Orlando Pace to the Texans? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Orlando Pace to the Texans?

TXFinFan said:
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2012782

Too bad we promised D-Mac we wouldn't get a LT. It appears Pace is willing to go to another team. I would definitely give up this year's 1st rounder for a franchise LT!

Giving up the 1st rounder isn't as big a deal as the fact that there is NO WAY we could afford to pay the guy. Besides, I'd rather keep the pick and get a good RB or Braylon Edwards.

TXFinFan said:
I would definitely give up this year's 1st rounder for a franchise LT!

Maybe if he was 5 years younger...or if we had a pick outside the top 10.

But not the 2nd overall pick.

For a LT of Pace's caliber...maybe...but, you give up the #2 pick AND the mega-cap-hit deal that Pace will get, so it would kind of hurt to do something like this.

DolphinDevil28 said:
Maybe if he was 5 years younger...or if we had a pick outside the top 10.

But not the 2nd overall pick.

I can understand us not being able to pay him, but this is one of the worst years ever to have the 2nd pick in the draft. If we could afford his salary, I would definitely give up this years #2 pick. Pace has at least 5 more effective years.

Pace is great but u dont trade the #2 overall pick for a 30 year old LT (especially when your not even in SB contention) whos only got 3 maybe 4 great years left in him!

Ronnie Brown
Cedric Benson
Cadillac Williams
Mike Williams
Braylon Edwards
Erasmus James
Derrick Johnson

Barring a major injury they could all have 10+ great years in them!

ckparrothead said:
For a LT of Pace's caliber...maybe...but, you give up the #2 pick AND the mega-cap-hit deal that Pace will get, so it would kind of hurt to do something like this.

HE IS GOOD BUT YOU ARE RIGHT, NOT AT THAT AGE DO WE GIVE UP A FIRST ROUNDER OR THE $....

TXFinFan said:
I can understand us not being able to pay him, but this is one of the worst years ever to have the 2nd pick in the draft. If we could afford his salary, I would definitely give up this years #2 pick. Pace has at least 5 more effective years.

That is not true.

TXFinFan said:

BS!

The top of this draft is loaded with the offensive firepower that we need!

Ronnie Brown
Cedric Benson
Cadillac Williams
Mike Williams
Braylon Edwards

They all have the talent/upside to be franchise players!

Shifty187 said:
BS!

The top of this draft is loaded with the offensive firepower that we need!

Ronnie Brown
Cedric Benson
Cadillac Williams
Mike Williams
Braylon Edwards

They all have the talent/upside to be franchise players!

But, are any of them as valuable as having a proven franchise LT for 5 or 6 more years?

I could care less about Pace. We've never been in the running for his services. If we were, I'd change my mind, but Pace is out of our league....

PHINZ RULE!!! :evil:

TXFinFan said:
But, are any of them as valuable as having a proven franchise LT for 5 or 6 more years?

Pace is already 30!

I highly doubt that he'll be a franchise LT for another 5-6 seasons!

Giving up the #2 pick in the draft woulkd be terrible. Pace is getting older and he wont help us in the future.

Didnt Pace ask for like a 15 million dollar signing bonus..? dont want this guy

Back
Top Bottom