Overrated & Underrated Dolphins? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Overrated & Underrated Dolphins?

Honestly I'm confused. Who underrates Wake? Devlin is 100% assumption, has he even played a real game snap? As for overrated calling Long top five then putting him in the overrated group, not to mention wasn't he just rated as the what...40th something rated offensive lineman somewhere (sorry I just recall a link here). Moore is a backup and always has been, where does overrating come into play there. Who rates Miller as more than maybe a second stringer. Perhaps I'm off but don't the vast majority of people thing Incognito isn't all that good?

I believe that Wake has been underrated by the national media and fans, as well as some locally, who only are looking at sacks. I think the poster was referring to Long having been top 5 rated, and he did mention him being average so far this year. Cog is good but, not in Philbin's system.

Devlin is assumption but, Philbin really likes him, and has said so. Many called Moore a VG QB after last year but, he really wasn't. JMO

Anyone who thinks Tannehill is overrated simply either hasn't been closely watching, or doesn't understand what they are looking at....period!

Despite a limited number of starts in college, this kid gets better and better every week, showing a poise and a command of the game you rarely see this early in a rookie QB.

He hasn't thrown an interception in the last two games and his QB rating in those games is over a 100 combined.

In fact, if you take away his first game where we had 7 minutes of JJ Watt madness, he has a positive touchdown to interception ratio, not to mention some dropped touchdown passes.

Just out of curiosity who are your top 10 LTs? I agree that I don't think Long is top 5 but I'm not sure how he isn't top 10.

I'm not sure but even top ten LT's dont have multiple holding calls and give up more than 1 sack per game. Last game Jake gave up 2 sacks and had 2 holding calls. It seems every game Jake gets penalized 2 or 3 times and gives up a sack.

Just out of curiosity who are your top 10 LTs? I agree that I don't think Long is top 5 but I'm not sure how he isn't top 10.

Here's a list of 10 LT's playing better than Long, in no particular order. Clady from Denver, Brown from Houston, Staley from SF, Solder from NE, Thomas from Cleve, Ferguson from the Jets, Whitworth from Cinci, Kalil from Minny, Roos from Tenn, And Williams from Wash.

I'm not sure but even top ten LT's dont have multiple holding calls and give up more than 1 sack per game. Last game Jake gave up 2 sacks and had 2 holding calls. It seems every game Jake gets penalized 2 or 3 times and gives up a sack.
Hold on though, if you're going to say he's not top 10 you got to name names. Who at LT is better than Jake Long?

I can say Joe Thomas, Ryan Clady, Duane Brown and Joe Staley but after that it gets a little iffy so if you have 10 guys in front of Jake Long I'd like to hear it.

Here's a list of 10 LT's playing better than Long, in no particular order. Clady from Denver, Brown from Houston, Staley from SF, Solder from NE, Thomas from Cleve, Ferguson from the Jets, Whitworth from Cinci, Kalil from Minny, Roos from Tenn, And Williams from Wash.
Don't think Kalil should be on that list. He got his lunch money taken yesterday against the Bucs. Haven't watched Tennessee or Washington play this year. Didn't Whitworth give up 1.5 sacks to Misi when we played them?

Anyone who thinks Tannehill is overrated simply either hasn't been closely watching, or doesn't understand what they are looking at....period!

Despite a limited number of starts in college, this kid gets better and better every week, showing a poise and a command of the game you rarely see this early in a rookie QB.

He hasn't thrown an interception in the last two games and his QB rating in those games is over a 100 combined.

In fact, if you take away his first game where we had 7 minutes of JJ Watt madness, he has a positive touchdown to interception ratio, not to mention some dropped touchdown passes.

Hard to believe anyone has seen Tannehill as anything less than very impressive so far this year. He has had to deal with 18 drops, which is a lot. I have to think some of that is getting in sync with his WR's, and them adjusting to how quickly the ball gets to them.

I have the Seattle and SF games circled to watch how he does vs VG D's. I also look forward to seeing how well he does this Sunday. He was bad vs the Jets in the first game.

Don't think Kalil should be on that list. He got his lunch money taken yesterday against the Bucs. Haven't watched Tennessee or Washington play this year. Didn't Whitworth give up 1.5 sacks to Misi when we played them?

I did not watch last night's game, and he is a rookie who should be a little inconsistent. I watched Whitworth, when we played, and was VERY impressed. I don't believe he gave up any pressure, let alone a sack.

I agree with most of southsides list, although I wouldnt put Ferguson on it. I would say this year include Russel Okung and Jordan Gross.
Hold on though, if you're going to say he's not top 10 you got to name names. Who at LT is better than Jake Long?

I can say Joe Thomas, Ryan Clady, Duane Brown and Joe Staley but after that it gets a little iffy so if you have 10 guys in front of Jake Long I'd like to hear it.

---------- Post added at 11:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:53 AM ----------

Penn could be on the list though

Tannehill = Overated

There are times when fans on this board may overrate him, only because they are excited at finally having a QB that looks to be the answer. Those that do overrate him in the long run could be exactly on the money.

Outside of this board, he's still very much underrated and in the shadow of Luck, RGIII and Russell Wilson despite all 3 of those QB's having better options at the skill positions.

I didn't really pay attention to sacks and penalties against the Rams, well except that one BS holding call that Steratore and that bummy ref crew called on Jake. I thought Jake was brilliant against the Rams, especially as the game moved on. The Rams clearly didn't fear the Fins passing game, stopped the running game and were barreling down on the OLine and Tannehill and Jake was winning all of his battles and several times when the DE would make a move, Jake would counter to ensure Tannehill didn't get touched. I put a focus on him during the game and I liked what I saw. I'm expecting him to have a great 2nd half of the season.

i thought misi got his 1.5 sacks against the god awful cardinals o line , but imo long is better than any of washington and titans tackles

Underrated: Bess, Fasano, and dare I say... Ireland?

I agree with most of southsides list, although I wouldnt put Ferguson on it. I would say this year include Russel Okung and Jordan Gross.

---------- Post added at 11:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:53 AM ----------

Penn could be on the list though

I think we can debate who is on my list, and I have not seen enough of any of their play to dispute adding or subtracting a few. However, the bottom line is that Big Jake is not there, which is very disappointing. I don't think anyone would have him in the top 12 or more for his play so far this year.

I know a fan in Cleve, and we used to debate who is #1 vs #2. Now, it's tuff to put Long in the top half, based on this year's play.

OK, now I am cheating in looking this up. Last game, Long gave up 0 sacks, 0 hits, and 1 hurry. He was called for 2 penalties, with 1 accepted.

For the YEAR, he has given up 2 sack, 2 hits, and 3 hurries, and was called for 4 penalties, with 2 accepted.

Jake has not been his dominating self, so far, and has struggled in run blocking but, he deserves NOT to be ripped by fiction.

Back
Top Bottom