Over the last 5 years, Dolphins ranked number 2 in drafting. | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Over the last 5 years, Dolphins ranked number 2 in drafting.

I don't need statistics and jargon to show me we are void of talent on this team, and a big chunk of the better talent on this team has been allowed to all come together at once in free agency.

When the 49's went 6-10 two years ago, were they void of talent then? or were they void of coaching? They went 13-3 the following year, and play in the Super Bowl in 4 days.

And the free agency thing, well thats a good thing imo.

When the 49's went 6-10 two years ago, were they void of talent then? or were they void of coaching? They went 13-3 the following year, and play in the Super Bowl in 4 days.

And the free agency thing, well thats a good thing imo.
Please do not try to compare the talent level on the 49ers with ours.....Please don't!

Coaching will always be important in the NFL.
Absolutely....I think our talent level actually got worse in 2012 than it was in 2011....but the coaching got better. Once again, Ireland to this point has sucked. If he is our GM, I support him and hope he gets better for our sake!

Being #2 in drafting the last 5 years
How many of those draft picks made the pro bowl?

How about 1 player out of 41 players...NOW THAT'S SOME GREAT DRAFTING

To me, it isn't only the drafts....it is the fiascos he has been a part of like when we went after Harbaugh, the Peyton Manning meeting, the multiple players stating that he isn't trustworthy. I think his drafting has been below average and his reputation has kept players away.

Being #2 in drafting the last 5 years
How many of those draft picks made the pro bowl?

How about 1 player out of 41 players...NOW THAT'S SOME GREAT DRAFTING
And that took the overall #1 pick to get that one.

Absolutely....I think our talent level actually got worse in 2012 than it was in 2011....but the coaching got better. Once again, Ireland to this point has sucked. If he is our GM, I support him and hope he gets better for our sake!
Well less Marshall and VD that was correct and was design for some reason but if we got then QB and Coach thing right then we upgraded big time over the talent on the team and yes I do include the coach. Actually by the end of 2012 we were much improved from the beginning. We will see the real Philbin and his team this year. Ireland is much better than what we have had as a GM in a very long time but that does not mean we cannot do better and if we get the chance we should. Ireland is no different position as any player on our team that you upgrade any position if you get the chance and that includes the GM position too.

Well less Marshall and VD that was correct and was design for some reason but if we got then QB and Coach thing right then we upgraded big time over the talent on the team and yes I do include the coach. Actually by the end of 2012 we were much improved from the beginning. We will see the real Philbin and his team this year. Ireland is much better than what we have had as a GM in a very long time but that does not mean we cannot do better and if we get the chance we should. Ireland is no different position as any player on our team that you upgrade any position if you get the chance and that includes the GM position too.
I don't know....we got 4 of our 7 wins in the first 8 weeks and only 3 the last half of the season. We got blanked 28-0 in the last game.

I don't know....we got 4 of our 7 wins in the first 8 weeks and only 3 the last half of the season. We got blanked 28-0 in the last game.
As this team gets younger the vets are going to need to keep the new draft picks focused and staying up as they will be adjusting to the long NFL season.

No one brings it up but no one Jeff Ireland has drafted has been resigned by the team, which means newer rookies are regularly getting shots to play.

This is a true statement, but I think it should also be pointed out that as of right now only 9 of the 41 picks since 2008 have had their rookie contracts expire. I am not including Smith, Long, Hartline and Clemons because as of right now they still belong to the Dolphins and there is time for them to be re-signed. So yes, "no one" Ireland has drafted has been re-signed to a new contract but that has a lot to do with the fact that 78% of the draft picks are still on their rookie contracts.

I think it is also important to point out that Ross and the Dolphins are operating as Ireland only being in total control since the 2011 draft. So that would mean that Ireland's "picks" still have at least two years remaining on their deals.

2nd in drafting what? Chicken***.

Who's still on the team from the 2007 draft?

Back
Top Bottom