Our D... | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Our D...

Lemme get this straight:

This awful D, questionable before Timmons pussed out, held Rivers and Gordon to 17 points.

But our O, with an established gunslinger to feed 3 hungry high end receivers as well as a sledgehammer running back, only put up one TD and 4 field goals by the same guy that bought us our first win last year.

The O troubles me more than the D. We expected our D to be iffy at best.

We expect our O to stack a lotta points. TDs, not FGs.

I'd say our D did OK, all things considered.

Not great, not awful. O did likewise.

No pass rush, no pass defense, but hey the run D was good. Gonna be a long season if we can't hurry the QB.

I saw Jones having to cover ground for Maxwell at least twice. There's obvious anger from Jones towards him.

I'm more worried about the play calling from Gase. Way to conservative today. Almost cost us.

I don't like comparing week to week results, especially not week one vs week two.

That said, this was our week one, and it's my opinion that week one always gives contrarian results, so maybe our defense WILL be good.

But what I saw today was troubling.

My point is that many posts are suggesting that this wasn't a quality win because the Chargers are supposedly a bad team.
We don't know how good they are. But, they went toe to toe against a team with a top notch defense and a team that is destroying what is felt to be a pretty good Dallas team.

The Chargers offense is overrated as hell, and the sooner people realize that, the better. Our defense sucked ass last season and we made fools of them.

I think the Chargers are a bad team for the same reason I think the Jets are a bad team. The way they played in 2016, the roster they carried from one season to the next, and what I've seen on the field after two games.

I bitched about the defense the whole game, but it doesn't matter if the Chargers end up being bad. A win in the NFL is hard to get and you take it no matter what.

Yeah, I'm happy with the win. Should be 2-0 after next week.

But I'm just being honest, we badly need an infusion of talent on defense and it seems like we just can't figure out how to find it.

If that had been the patties they would've dropped 70 on us with their eyes closed.
Can't do jack when you can't pressure the qb.

Held Rivers and Gordon to 17 points at home with only 1 LB. BOOM. Well done! We bent ... sure, but 17 points is a good number against this team. Our strong run game + decent defense ... this team can do some good things.

Was just saying to my friend that as bad as it seemed, we gave up less points to the Chargers at home than the broncos gave up to them in Denver. That has to count for something.... right?

Howard had a bad game, but I think he'll be better. I'm done with Maxwell. Even if he plays better, he's just a problem. His miscues forced Jones to make up for his mistakes which created problems.

The LBs are young and could get better, but that's going to be a huge issue all season. I don't expect them to improve all that much. The secondary will probably play better in future games.

Yeah, I'm happy with the win. Should be 2-0 after next week.

But I'm just being honest, we badly need an infusion of talent on defense and it seems like we just can't figure out how to find it.
Well 2 of our infusions disapeared.... One broke down and the other one flat out welll... disapeared....

It's easier to play bend, don't break when the offense is sustaining drives. Cutler and the offense were moving down the field pretty consistently. They just couldn't get into in the end zone. When you don't move the ball, that type of defense gets exhausted after a while. We've seen that before. In other words, the offense can make up for the defense as long they keep people out of the end zone. It's not a defense we can rely on if the offense sucks.

The pass defense wasn't good and the pass rush was worse, but we held the run game in check and they only scored 17. On offense the offensive line looked much better than I anticipated. The only major blunder I saw was Tunsil doing the exact same thing he did in the preseason game. Its like he is thinking about something else sometimes.

Back
Top Bottom