Overrated & Underrated Players? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Overrated & Underrated Players?

On this Board:

Overrated: Bess. Lots of catches, but also drops, fumbles, muffed punts and little YAC.

Underrated: Camarilio. Not much speed, but no drops, no fumbles, ultra reliable.

Overrated: Jared Odrick, Koa Misi, John Jerry, A.J. Edds, Nolan Carroll, Reshad Jones, Chris McCoy, Austin Spitler (ie. every rookie), Vontae Davis, Karlos Dansby, Brandon Marshall, Charlie Anderson

Underrated: Greg Camarillo, Chad Pennington, Pat Cobbs, Donald Thomas, Joe Berger, Randy Starks, Paul Soliai, Channing Crowder, Cameron Wake, Sean Smith, Yeremiah Bell, Will Allen, Tyrone Culver

here....

Underrated: Jake Grove - one little mention that his job may be in jeopardy and everyone immediately starts acting like he's a scrub. he's a pro bowl caliber center when healthy.

Honorable Mentions: Will Allen (I think most have forgotten he's on the team), Anthony Fasano (first priority is blocking, which he excels at), Greg Camarillo (treated as an after-thought)

Overrated: Brian Hartline - I hope he can develope into a good #2....but I think that people tend to overrate where he is right now.

Honorable Mentions: Tim Dobbins, Richie Incognito (people automatically think they are upgrades over the incumbants)

here....

Underrated: Jake Grove - one little mention that his job may be in jeopardy and everyone immediately starts acting like he's a scrub. he's a pro bowl caliber center when healthy.

Honorable Mentions: Will Allen (I think most have forgotten he's on the team), Anthony Fasano (first priority is blocking, which he excels at), Greg Camarillo (treated as an after-thought)

Overrated: Brian Hartline - I hope he can develope into a good #2....but I think that people tend to overrate where he is right now.

Honorable Mentions: Tim Dobbins, Richie Incognito (people automatically think they are upgrades over the incumbants)

He's never healthy. That's the problem.

Overrated: Jared Odrick, Koa Misi, John Jerry, A.J. Edds, Nolan Carroll, Reshad Jones, Chris McCoy, Austin Spitler (ie. every rookie), Vontae Davis, Karlos Dansby, Brandon Marshall, Charlie Anderson

Underrated: Greg Camarillo, Chad Pennington, Pat Cobbs, Donald Thomas, Joe Berger, Randy Starks, Paul Soliai, Channing Crowder, Cameron Wake, Sean Smith, Yeremiah Bell, Will Allen, Tyrone Culver

how is Randy Starks underrated at this point? in the thread about the best players on the team he typically finished as the 2nd, 3rd or 4th best player on the team.

On this Board:

Overrated: Bess. Lots of catches, but also drops, fumbles, muffed punts and little YAC.

Underrated: Camarilio. Not much speed, but no drops, no fumbles, ultra reliable.

Huh? Wow to some of the responses coming out of these threads.. At least we all know who are the knowledgeble finfans and who still need to learn about the players on this team...

Just a little FYI - Bess led the league last year in percentage of passes caught, with around 83%... Camarillo was 2nd or 3rd behind him with around 81%...

how is Randy Starks underrated at this point? in the thread about the best players on the team he typically finished as the 2nd, 3rd or 4th best player on the team.

There are a lot of people out there that question whether he can play the NT position very well. He's just not being discussed as the kind of player that he actually is. This is our Richard Seymour, Kevin Williams, Darnall Dockett, etc...he's that caliber a player. He's not just 2nd, 3rd or 4th best on the team. He might well be 2nd, 3rd or 4th best in the league at his position.

Huh? Wow to some of the responses coming out of these threads.. At least we all know who are the knowledgeble finfans and who still need to learn about the players on this team...

Just a little FYI - Bess led the league last year in percentage of passes caught, with around 83%... Camarillo was 2nd or 3rd behind him with around 81%...

Kind of an ironic statement considering he's actually 100 percent correct.

Davone Bess dropped 7 passes in 2009, according to PFF. There were 47 WRs that caught 50 or more passes. Among them, Bess ranked 12th for most drops-to-receptions.

Yeah, the guy had some drops, just as walt said. He went through a period in the season where he kept dropping the ball or fumbling it, it was downright weird.

Kind of an ironic statement considering he's actually 100 percent correct.

Davone Bess dropped 7 passes in 2009, according to PFF. There were 47 WRs that caught 50 or more passes. Among them, Bess ranked 12th for most drops-to-receptions.

Yeah, the guy had some drops, just as walt said. He went through a period in the season where he kept dropping the ball or fumbling it, it was downright weird.

You are correct, somewhat.. Yes, he had a portion of the season where he had the dropsies, however the post seems to illustrate that Bess has a problem with dropped passes consistently, which he does not. Those who lead the league in percentage of balls caught; we do not have to worry about them dropsies. Players like Edwards or Ginn you equate with someone who drops the ball, not a player like Bess... Ill put my money on Bess everytime

Ck im curious as to why you feel Marshall is overrated.

Back
Top Bottom