Our draft pick order | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Our draft pick order

Teams that will be in the market for a QB in the first round: (with current draft position)
Browns (1 & 4)
Giants (2)
Broncos (6)
Jets (7)
Cardinals (13)
Bills (17 & 25)

Teams that COULD be in the market for a QB in the first round:
Colts (3) *Depends on Luck's longterm health
Redskins (14) *Depends on what they do with Kirk Cousins
Saints (24) *Depends on whether Brees retires
Steelers (29) *Depends on whether Big Ben retires

That is a ton of competition for QBs in the first round. I think the Jets may take themselves out of the sweepstakes by signing Cousins or Tyrod Taylor. Another team will also probably pick up Cousins or Taylor. Cincy is another to watch... they might decide to go with AJ McCarron and set Dalton loose who may latch on with another team as a starter.

I just don't see it for the Dolphins taking a QB early. They will likely ride or die with Tannehill in 2018 and if he fails or gets injured again, target a QB in 2019 when there will be less competition.
Browns will be in the market for a QB if they know what's good for them....even though they've proven they don't. I think Dorsey though will be looking hard at the QBs in this draft and the organization has said getting the QB is top priority.

if browns are gonna run the same offensive scheme as they are running with deshone kizer they are gonna take a very hard look at lamar Jackson...who I'm very sure is gonna be rising up boards after he runs sub 4.5

provided he can make the read option and pistol style throws which I think he can provided you put your route concepts with throws he can make

if browns are gonna run the same offensive scheme as they are running with deshone kizer they are gonna take a very hard look at lamar Jackson...who I'm very sure is gonna be rising up boards after he runs sub 4.5

provided he can make the read option and pistol style throws which I think he can provided you put your route concepts with throws he can make
They can get him with their second pick if they want him as their QB. Who do you guys think is the top overall player and should be drafted first if QB was not a need?

the rest of the draft at the top doesn't look strong enough for the qbs to sit around...so they will come for them you can be assured of that

i.e. if one of the top 4 or 5 QBs is sitting there for us, it would be a great time to trade down?

Kizer is the only QB that consistently played worse than Jay Cutler, even though no QB can be good with Ricardo Louis as ur no. 1 wr he didn't improve much with the return of Corey Coleman and Josh Gordon. Jacksons accuracy will be an issue but I can imagine it can't be worse than Kizers, that frame on Jackson is not lasting in the NFL. ( I remember meeting Vick in person dude looked like a rb)

i.e. if one of the top 4 or 5 QBs is sitting there for us, it would be a great time to trade down?

when you are sitting where we are outside the top 10 the only real way you are gonna be approached is if you are sitting within 2 picks of obvious all in qb team...someone that has to be trumped...I doubt miamis gonna have trade out qb asset value pick wise but you never know...there could be a team that has a top 5 grade on a guy and as he falls they try every team on the list between themselves and that current pick to get up there

sounds easier than it is though...

hue may only be running that system cause it fits kizers game...it's hard to say...I'm just saying if they want to play that scheme lamar Jackson can do it

does Jackson run or play to contact? I still haven't found that out yet...only seen him a few times gonna watch the bowl game...they gonna like that arm strength and that top end speed

If we draft DE again in the first round this year, I'll throw my TV through my TV. Some teams, regardless of regime, have a penchant for developing certain positions from thin air. DE is ours. By committing high draft resources, we use precious resources where we have a track record of not needing to spend. DT and DE can suffice for now.

We have got to address the middle of the field. I'm tired of attacking the edges.

We need a top shelf LB to double down with Raekwon. I'm cool with drafting 2 LB's to step this unit up to a complete strength of the D.

Next, we need G's. Including the idea of moving Tunsil back to G if the right LT comes along.

Moving along, draft a C to replace that perennial All Pro we have anchoring the Titanic.

Somewhere in all of this, get me a top shelf TE. I need a mismatch monster to defray the inevitable swan song of Parker and shift focus away from Landry and Stills.

Near the end, we need a RB to develop and push that unit.

Oh yea and if the right QB lands in our lap, we need a developmental guy for the future. About time we started thinking ahead and looking for someone to push Moore and be ready for RT's next injury.

On board with much of what you post...but totally disagree on the DE. DE is the most important position on our D. And you really cant have too many of them as ideally you rotate them to keep them fresh. And our outlook...

Wake is nearing the end. Thank you for the great plays, hustle and passion over the years...
Harris has promise, but will he become a top shelf pass rushing threat? And if he does, can he improve his run D to consistently not be a liability? I think he showed enough that he will be an asset
Branch is JAG...which would be fine if he were paid like a rotation guy.
Hayes - excellent pick up, great against the run. Hustle pass rush. Should be in our plans...hope he continues his level of play with an extension
Fede - okay depth
New guy (Molivare?) they brought up from the practice squad looks like good depth... cant recall his name.

That unit definitely does not preclude you from drafting a DE, especially if you can get a 3 down DE, high in the draft... Having said that, if there is a stud WLB prospect in the 1st or SLB in the 2nd or later, we sure could use the help at LB...and that is assuming that McMillian lives up to the hope.

I think Tunsil is fine at LT...

That is a ton of competition for QBs in the first round. I think the Jets may take themselves out of the sweepstakes by signing Cousins or Tyrod Taylor. Another team will also probably pick up Cousins or Taylor. Cincy is another to watch... they might decide to go with AJ McCarron and set Dalton loose who may latch on with another team as a starter.

I hope so, I'd much rather that scenario than seeing them end up with Josh Allen, that kid has the definition of a live arm. With the Tom Brady era ending it would be nice to leave the Jets in the AFCE basement where the belong for as long as possible. I really hope they draft a safety in the first round.

Buffalo has a lot of draft picks but they won't have one in the top 15 which hurts their chances of trading up high enough to land Allen. They could easily move up for Mayfield or Jackson but are either of them nearly as suited for the cold and wind of Buffalo the way the much stronger armed and bigger Rosen, Darnold or Allen would be.

Buffalo could get left out in the cold when it comes to the QB carousel.

On board with much of what you post...but totally disagree on the DE. DE is the most important position on our D. And you really cant have too many of them as ideally you rotate them to keep them fresh. And our outlook...

Wake is nearing the end. Thank you for the great plays, hustle and passion over the years...
Harris has promise, but will he become a top shelf pass rushing threat? And if he does, can he improve his run D to consistently not be a liability? I think he showed enough that he will be an asset
Branch is JAG...which would be fine if he were paid like a rotation guy.
Hayes - excellent pick up, great against the run. Hustle pass rush. Should be in our plans...hope he continues his level of play with an extension
Fede - okay depth
New guy (Molivare?) they brought up from the practice squad looks like good depth... cant recall his name.

That unit definitely does not preclude you from drafting a DE, especially if you can get a 3 down DE, high in the draft... Having said that, if there is a stud WLB prospect in the 1st or SLB in the 2nd or later, we sure could use the help at LB...and that is assuming that McMillian lives up to the hope.

I think Tunsil is fine at LT...
I've been saying the same thing about us needing to draft a DE again but when I look at the board, will there be one at 12 worth taking? I believe the top two will be gone and the next guy but not be worth taking at 12. I know this sounds crazy but it's starting to look that OT could be the value/BPA at 12 unless something crazy happens before our pick. Tarding down could be an option but again, will there be a team wanting to move up to 12? Hard to tell at this point

Ozzy rules!!

DT is just as important.

Suh will be gone in the blink of an eye. Phillips is coming on but I am not building my defense around him. Godchaux is stout.

I am just saying that kid from Washington is a monster and will get some consideration though the evaluation process.

I've been saying the same thing about us needing to draft a DE again but when I look at the board, will there be one at 12 worth taking? I believe the top two will be gone and the next guy but not be worth taking at 12. I know this sounds crazy but it's starting to look that OT could be the value/BPA at 12 unless something crazy happens before our pick. Tarding down could be an option but again, will there be a team wanting to move up to 12? Hard to tell at this point

Ozzy rules!!

I was being generic. I've not followed college football enough to weigh in on the DE value at early teens this year intelligently. Chubbs would be, but he'll be gone. I certainly would NOT reach for one. It would be interesting if there was a stud tackle sitting there as the obvious best pick. Not optimal for us...

Kizer is the only QB that consistently played worse than Jay Cutler, even though no QB can be good with Ricardo Louis as ur no. 1 wr he didn't improve much with the return of Corey Coleman and Josh Gordon. Jacksons accuracy will be an issue but I can imagine it can't be worse than Kizers, that frame on Jackson is not lasting in the NFL. ( I remember meeting Vick in person dude looked like a rb)

I hope so, I'd much rather that scenario than seeing them end up with Josh Allen, that kid has the definition of a live arm. With the Tom Brady era ending it would be nice to leave the Jets in the AFCE basement where the belong for as long as possible. I really hope they draft a safety in the first round.

Buffalo has a lot of draft picks but they won't have one in the top 15 which hurts their chances of trading up high enough to land Allen. They could easily move up for Mayfield or Jackson but are either of them nearly as suited for the cold and wind of Buffalo the way the much stronger armed and bigger Rosen, Darnold or Allen would be.

Buffalo could get left out in the cold when it comes to the QB carousel.

that's what happens when you don't lose when it's in your best interest that you do

Back
Top Bottom