Our Secondary, Believe It Or Not! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Our Secondary, Believe It Or Not!

CRAZYDOLFAN305

We Are Still Going To The SB
Reaction score
Normally in a new defense, the secondary takes the longest to adjust, because of the importance of communication. They will get better and they are rated in the top 5, in a few categories.

#15 In Passing TD's Allowed.
#9 In QB Passer Rating.
#7 In PD's
#5 Ints.
#4 Completion Percentage.
#3 In 3rd Down Completion Percentage 26%.

In this is with the Dolphins being #1 in passes attempted against at 215 passes attempted against our secondary.

Nollan Carrol, Jimmy Wilson, Reshad Jones, Sean Smith, Chris Clemons and when RJ Stanford when he was called upon, all played well this past Sunday. And they did this against what was the 4th Rated Passer in the AFC, and the 7th Ranked Passing attack in the league.

Kudo's to those young studs. They will only get better. The Entire Secondary Has Speed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Coyle is working some secondary magic, that's for sure.

I am still pleasantly surprised with Sean Smith and how we didn't need Vontae Davis. I would be more comfortable if we had more depth at that possition. But it seems like the coaching staff has these players playing up to their potentials.

I've always wonderred...what exactly are "props"? Propellers?

Good post and awesome job by our secondary and Kevin Coyle!

During the game in the main thread, I wanted to post about how awesome it was that we had not allowed any big passes all game BUT......

I kept quiet because I did not want to jinx us..

I've always wonderred...what exactly are "props"? Propellers?
Ive always thought "Giving Props" was like giving someone a complement to "prop them up" , or make them feel better.

---------- Post added at 01:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:27 AM ----------

A slang term meaning to proper respect, congratulations and just dues for a job well done.

ahh,, makes sense!

Ive always thought "Giving Props" was like giving someone a complement to "prop them up" , or make them feel better.

[video=youtube;HV_9DUdUc-E]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HV_9DUdUc-E[/video]

NOTE: May not really apply. I was really kind of looking for an excuse to post that.

Normally in a new defense, the secondary takes the longest to adjust, because of the importance of communication. They will get better and they are rated in the top 5, in a few categories.

#15 In Passing TD's Allowed.
#9 In QB Passer Rating.
#7 In PD's
#5 Ints.
#4 Completion Percentage.
#3 In 3rd Down Completion Percentage 26%.

In this is with the Dolphins being #1 in passes attempted against at 215 passes attempted against our secondary.

Nollan Carrol, Jimmy Wilson, Reshad Jones, Sean Smith, and when RJ Stanford when he was called upon, all played well this past Sunday. And they did this against what was the 4th Rated Passer in the AFC, and the 7th Ranked Passing attack in the league.

Kudo's to those young studs. They will only get better. The Entire Secondary Has Speed.
Wow, I had no idea. I am always concerned when I see the opposing QB drop back, especially when he has a lot of time. This is great to hear.

Coyle indeed deserves credit. I have my eyes on Stanford though. I looked at tapes of him in the preseason after the Dolphins signed him and I think thes guy has starter potential. I actually like his upside more than I do Carroll or Wilson. He looks like a young Will Allen.

Just an FYI, becuase I find this interesting. Here are the season totals for interceptions by our corners and safties since 2008 (notice it decreased every year of the past regime):

2008: 14
2009: 12
2010: 11
2011: 10
2012: 6 (so far)

I will give props to Jones! What a turn around this kid has had! Besides Tannehill he is the single biggest surprise of the year to me! I was worried when the team cut Bell that there were two unproven safeties that need major improvements. Now we only have one in Clemons. Clemons needs to go, period.

I would not be surprised if Miami goes FS in the 1st round.

Back
Top Bottom