Other teams looking for recievers also.. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Other teams looking for recievers also..

I think our only comp for Wallace is the Browns, everybody else really doesn't have the cap space, so they would have to do a lot of manuvering to try and get it to pay him. Jennings I think is there for our taking if we offer him in the ballpark for what he wants.

I personally preferre Wallace over Jennings.

I agree. Wallace is younger and faster than Jennings. I think if money is equal, Wallace will choose Miami over Cleveland because of no state income tax and weather.

I agree. Wallace is younger and faster than Jennings. I think if money is equal, Wallace will choose Miami over Cleveland because of no state income tax and weather.
not to mention the finest women of all the places I've traveled. I also live in Southern California. Just sayin. Cleveland is a copmplete **** hole. Cleveland and Detroit always battle for the worste places to live year in and year out

I really don't give a **** about other teams. Ireland and Ross better have a "we're not gonna be denied" attitude this year when it comes to Wallace and/or Jennings. Because there's absolutely, positively NO EXCUSE to not land one of them. **** the 31 other teams.

This is scary3. New England PatriotsAvailable salary cap space: $19 million
Draft pick: 29
The Pats are still looking for help on the outside as Brandon Lloyd had just 911 yards and four touchdowns and Deion Branch had 145 yards on 16 catches and zero touchdowns. Wallace, again, looks like a perfect fit as the Patriots’ deep threat – think Randy Moss and his 23 touchdowns in 2007. Plus, who wouldn’t want to play withTom Brady? There’s also been a lot of buzz lately that Wes Welker could be on the way out, so perhaps they will be in the market for a slot receiver like Danny Amendola, who isseemingly at odds with the Rams.

I doubt that's happening he wants like 11-14mill a year or something like that. Way too much imo

Jennings will get 7-8/year and give us a vet who runs crisp routes and can catch over the middle. He's also put up good numbers in this offense, so that's in our favor as well.

I can see the pats as competition, but they have a couple guys of their own they may bring that number down quite a bit. Vollimer is a damn good tackle and may make the type of money that can cut their available balance in half. And if they do resign welker, there it all goes. Cleveland is a joke, anyone that would honestly want to live and play there is insane.

I like Ben Volin, but he really missed the mark with this article. The biggest competitors for WR's in this draft are: 1. St. Louis (need multiple WR's if they let Amandola go), 2. Pittsburgh Steelers (to replace Wallace), 3. Seattle, 4. Baltimore (if they lose Boldin), 5. Minnesota (finally he got one right!), and 6. Clevland (ok two right). The Patriots are more interested in keeping/replacing Welker whether it's at the X, Y or Z, but I look for them to target a guys like Tavon Austin, Ryan Swope or Robert Woods for the slot position.

St. Louis needs all kinds of WR's, but will likely draft 2, one high and one developmental. I could see them targeting Keenan Allen to give Bradford a reliable underneath target.

The Steelers could well go for a guy like Justin Hunter to fill the deep threat role Wallace played and the big lift role that Plaxico Burress used to fill so well for them. Other targets that make sense for them would be Cobi Hamilton, Markus Wheaton, or DeAndre Hopkins.

Seattle will want to upgrade around Russel Wilson. All of their receivers/TE's are decent but not great. They really could go in any direction, but I would look for guys with speed because the deep ball is Wilson's forte. His accuracy isn't always stellar, so I would expect bigger WR's to be their preference. I would imagine they'll target Justin Hunter, Cordarrelle Patterson, Keenan Allen, Cobi Hamilton and Marcus Davis.

Baltimore will look for a possession receiver if they lose Boldin. If not, they'll look for a guy to fill Jacoby Jones' shoes in both the deep threat and return role. Guys like Cordarrelle Patterson or Keenan Allen would be ideal, but I suspect Baltimore will wait until round 2 or later for guys like Cobi Hamilton, Da'Rick Rogers, Quinton Patton or Aaron Dobson.

Minnesota will either look to complement Percy Harvin or replace him. Complements would be big guys who present a large target for their mediocre QB, like Justin Hunter, Keenan Allen, Aaron Dobson, Marquess Wilson or Aaron Mellette. Replacements would be guys like Tavon Austin, Marquise Goodwin, and Denard Robinson.

Clevland is trickier because with Chudzinski and Norv coming in, I'd expect big receivers and a vertical passing game. This seems to fit Brandon Wheedon's game ... but rumor is they're looking for a new QB and I'm not sure there are any better vertical passers coming in via FA or the draft who are head and shoulders above Wheedon to be honest. Anyway, guys like Justin Hunter, Keenan Allen, Cordarelle Patterson, DeAndre Hopkins and Cobi Hamilton fit the bill.

By now I'm sure you've noticed that certain names came up a lot in that analysis, guys like Justin Hunter and Cobi Hamilton may have surprised some people. But the reality is that I think those guys fit just about every system in the NFL, and will be high on a lot of teams' draft boards.

Reactions: MD
I like Ben Volin, but he really missed the mark with this article. The biggest competitors for WR's in this draft are: 1. St. Louis (need multiple WR's if they let Amandola go), 2. Pittsburgh Steelers (to replace Wallace), 3. Seattle, 4. Baltimore (if they lose Boldin), 5. Minnesota (finally he got one right!), and 6. Clevland (ok two right). The Patriots are more interested in keeping/replacing Welker whether it's at the X, Y or Z, but I look for them to target a guys like Tavon Austin, Ryan Swope or Robert Woods for the slot position.

St. Louis needs all kinds of WR's, but will likely draft 2, one high and one developmental. I could see them targeting Keenan Allen to give Bradford a reliable underneath target.

The Steelers could well go for a guy like Justin Hunter to fill the deep threat role Wallace played and the big lift role that Plaxico Burress used to fill so well for them. Other targets that make sense for them would be Cobi Hamilton, Markus Wheaton, or DeAndre Hopkins.

Seattle will want to upgrade around Russel Wilson. All of their receivers/TE's are decent but not great. They really could go in any direction, but I would look for guys with speed because the deep ball is Wilson's forte. His accuracy isn't always stellar, so I would expect bigger WR's to be their preference. I would imagine they'll target Justin Hunter, Cordarrelle Patterson, Keenan Allen, Cobi Hamilton and Marcus Davis.

Baltimore will look for a possession receiver if they lose Boldin. If not, they'll look for a guy to fill Jacoby Jones' shoes in both the deep threat and return role. Guys like Cordarrelle Patterson or Keenan Allen would be ideal, but I suspect Baltimore will wait until round 2 or later for guys like Cobi Hamilton, Da'Rick Rogers, Quinton Patton or Aaron Dobson.

Minnesota will either look to complement Percy Harvin or replace him. Complements would be big guys who present a large target for their mediocre QB, like Justin Hunter, Keenan Allen, Aaron Dobson, Marquess Wilson or Aaron Mellette. Replacements would be guys like Tavon Austin, Marquise Goodwin, and Denard Robinson.

Clevland is trickier because with Chudzinski and Norv coming in, I'd expect big receivers and a vertical passing game. This seems to fit Brandon Wheedon's game ... but rumor is they're looking for a new QB and I'm not sure there are any better vertical passers coming in via FA or the draft who are head and shoulders above Wheedon to be honest. Anyway, guys like Justin Hunter, Keenan Allen, Cordarelle Patterson, DeAndre Hopkins and Cobi Hamilton fit the bill.

By now I'm sure you've noticed that certain names came up a lot in that analysis, guys like Justin Hunter and Cobi Hamilton may have surprised some people. But the reality is that I think those guys fit just about every system in the NFL, and will be high on a lot of teams' draft boards.

Doesn't matter who needs what, when, who, etc. It will be about $$$$$$$

If our only competition are the Browns there is no DOUBT we get Wallace (if indeed we are trying to get him). Unless NE frees up more cap space they will be his #1 option. thre is no way Wallace goes to an AFC North rival, with no proven QB, and a team who will be literally rebuilding. I know we arent a power house yet, but we are much closer than the Browns.

Wallace on the Pats doesn't scare me as much as Moss did. Brady has lost some accuracy on his longer passes since he got his knee destroyed.

Back
Top Bottom