Opponents next year.. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Opponents next year..

Vertical Limit

Active Roster
Reaction score
Just saw this, I never seen it before, realistically do we even have a shot at the wild card with all the holes and the schedule being as tough as it is:

601288_10100928990228118_1507871555_n-1.jpg

We would have to have one hell of an offseason to come up with seven wins.

It's hard to say how good our opponents will be. Drew Brees or Matt Ryan goes down and either of those games look much less daunting. Or Tannehill could take a giant leap and Miami ends up being much better than people anticipated. Too early to tell I think...

I think we need to see the dates of each of these games and a full off-season, draft and preseason to really gauge how each team may look.

Seven is possible. There are ten winnable games on that schedule (Jets x 2, Bills x 2, Bills, Panthers, Bengals, Chargers, Colts, Bucs). Add in the "Any Given Sunday" mentality, and you could flip a couple.

this qbs gonna win you some games in 2013 that will surprise you...tough schedule no doubt...and we'll be better for playing tannehill in 2012 for it...

the main piece is in place...

Landscape changes every year with these teams. Baltimore may lose half their defense, Brady may go down.....who knows, they are all winnable with a good FA and Draft class. If we strikeout we'll be another 6 or 7 win team but with the right moves we can win 11-12. We should have won 9-10 last year if it weren't for a god awful kicker and a few bonehead plays

there's no doubt though that schedule is legit...better plan on scoring some damn points...field goals against that schedule end in losses...

You've been a debbie downer as of like Vertical... But whatever, it all depends on the offseason. It is definately a solid schedule. On the bright side, most of the more difficult games are home games

Hopefully the dolphins open with a home game because I will get to have 3 day weekend in south florida.
gators at canes
?????? at dolphins

Oh....... hard to get 6win's but we might do it, wild card at best.

You've been a debbie downer as of like Vertical... But whatever, it all depends on the offseason. It is definately a solid schedule. On the bright side, most of the more difficult games are home games

?? I've been real the past week, not everything is rainbows and butterflies. You guys can't take it for some reason, every year is always Super Bowl in your mind and the past 15 years I haven't seen it.

Can we at least wait 'til the end of free agency and the draft to see how our team shapes up BEFORE we write off our chances for a playoff spot? :ponder:

wow, furthest travel is new england and indy. not too shaby

We dont have a realistic chance of making the playoffs. We dont have a realistic chance of having a winning record.

We just have to many holes on this roster. Everyone gets rosie eyed during the offseason because they judge teams by how they were last season while projecting how great we will be after free agency/draft. People ignore that every other team has the chance to improve as well. A couple of those teams had bad seasons for odd reasons. Does anyone expect the Saints to go 7-9 again with Sean Payton back? Anyone expect the Steelers to get worse when Big Ben, David DeCastro, Marcus Gilbert, and others are returning from injuries?

As well, everyone likes to "madden" it and base their prediction on how the teams look on paper. It doesnt work. All those games we "are suppose to win" have a chance of being losses. Example? We have only swept the Bills once in the past 4 years. That team has been pretty bad that entire time. On paper, we should stomp them. Doesnt always work out. The Texans were garbage for years on end and we never beat them. We are 0-2 against the Browns in the last 3 years.

Realistically, we are going to lose to the Saints, Steelers, Ravens, Falcons, and Patriots twice. Thats 6 loses there. Can anyone honestly say they cant see us losing 2 more games? Bengals have a third year pro-bowl quarterback throwing to one of the best receivers in the league. We currently have no corners. How about the Colts? They are stacked and have plenty of young players ready to step up(even though they played exceptionally as rookies). How about the Chargers? They made one of the better head coaching hires in McCoy and somehow convinced Whisenhunt to come in as their OC. Outstanding job by them thus far into the offseason. The Bucs? They are going into the second year of their scheme(which is so vastly important on here) and simply have a better offense than us. Who wants to bet against Cam Newton on any given sunday? I wouldnt.

When we passed on receivers during last years draft, i predicted this team wouldnt contend until 2014. With that schedule, i stand by that prediction. We loaded up on draft picks and money by creating/ignoring holes. We just have to much to do with this roster. Best case scenario, if we have an OUTSTANDING offseason, i can see us going 8-8. Anything less than stellar(as is our custom) i can see a 6-10 season.

Back
Top Bottom