OV worst contract in NFL history???? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

OV worst contract in NFL history????

ButchFragrance

Active Roster
Reaction score
I don't want this to sound like sour grapes, and I am really happy for OV, it's great for he and his family..... But I honestly was upset when we tagged him for the 12 and change. I really thought he was 8 mil per max in my mind. Could you imagine what BSPN would have said if we signed a mediocre player to that contract? My question is, am I the only one who thinks that contract has the potential to go down as one of the worst in NFL history?

Pretty sure there are some recent QB contracts and some pre rookie salary cap contracts that trump this.

OV is a really good player . . . Its much more than i wanted to spend but his play will ultimately determine this contract.

It certainly qualifies as one if he completely disappears to never be heard from again.

Nah, Albert Haynes worth wins that title. This will be a gross contract for them but he will do well.

Not the worst in history, but it's pretty bad. But the Giants still got a good young player regardless. Just not a great one.

Not the worst but it's damn bad

17 million a year? Get out of here

I honestly think OV was only able to produce because offenses had to protect against Wake. And Wake usually still got there first, with OV doing clean-up. Can't wait for NY sports radio to blast him when he costs the G-men games like he cost us.

Back
Top Bottom