Our draft pick order | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Our draft pick order

Lol at our lb corps next year with Raekwon and Roquan! That would be the definition of a slam dunk pick imo. Move Alonso back to MLB. Raek-alonzo-raq. Pick a DT DE tweener in the second like rasheem green to fill hayes's role playing base LE and nickel DT next to suh subbing for phillips/godchaux. Take hayden hurst in the third. A rb and swing ot with our 4ths. Everybody keeps penciling davis as a starter but forget he'll vacate as our oline's sixth man.

If we draft DE again in the first round this year, I'll throw my TV through my TV. Some teams, regardless of regime, have a penchant for developing certain positions from thin air. DE is ours. By committing high draft resources, we use precious resources where we have a track record of not needing to spend. DT and DE can suffice for now.

We have got to address the middle of the field. I'm tired of attacking the edges.

We need a top shelf LB to double down with Raekwon. I'm cool with drafting 2 LB's to step this unit up to a complete strength of the D.

Next, we need G's. Including the idea of moving Tunsil back to G if the right LT comes along.

Moving along, draft a C to replace that perennial All Pro we have anchoring the Titanic.

Somewhere in all of this, get me a top shelf TE. I need a mismatch monster to defray the inevitable swan song of Parker and shift focus away from Landry and Stills.

Near the end, we need a RB to develop and push that unit.

Oh yea and if the right QB lands in our lap, we need a developmental guy for the future. About time we started thinking ahead and looking for someone to push Moore and be ready for RT's next injury.

Wait, we don't need any more defensive ends? Miami is near the bottom of the league in sacks because Miami doesn't have elite pass rushers.

Miami should ABSOLUTELY take a DE in the first round. And if not DE, a linebacker like Roquan Smith.

Use whatever cap space we have to sign offensive linemen. DE, LB, TE is how I go in the first three rounds of the draft.

over Josh Allen or over anyone?

Ozzy rules!!

If indeed Miami is interested in a first round QB that QB will be interviewed by Gase. Based on what I’ve heard about Mayfield’s work habits and football IQ , I’m guessing Gase will fall in love. It will be interesting to see who is summoned to South Florida pre draft. I don’t agree but I’ll be very surprised and STOKED if any QB’s are interviewed.

I just can't see Miami after preparing raekwon for the mike role out the gate moving him to strong side backer to bring in another mike...nor can I see kiko moved from weak back inside given the poa ask of the scheme

which to me means strong side is where the add comes from...but it's so hard to find value in a strong side backer in the top 15 in our scheme...like it just doesn't seem like good asset management

anyways the freaking raiders couldn't even beat a gift wrapped game from nick foles who is dreadful and sure to send all those clueless eagles fans home lombardi less and likely even in their first home play off game.

I really like denzel ward as a nickel but that's again not great top 15 asset management...good player though...I'm a fan

No chance the Dolphins are even in position to take a first round QB. There will be a run of QBs early this year...

Cleveland will take one #1 overall, unless the guy they covet absolutely refuses to sign ala Eli Manning. In such a scenario they will trade out of 1 with either the Giants (2) or Broncos (6) or Jets (7). In such a scenario, they'd take a QB with their #4 pick (from Houston).

The Colts might even draft one depending on their view of Luck's longterm health. Giants will definitely take one. As will the Broncos. Jets might as well. Bills were aiming to jump up and get one, but I don't think they have the ammo.

You are realistically looking at Rosen, Darnold, Mayfield, Allen and Jackson all gone within the first 7 picks...

No chance the Dolphins are even in position to take a first round QB. There will be a run of QBs early this year...

Cleveland will take one #1 overall, unless the guy they covet absolutely refuses to sign ala Eli Manning. In such a scenario they will trade out of 1 with either the Giants (2) or Broncos (6) or Jets (7). In such a scenario, they'd take a QB with their #4 pick (from Houston).

The Colts might even draft one depending on their view of Luck's longterm health. Giants will definitely take one. As will the Broncos. Jets might as well. Bills were aiming to jump up and get one, but I don't think they have the ammo.

You are realistically looking at Rosen, Darnold, Mayfield, Allen and Jackson all gone within the first 7 picks...
I know that's possible, but has there ever been a run of 5 QB's taken in the first 7 picks? This is why I wish we would have lost more games. If that's the case, some of those teams are reaching for a QB and some top talent is going to fall to 8, 9, and 10

no there's never been 5 qbs in the first 7 picks...I do think that there may be 4 in the top 10 though...it's gonna depend on what flavor teams want...as the ideal scheme fits are pretty different. west coast/rac josh rosen, pro style darnold pro style josh allen, read option pistol lamar Jackson, spread read option pistol baker mayfield

what there also has never been is a 6 foot 4.7 guy in the top 15...so this place will probably lose it's marbles if/when baker Mayfield is on the board come our pick

I know that's possible, but has there ever been a run of 5 QB's taken in the first 7 picks? This is why I wish we would have lost more games. If that's the case, some of those teams are reaching for a QB and some top talent is going to fall to 8, 9, and 10

It's been a long time since that has happened, but I also don't remember a draft so front-loaded with teams with obvious needs for QB. At minimum I think 3 go in the Top 10. MAYBE Jackson or Josh Allen fall to the Dolphins at 10-15.... but I'm not so sure it happens. There are a lot of QB hungry teams at the top and then some more QB hungry teams with ammo to move up in the 10-15 range for a QB who falls (like the Bills)

the rest of the draft at the top doesn't look strong enough for the qbs to sit around...so they will come for them you can be assured of that

Teams that will be in the market for a QB in the first round: (with current draft position)
Browns (1 & 4)
Giants (2)
Broncos (6)
Jets (7)
Cardinals (13)
Bills (17 & 25)

Teams that COULD be in the market for a QB in the first round:
Colts (3) *Depends on Luck's longterm health
Redskins (14) *Depends on what they do with Kirk Cousins
Saints (24) *Depends on whether Brees retires
Steelers (29) *Depends on whether Big Ben retires

That is a ton of competition for QBs in the first round. I think the Jets may take themselves out of the sweepstakes by signing Cousins or Tyrod Taylor. Another team will also probably pick up Cousins or Taylor. Cincy is another to watch... they might decide to go with AJ McCarron and set Dalton loose who may latch on with another team as a starter.

I just don't see it for the Dolphins taking a QB early. They will likely ride or die with Tannehill in 2018 and if he fails or gets injured again, target a QB in 2019 when there will be less competition.

Teams that will be in the market for a QB in the first round: (with current draft position)
Browns (1 & 4)
Giants (2)
Broncos (6)
Jets (7)
Cardinals (13)
Bills (17 & 25)

Teams that COULD be in the market for a QB in the first round:
Colts (3) *Depends on Luck's longterm health
Redskins (14) *Depends on what they do with Kirk Cousins
Saints (24) *Depends on whether Brees retires
Steelers (29) *Depends on whether Big Ben retires

That is a ton of competition for QBs in the first round. I think the Jets may take themselves out of the sweepstakes by signing Cousins or Tyrod Taylor. Another team will also probably pick up Cousins or Taylor. Cincy is another to watch... they might decide to go with AJ McCarron and set Dalton loose who may latch on with another team as a starter.

I just don't see it for the Dolphins taking a QB early. They will likely ride or die with Tannehill in 2018 and if he fails or gets injured again, target a QB in 2019 when there will be less competition.

exactly...he's not gonna fail the only way they get rid of him is if his knee doesn't hold up...outside of that he's gonna be here with adam gase...he's the right fit for the offense and executes at a high clip...he's going nowhere

but should injury fell him Miami puts all it's chips in qb in 2019 draft...

As of right now it looks like the best we'll do is 12. The only way to draft higher even if we lose to the bills is for the Raiders and Bengals to win on the road so lets say 12 it is. I agree that 4 QB's will most likely go before our pick comes. If one of those guys is still there then we're going to get offers for sure and we need to consider them because we can use the extra picks.

In case 5 QB's go top 11 then at least one or two pretty good players should fall to us but would those guys be value? I have to agree with hoops that a SDLB might not be worth taking top 12 and neither is a guard. Also 12 might be way to high for the first TE to come off the board. The way Drake is playing I can't see us drafting a RB at 12 either. DE is value but Chubb and Key will most likely be gone and we don't need a corner with Tank and X.
The top Safety should be gone as well so I'm thinking, would the FO go OT(McGLINCHEY?) and and play him at RT or move Tunsil go guard? I know this board would go crazy mad if we go OT but would that be the best value? Or, would they go WR(Sutton/Ridley?) if they plan to let Landry go?

We could be in no mans land at 12 depending on how many QB's go early. Moving down if possible and drafting Andrews is an idea but again, how far down and what we get in return? Too bad we're not drafting top 10

Ozzy rules!!

Back
Top Bottom