Our kicker gets paid more than our star tight end | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Our kicker gets paid more than our star tight end

maddendude said:
O boy I hope he stays next year
I still think that Mare is clutch... the good news is that we have alot of cap room to work with for next year so I hope saban makes a good impression on McMike

That is because "our kicker" has long been eligible for unrestricted free agency and "our star tight end" is in the last year of his rookie contract. When McMike becomes an unrestricted free agent at the end of the year, he should be in for an exponential pay raise.

See thread in the main forum... McMike just was extended!

Phinsfan1980 said:
I still think that Mare is clutch... the good news is that we have alot of cap room to work with for next year so I hope saban makes a good impression on McMike
:eek: I don't mean to toot my own horn but I called it yesterday!

If you want to go there, he also makes more than the following:
All D-line except JT
All O-line except McDougle & St. Clair
All WR but Chambers and Booker
All RB & FB's
All QB's
All LB's except Zack & Junior
All DB's except Madison

Mare is a keeper, he's got plenty of years left in him.

Finding a reliable NFL kicker isn't an easy thing to do (ask the Dallas Cowboys :() and that's exactly what Olindo Mare is.

I'd atleast try to get him to take a cut but I'm all for keeping him.

I think we should stick with Olindo Mare for one more year and then try to draft the guy who I think is the best kicker in college: Mason Crosby of Colorado. Crosby can boom them from 60+ yards out, and not just at high altitude. He may have the strongest kicking leg around, including guys from the NFL. I think he could even be taken in the 1st riound in 2007. I would use a 2nd round pick on him if I was picking.

Back
Top Bottom