Over Last 4 Games Pats Average 47.5 Per Game | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Over Last 4 Games Pats Average 47.5 Per Game

KTOWNFINFAN

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
With the extra time to prepare for us, since they played on Thursday, can we hold em under that average?? I say no, but that is just my opinion. If we win this one we will have to put up 50+. Our defense is not yet made to handle spread attacks and good QBs. I say they have 35 at half.

As one Dolphins player put it today, a monster is coming to Miami next week. This will be by far our toughest game, but I highly doubt the Patriots put up 47 or more points next week. I know what they have down in past weeks, but I don't see it happening.

We control the clock with the ground game and win 27-24.

Ugh sadly I agree that this is game is going to be pretty hard to win. The Patriots are probably among the most opportune teams in the NFL during this stretch of the season. They take advantage of every mistake a team makes and they capitalize on every momentum swing they get.

The same strategy for Brady still holds true, keep him uncomfortable in the pocket and keep him out of a rhythm. With the Gronk out this game it makes it slightly easier to fair against them. Emphasis on the "slightly" considering they disemboweled the Jets without the Gronk. We absolutely cannot give up a special teams TD or a Defensive TD. On that same note, we have to find a way to get a ****ing turnover on Defense. Good god 4 straight games with no turnovers is a joke.

As one Dolphins player put it today, a monster is coming to Miami next week. This will be by far our toughest game, but I highly doubt the Patriots put up 47 or more points next week. I know what they have down in past weeks, but I don't see it happening.

What about our secondary and lack of consistent pass rush makes you think that? They may have 40 points by the half.

Brady, Gronkowski, Hernandez and our secondary

No good can come from that

It's no secret we can't handle the Pats at their best, and frankly we need help even when they're at their worst. We have had his # in the past and hopefully it's one of those games where we click defensively and sneak by with just enough offense. I mean hey the Seahawks beat them , why not us?

With the extra time to prepare for us, since they played on Thursday, can we hold em under that average?? I say no, but that is just my opinion. If we win this one we will have to put up 50+. Our defense is not yet made to handle spread attacks and good QBs. I say they have 35 at half.

Yes BUT,,,,they played the Bills, Colts, Jets and Rams in those four games....none of them have good defenses,,,,in fact their D's are horrible.

Pressure...pressure and more heat. Then you have a chance. No heat and you will get slaughtered

It's going to fall on the secondary. Smith and Carroll need to prevent as many plays by Brady as possible. Dansby, Burnett, and the LB's need to cover the middle and slot well and make their tackles. I predict Welker is going to have a career game if they dont.

Wake and the line need to have that pressure big time.

I think we can shut down the run, but i can already see the Pats doing crafty plays like screen's / dump-offs to Woodhead that will ensure 1st downs for them.

Patriot's D doesnt scare me, as long as we dont force plays. They feed off opportunity for turnovers.

Back
Top Bottom