Over-analyze this: Jimbo Fisher gives Miami Hurricanes well-wishes | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Over-analyze this: Jimbo Fisher gives Miami Hurricanes well-wishes

Adam First

Excellence in Mediocrity
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
CORAL GABLES, Fla. -- Miami is getting some support from a most unlikely source: Florida State, the school's archrival.

Seminoles coach Jimbo Fisher said Wednesday that he wishes Miami's Al Golden "nothing but the best" as the Hurricanes continue dealing with the initial wave of fallout from a scandal surrounding extra benefits provided by a former booster. The NCAA said Tuesday that 12 Miami players must pay restitution, and eight need to sit out at least one game before they can return to the field.

"You don't want that to happen to anybody," Fisher said on the Atlantic Coast Conference weekly coaches' call.

http://espn.go.com/college-football...les-jimbo-fisher-wishes-miami-hurricanes-best

Classy move by Fisher, or a taunt to the faces of Canes fans? YOU DECIDE! :ponder:

i would think that most coaches arent in the business of taunting other teams/coaches/fans.....just my take

everyone is wishing them the best. this isn't just bad for UM - but to everyone who loves what college football represents. this is bad for the entire culture of college football. i'm no cane fan - but i hope they somehow survive this holocaust. not holding my breath though ...

Class act by Fisher. A shame all fans, especially FSU fans, don't act the same. Not cool to kick a rival when their down. As much as I hate Ohio State I don't want to see that program get hit hard. I want them at their best when we whip that azz in November.

It's not good for anybody when a top tier team takes a hit like this. It affects everybody. If the worse case scenario comes true and they get the death penalty, that sucks for every team in that conference especially.

It's not a taunt in any sense. If anything, this is a wake up call for Jimbo. Jimbo understand the cut-throat world of college football and he understands that this stuff goes on all over the country. Anytime you see this kind of stuff going on at other programs, especially one so close to your own, it's definitely in the back of his head that this could be going on behind his back as well.

It's not good for anybody when a top tier team takes a hit like this. It affects everybody. If the worse case scenario comes true and they get the death penalty, that sucks for every team in that conference especially.

Sorry bro but Miami is no longer a top tier program.

Sorry bro but Miami is no longer a top tier program.

There still a big name in college football . . . they haven't won big games in the last 5 or 6 years . . . but they haven't fallen face flat on the ground yet. Even Notre Dame was a top tier program when they fell down to like 3 wins. Big teams have low points and then they rise back up . . . those low points don't mean they aren't still top programs.

There still a big name in college football . . . they haven't won big games in the last 5 or 6 years . . . but they haven't fallen face flat on the ground yet. Even Notre Dame was a top tier program when they fell down to like 3 wins. Big teams have low points and then they rise back up . . . those low points don't mean they aren't still top programs.

Pretty much. Is Michigan not a top tier program because they've lost 5 of their last 6 bowl games, haven't been very good, and have been OSU's ***** for years? No. Is USC going to stop being a top tier program with the ****ty years they have ahead of them with Kiffin, and the even ****tier years after Kiffin gets caught cheating? No. Will OSU stop being a top tier program if they can't replace Tressell with a good coach? No. Is FSU not a top tier program because they've been irrelevant since 2000? No. Will Florida stop being considered a top tier program with Tebow/Meyer gone and Muschamp taking that team to the dumps? No.

Back
Top Bottom