Our Defense is missing something.

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by FrankoMC, Nov 30, 2008.

1. FrankoMC

FrankoMC Rookie

I can't put my finger on it but our defense is missing somethig. Can someone tell me what it is.

2. illscriptures

illscriptures We need better LB's

A good ILB. Another Zach Thomas to sniff out runs and stop them in the backfield.

But there is no other Zach Thomas.

3. RHoffman

RHoffman DOB: Get my Ring!

Coverage lbs...better cornerbacks (other than W Allen) who make plays...ditto safeties...and another pass rusher...seasoning out of Merling, Langford...that being said they will get there eventually.

4. RoninFin4

RoninFin4 FinHeaven VIP

Another pass-rusher, or three. An upgraded Secondary and a young NT would help too.

5. Lester

Lester Can't help it. Born this way!

a consistent pass rush, if teams take Joey out of the play, we got nothing. Its not our secondary that is the primary concern.

For our system we need another pass rusher, plus another plug up the middle cause fergusun can't fill a whole game. Solai cant seem to figure it out.

6. shula_guy

shula_guy FinHeaven VIP

our defense is missing the same thing as our offense; CONISISTENCY

7. Kadiddlehopper

Kadiddlehopper Charter Member of the Dolphin's Fan Club

Playmakers!

8. DevereauxWilson

DevereauxWilson Rookie

Terrel Suggs

9. GoonBoss

GoonBoss Finheaven Templar Super Donator Donator

Talent. JFerg is fine. Actually our line is fine, despite today's play. OUr linebackers are a patchwork corps. JP is a pure 3-4 OLB. Roth is not. That whole experiment is a failure. I'm surprised that more teams haven;t keyed on him. Crowder is fine, but limited. Same with Adayle, but, somhow, Akin seems to come up with big plays, doesn't he? Our DBs stink. Bell is good. WAllen is good. Other than that, we are overmatched.

10. whodizking

whodizking Rookie

we need another corner on the other side of Allen. then with goodmen an hopefully a young drafted DB we will have depth. Same on the line, one more pass rusher a young DT an hopefully another signed for depth. But B.P. will bring another playmaking LB, an that will prolly come from the draft.
    Bell is having a good season an Hill doesn't truly ever kill us so i see someone coming in that is a playmaker or prolly just another drafted S. even tho i feel we don't need it.
    Overall with the talent we have on D_fense we are doing pretty decent. the run D has been slacking alittle tho....

11. SRM

SRM Scout Team

We need faster LB's, since we have such a beefy D-Line, when the backs get past them our LB's aren't really swarming to the ball.. they seem to just be "there"

Maybe it isn't speed we need though, I think it could also be just smarter/more aggresive ones, we all know Zach wasn't the fastest guy out there, but he used the speed he had to attack the ball carrier for mere 1-2 yard gains

12. rainmaker1313

rainmaker1313 A True Fan Donator

Yes....its missing Defense :lol::lol::lol:

13. PerfectFinz72

PerfectFinz72 Pro Bowler

Its missing playmakers, plain and simple. There are a bunch of nice pieces right now to build your D around, but you can't have this unit as your base defense. Oh, and the secondary needs some work. I like Bell and Will Allen, and you can keep Goodman for depth. But other than that I dont care who stays or goes.

14. X-Pacolypse

X-Pacolypse A True Fan

Pass rushers. Clint Sintim can help fix that.

15. Dtronic

Dtronic Season ticket Holder Sec 150

We need a pass rush. Any QB looks stellar against us when there is no pressure for them to throw. Nt and 2 lb's next year I hope.

16. shula_guy

shula_guy FinHeaven VIP

I like how all last week alot of you were spouting that it was the defenses fault we lost because our offense managed to put up 28 points. Now this week our defnse holds them to 12 points and creates 3 turnovers. Our defense does have room for improvment, but they are the ones who won this game for us and they are the same defense that kept us in the game last week. How is it that the defense cathes the heat from everyone and the mediocre offense gets a free pass.

I am amazed that there isnt more discussion about our offense lacking the ability to convert 3rd downs and control the clock. Our offense's sucess goes with how effective the wildcat impacts the game. Without effective exiction of that formation, our offense becomes very average.

17. stevec

stevec FinHeaven VIP

Inability to stop teams on third downs to force punts. I know that the Rams had to kick field goals today, but we have got to stop those third and longs earlier in the drives.

18. MiZFiT

MiZFiT FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP Donator

good inside linebackers. one or two more good corners opposite will allen. and pass rushing linemen.

19. miamiron

miamiron A True Fan

Sorrym
    He is older than Methusalah and will need to be replaced soon

20. Nappy Roots

Nappy Roots Da Dalphins

:lol:

21. WVDolphan

WVDolphan Banned Hammered

Consistant pressure on the QB.

22. PJack

PJack A True Fan

Exactly! Beat up the QB and watch how everything else falls into place. Pair that pressure with a couple of ballhawks in the secondary, and we suddenly become a top 5 D.

23. dolpns13

dolpns13 Chest Rockwell is my hero Donator

we can start with a pass rush, and move on from there.

24. PJack

PJack A True Fan

Yup....we most definitely a consistent run game. Turns out our defense can't give up any points when our offense is controlling the ball.

25. FrankoMC

FrankoMC Rookie

MAtt Roth is not quick enough.

26. stevec

stevec FinHeaven VIP

Steelers proved that against the Pats today.

27. shula_guy

shula_guy FinHeaven VIP

That is completely accurate!

28. Jersey DolFan

Jersey DolFan Banned Hammered

I agree with the fact that our defense and our offense has off and on days. It always seems like one or the other isnt being consistent from week to week. The Offense def. needs to work on 3rd down conversions in a HUGE way if we want to have any more wins at all this season..I have to disagree with you saying that how we do depends on the wildcat though...we've barely used it over the past few weeks to much significance. I feel like the offense has alot of solid weapons and it is and has the potential to be a very dangerous force every week. Our D needs to stop 3rd and longs...especially early in drives and near the red zone..this is a big reason why we lost to NE. Other ppl have already gotten into specifics. but it basically boils down to stoping drives more often. Today we can definetly thank the D though. They are the reason we pulled the game out...our O wasnt horrible, just couldnt produce the way its been...

29. blackthought

blackthought Starter

AMEN, AMEN, AMEN. :woot:This team would be almost unstoppable, when it comes to pass rush. We'd be one of the nastiest and toughest defensive teams out their. Those two together would scare any offense.

30. PhinsPhan

PhinsPhan Pro Bowler

I think it comes down to our interior linebackers.

Akin was a castoff from Dallas and has been nothing more than adequate. Crowder on the other hand is really disappointing to me. I thought this would be the year that everything clicks. But as talented as he is he just doesn't get it. Over pursues plays and then after he blows backside coverage a few times early in the game he is too cautious and plays slower than he is. This guy was a much better player when Zach was doing the thinking.