Our schedule really works against us this year. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Our schedule really works against us this year.

phintim

Seasoned Veteran
Club Member
Reaction score
Reviewing our schedule this year and after the Buffallo game it is really stacked even much more so than the rest of the AFC east. We play the NFC and AFC North this year and their best teams are all stacked at the top half of our schedule. If our schedule was in reversed it would be much more to our advantage. Even with the Jets and Pats were on the road early it would give us a much better advantage later in the season. With such a
young defense at the OLB, FS and NT positions along with a new defensive coordinator it should take some time to gell and this schedule throw us right into the fire. Much more so than the Jets and Pats who do play the same teams but have a better mix of easy hard games mixed in. Our easiest games all start happening in a row after the half way point. Look at the schedules between us the Jet and Pats and they have an advantage.

Yea but you could also say that we have a great chance to finish strong being that our final games will be against worse teams..

Every game is going to be tough next year tho..unless were alot better than most of us think..and we stay healthy..

Lets try not to start off 0-3 AGAIN this year and I feel things will work out.

I dunno. Maybe.

But look at last year's schedule. With just a little more talent on the roster, we would have beaten the two "unstoppable" teams that ended up in the Super Bowl in Weeks 2 and 7. We also beat in Week 5 a team that went on to the AFC Championship Game.

You gonna tell me we can't steal a couple of wins from the high end teams at the beginning of the schedules this year?

All things being equal, I'd rather have a softer second half schedule than first half schedule. Teams with momentum at the end go places in the playoffs, and at a time when everyone is hurting and injured, it's nice if you can get those victories and get into a rhythm.

yeah but that first 8 games on the sched is a whopper...i mean where's the cupcake...buffalo on the road in week 1 maybe...

at green bay
at minnesota
at baltimore

holy cow

this season could go horribly wrong in a hurry...it really could...better win at home cause the road is no joke...gonna have to steal a few

It depends on the way you look at it. If you play at the beginning, you're more likely to have a full team, and in the Fins case, that helps us.
You also want to play the tough teams when they havent gelled yet, as they're much tougher later when getting ready for the playoffs.
You also want to play the easy teams in the last couple of weeks as they might throw off the towel

Its a matter of perspective and people become conspiracy theorists over this

It's a great test for the Dolphins. If they do well, it means they are a top team in the NFL coming a long way from 2007. I'm looking forward to it.

can we for once not worry about the schedule? its up to our coaches to prepare the players, and the players to perform every week. winners win and losers cry about not winning.

If we were a veteran team or a surprise team like in 08 then then I would say OK but we are niether. What I do feel we have working for us is Tony Sporano who for the most part has us prepared much better than most coaches. Still take the Atlanta game last year one IMO we had a decent chance to win but we Tony at that point just had no idea how big the holes were we needed to fix. You could see him make the changes each game still when they are lined up like this year it is going to be very tough. The Jets and Pats are must wins and playing them both back to back early in the year down here when they are more used to heat and later in the season in the cold up there when it is cold clearly favors them. Then to get to play them right after the Minn road game up there is just yuky. The good thing is we have the bye right after that but we could easily be 1-3. Hopefully not. Green Bay and Cinci would be much more winnable at home. I guess you can say we get a break maybe with Pitt at home with their QB situation. Really starting with Tenn is when we are going to have to win out IMO for a playoff spot with the Pats and Jets standing in the way at home. Like I said earlier our defense has those 3 question marks and it is going to be very difficult to get them all answered right off the gun. Pre season will tell us a lot. Its the percieved compostion of our team plus the schedule that has me thinking it is going to be double tough. Here is to a few steals and winning against every opponent we should beat!

This is a talented team. I expect us to compete with any team and have a strong chance of beating any team we play next season. The schedule scares me, but it also excites me. We'll know where we stand at the halfway point.

I dunno. Maybe.

But look at last year's schedule. With just a little more talent on the roster, we would have beaten the two "unstoppable" teams that ended up in the Super Bowl in Weeks 2 and 7. We also beat in Week 5 a team that went on to the AFC Championship Game.

You gonna tell me we can't steal a couple of wins from the high end teams at the beginning of the schedules this year?

All things being equal, I'd rather have a softer second half schedule than first half schedule. Teams with momentum at the end go places in the playoffs, and at a time when everyone is hurting and injured, it's nice if you can get those victories and get into a rhythm.

Our team may be more talented this year but at the same time in those types of games it usually works against you to have so much young inexperienced talent in those types of situations. Last year lets face it our offence played their heart out with a solid game plan, plus we had Ferg to stop the run and Taylor and Porter for all their age and faults brought something to the table which helped. The secondary should be improved with just experience but that could be a draw as we had WIll Allen early and no telling how his knee recovery is coming. FS is a toss up. I will go on to say that those 2 games against Indy and NO at home IMO caused some of the injuries that we saw later along the offensive side of the ball. Of course in reality we did win the the NO game that the refs made the bad call on.

Yea, this is the most brutal schedule I have seen, seems even harder than last year. This is why we need to make a statement against Buffalo... our next 7 games are against legitimate playoff contenders, with potentially 5 Super Bowl Contenders in there (NE, NYJ, MIN, GB, and BAL). Wouldn't surprise me to start 2-6 or 3-5 :(

We need to beat the Bills. No matter what. And then from then Minn on the road, Jets at home, and Patriots at home. We can win at least 1 if not 2 or all 3 of those to be at 2-2 or 3-1 after a tough stretch, right?

Back
Top Bottom