Our OL will be pretty good this year IMO | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Our OL will be pretty good this year IMO

phinfan2003

Perennial All-Pro
Reaction score
I believe our OL will be as good as the OL from 2002 when you know who ran for over 1800. If you remember, everybody talked about how crappy the line was and how they couldn't stay healthy, etc and they played great! IMO, this year's line has the same potential if not greater. DMAC will be above average at LT now that he's healthy and will develop the quemistry with the others I feel. IMO, we dominating play out of our C and RG and we'll be pretty good.

Great? Man watch some game film. Only an handfull of Rb's in the league would gave been able to get yardage on that line, and Ricky only did by carrying the ball as much as he did.

That year, I remember when we played, and beat, San Diego. I remember a story from after the game. When San Diego's D-Line was getting up off Ricky, one of them made a comment. He said "Where did you get these guys? They are awful." The rest agreed and told Ricky "You need some help!". This coming from one of the worst teams in the league.

Don't even want to mention that the odds of an injury to whomever is getting tackled that much is so at risk to Injury. Is that the Line that you want us to project into next year? I sure hope we improve it a great deal more then that.

phinfan2003 said:
I believe our OL will be as good as the OL from 2002 when you know who ran for over 1800. If you remember, everybody talked about how crappy the line was and how they couldn't stay healthy, etc and they played great! IMO, this year's line has the same potential if not greater. DMAC will be above average at LT now that he's healthy and will develop the quemistry with the others I feel. IMO, we dominating play out of our C and RG and we'll be pretty good.

The OL certainly won't be as bad as the '04 season started out. Last year, the combination of gutting the OL and an inferior OL coaching staff, really took its toll. I have to admit that Wise's line showed some improvement in the last few games and it showed how important teamwork is on the line. It wasn't until the last few games that we got any reasonable amount of offensive production.

I'm excited about the possibilities for a much-improved line under Houck and Davis.

Well stastically the odds are in favor of a big improvement on O-line when you have Hudson pulling the string. He worked wonders with the SD O-line and I strongly believe he will do the same with ours.

Mitchy71 said:
Great? Man watch some game film. Only an handfull of Rb's in the league would gave been able to get yardage on that line, and Ricky only did by carrying the ball as much as he did.

That year, I remember when we played, and beat, San Diego. I remember a story from after the game. When San Diego's D-Line was getting up off Ricky, one of them made a comment. He said "Where did you get these guys? They are awful." The rest agreed and told Ricky "You need some help!". This coming from one of the worst teams in the league.

Don't even want to mention that the odds of an injury to whomever is getting tackled that much is so at risk to Injury. Is that the Line that you want us to project into next year? I sure hope we improve it a great deal more then that.

FYI, I watched every game for the past 9 years. I didn't say they were perfect. Also, if Rickey was the sole reason we did so good, why didn't he do good the next year? Rickey had a lot to do with it but if you're going to sit here and tell me the OL didn't do a good job, you're not watching my dolphins.

you certainly gotta believe Houck can help our OL big weakness and AJ biggest nightmare: that we c/not pick up the blitz. If we have issues with blitz pick up this year again, you we are in trouble

phinfan2003 said:
FYI, I watched every game for the past 9 years. I didn't say they were perfect. Also, if Rickey was the sole reason we did so good, why didn't he do good the next year? Rickey had a lot to do with it but if you're going to sit here and tell me the OL didn't do a good job, you're not watching my dolphins.

I would call them average that year to below average. I would call 2003 worse and last year absolute Garbage. In that scale, I think without some FA help, we should be back up to our 2003 grade.

Barry Sanders didn't always have the best O-line either. But he had some of the best numbers ever. I am not calling Ricky Barry, but neither am I calling him Dayne. I think Ricky put up those numbers in spite of our O-line, through sheer talent. I just wonder what numbers he would have put up had we a line comparable to KC or Baltimore. With those carries, It would have been through the roof.

Ricky and Barry's #s are irrelevant since both did not make the playoffs nearly enuf w/huge stats. We need an OL that can exceute the O; and that will be mostly passing in 2005. Passing blocking is key for us to succeed. Our run blocking will be adequate if we can just keep AJ from getting the crap knocked out of him so that he can find CC and McM down the field

:yeahthat: ..and hopefully by AJ enough time to make a descision. That does not involve throwing a pick. His whole problem last year was having 2 seconds to make something happen. And throwing to the wrong suits.

Our biggest weakness is at C! If Houck can turn McKinney into a decent signal caller our OL should be much improved!

The OL was a makeshift combobulation, that wont happen this year. We already have youth and now the coach. We are going to find out early who will be where and who will get cut. We should get another Center IMO. Ben Wilkerson in the late rounds. :D

NO - I don't believe we'll have a good offensive line. We are keeping McIntosh as Left Tackle - I can't believe we negotiated his contract with a promise in writing not to pursue a LT in the draft or free agency.

Wade Smith, McIntosh, and now they want to put Vernon Carey over there.

Smith & McIntosh wiffed more than they blocked. Some things are scheme generated, but a LT has to have the footwork to be able to get their hands on the DE's.

Without a LT and without us pursuing a better center - I cannot believe we'll have a good offensive line.

Im not too confident in our O-line either. I watched many Dolphin games last year and Sammy Morris couldnt even get 2-3 yards per carry...sure sometimes he made a good run, one time he got a 34 yard touchdown run...also AJ Feeley had no time to pass...if we bring in Gus Frerrote, AJ is gonna have a hard time taking the starting job...Saban already said AJ will be our starter, but its too early to tell. But back to offensive line, i think we need 2 big veterans who can encourage/motivate our young guys...Vernon and Rex are young, so they may be good down the road...bring in 2 big veterans and they will be motivated more. I know if i was playing beside Orlando Pace, id be motivated to do just as good as him:)

Nails was dominating in some of the games he played where Ricky ran so well. Nails would knock 3 guys down on one play. I did not see our line knock anyone back (certainly not down) last year.

Back
Top Bottom