Our schedule really works against us this year. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Our schedule really works against us this year.

We have the chance to finish strong. We have to maintain a good record in the first half. With this schedule we have a brutal start, but an easier finish that we need to capitalize on.

Last year it was supposed to be the toughest schedule ever, and we could have won 10+ games. Those things we needed last year are in place today... So let the party begin!!!

To be the best, you need to beat the best. This schedule is awesome. I'd rather play all good teams than bad one's.

This is a talented team. I expect us to compete with any team and have a strong chance of beating any team we play next season. The schedule scares me, but it also excites me. We'll know where we stand at the halfway point.

it better be at least .500 cause i'd say to have a realistic shot at the playoffs we'd have to finish no worse than 6-2 if that's how we start...

We need to beat the Bills. No matter what. And then from then Minn on the road, Jets at home, and Patriots at home. We can win at least 1 if not 2 or all 3 of those to be at 2-2 or 3-1 after a tough stretch, right?

i'll take 2-2 after the first 4 games going into the bye and 4-4 after the first 8 games...anything less and i think our playoff shots are very slim

and if we did lose week 1 in buffalo some how some way the roof may come off of this joint...

i'll take 2-2 after the first 4 games going into the bye and 4-4 after the first 8 games...anything less and i think our playoff shots are very slim

and if we did lose week 1 in buffalo some how some way the roof may come off of this joint...

If we lose to Buffalo at home, yeah there is a problem. We won't lose though. Not only are we a better team, but being as it's the first game, game-planning can start a few weeks before and we should be uber ready to put a smack down on the Jills.

Yeah lets play all of our games in sunny 80 degree weather against the 16 worst teams in the league. Sorry, it doesn't work that way. We have to play on the road against good teams and that's the way it must be if you want our Dolphins to be the best

Why people feel the need to ***** and moan about schedules is beyond me.

Hell, with injuries, we don't even know who's going to be good by the week we play them anyway.

i see 9-7. i still think this team lacks another playmaker at wideout. for this franchise to have legit chances year in and out to win 10 games they need another wr to complement Marshall. too many questions at OLB at this point as well imo. i think the Phins are another draft and FA period to really having a team that can go 10-6 or better consistently. and at some point this regime has to get an athletic, mis-match at TE. have to.

Why people feel the need to ***** and moan about schedules is beyond me.

Hell, with injuries, we don't even know who's going to be good by the week we play them anyway.

Sure you can say that and you can say the same thing if key members of your teams get injured. But it is still a fact. Who , when and where we play does make a difference especially in a tight conference like ours. Here are 4 key teams out side our conference that the Jets, Pats and Phins all play. Baltimore, Minnesota, Pittsburgh and Greenbay. All 4 teams have a very big home field advantage. We play Pittsburg at home the rest on the road. The Jets and Pats play Pittsburgh on the road and the rest of teams at home. Advantage Jets and Pats to Phins 3-1. Take into consideration that we are playing most of these teams back to back on our schedule where the Pats and Jets have a Buffalo type games between playing those teams to prepare and rest up and that is even more to their advantage. Pats do have Indy and San Diego which gives an advantage to the Jets and to us for that consideration. Still though going back to our conference it is to our advantage to play the Pats and Jets down here in the winter but the schedule is just the opposite and we play those 2 teams early back to back down here early. Advantage Jets and Pats. Tony will have to be at the very top of his game at the start of the season!!

nowhere did i ***** and moan about the schedule...i just said the first 8 weeks it was really tough...and it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that there's 5 legitimate super bowl contenders in those first 8 games...

but it does take someone with some appreciation for the talent in the league outside of south florida...

Anything can happen. Didn't we all think the Panthers were going to beat us in Carolina, and didn't we think the Bucs were going to be tough last year. We also thought NO wouldn't be that great. Nobody knows what's going to happen.

you may have thought the bucs were gonna be tough last year...although i have no idea why

look how easy sandiego's schedule is! we do have a very tough schedule

Last edited by a moderator:
you may have thought the bucs were gonna be tough last year...although i have no idea why

I was just coming up with examples. They always play us tough. You get the point.

---------- Post added at 09:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:26 PM ----------

look how easy sandiego's schedule is! we do have a very tough schedule

And that's why they will go 13-3 and lose in the playoffs because they weren't tested. Rivers has yet to sniff the SB.

Back
Top Bottom