Our free agents and unrealistic expectations | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Our free agents and unrealistic expectations

Billk78

Scout Team
Reaction score
Today on Rotoworld it's reported that Sean Smith is seeking 6 years 43 mil (Jason Mccourty $). Hartline wants 5-6 million per (less than Jordy Nelson makes). Long wants a boatload too.

Im wondering what in the world these guys are basing the asking prices off of? Does Sean Smith, as well as his agent really think he is as good as Mccourty? Is this just a part of the bargaining process to get more money? Is it because we have a lot of cap space?

But cmon. I love to keep our players but they have to be realistic about what theyre worth. I still havent read anything about what reggie wants.

Honestly, let Smith and Hartline test free agency. I doubt they will get half of the amount they think theyre worth. Those numbers are extremely high.

If Hartline wants that $$$...then **** him. I'd rather bring in Devery Henderson and Mike Wallace.

If I was Ireland I would seriously start laughing in Sean Smith's face. Then I would walk over to the door, still laughing, and hold it open for him to walk out.

this is where I miss players like Jason, Zach and Sam. They we're always willing to redo their contracts to bring in more talent. Seems like these guys see how much money the team has and feel they deserve it.

Jordy Nelson scored more TDs this past season than Hartline has in his 4 year career and Jordy Nelson missed 4 games and parts of two others with injuries.

I was expecting this from Hartline, based on his inflated numbers, and Long, based on his inflated reputation...but Sean Smith don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Although I think there asking prices are high, I feel they will probably get the numbers they are asking for or more.

All of these players are asking for way too much money, and I wouldn't miss any of them if we replace them. I mean we're acting like these guys helped lead us to the playoffs. This is a losing team. Nobody is safe.

You have to start somewhere, and you don't start negotiating from the bottom up. All three will fond out their market value through this process and if we can make them a deal I'm sure they will. Smith is the one that worries me. There is such a need at corner that he might be over paid elsewhere... and that while creating yet another hole, and that might not be all that bad.lol

Starks, Bush, and Clemons. The only ones coming back.

This
You have to start somewhere, and you don't start negotiating from the bottom up. l

Also where did armando/miami herald/ rotoworld come up with these numbers? Have the agents of smith and hartline or the players said what they are seeking or is armando guesstimating?

Well you also have to think that the players are shooting for the stars, trying to get as much money out of the organization as they can.

Eventually once the times boils down they will budge from their first viewpoints and have realistic demands

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

this is where I miss players like Jason, Zach and Sam. They we're always willing to redo their contracts to bring in more talent. Seems like these guys see how much money the team has and feel they deserve it.

Well, to be fair, they didn't lower their salaries. They re-did their contracts and got money later on or got more guarantee money. It helped the team that particular year but they didn't get less money.

Ozzy rules!!

as far as sean smith and hartline.... this could be their one chance to make some serious dough in their career. that's how they and their agents view it. these two both have never really been paid by this organization. you're talking about a late 2nd and a 4th round pick. I don't blame them they've both started for a while, and this year they absolutely were our #1 corner and receiver. but the problem is those 2 areas sucked on our team.... catch 22 really. not good enough to be our starters but were, and now wanted be paid like they are. Now is probably the time to replace them. As much as I want to see Starks, Hartline, Bush, Smith, Long back... This draft and free agency have wideouts, corners, and offensive line, and runningbacks too. We also have young guys behind some of them chomping at the bits (Odrick for Starks) (miller/Thomas for bush) (maybe martin for long)

Im not so sure letting them test the market is so bad. If someone pays them a fortune, so be it. They arent worth that much. But most likely seeing their market value will be a huge reality check and they may come crawling back to Miami.

Back
Top Bottom