Owusu | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Owusu

claytonduper

Starter
Reaction score
Owusu may be a long shot to make the team, but I think he could seriously content for Grant's position as a punt returner. If Owusu given his size and speed can hang onto the ball, it should be a rather easy decision. Further he could be a strong end zone threat. I wanted Grant to succeed but I think his ability to hold onto the ball is a major liability.

Give Grant at least this year to prove him self.. He is to special with the ball in his hands if he can hang on to the ball.. And if you can get that speed into our offense it does wonders to open up the field for others and create big plays.. If Grant physical can hold up and hold onto the ball he is dynamic.. Thats a lot of if's but we will definitely find out.. I don't see Gase as the type to hold on to players who can't produce..

If Grant can learn how to hold onto the ball he can be an elite return man. Huge if though. Rizzi seems confident in his progress so I'll give him that.

Doesn't mean that another guy won't come in and impress as a returner, especially if he can offer more than Grant as a receiver.

I really don't want to see Landry fielding punts anymore though.

That will be an interesting battle to watch in training camp.

I still like Grant's upside. Obviously, his rookie year was uneven but sounds like he is working hard to improve. You certainly can't overlook his big-play potential, but he's got to show that side on a more consistent basis and demonstrate that he can hold onto the football.

We brought enough receivers into camp to let Grant know that he has to win his job. He (and every player, FWIW) needs the pressure of competition to either poop or get off the potty if he's going to be the best that he can be.

Owusu may be a long shot to make the team, but I think he could seriously content for Grant's position as a punt returner. If Owusu given his size and speed can hang onto the ball, it should be a rather easy decision. Further he could be a strong end zone threat. I wanted Grant to succeed but I think his ability to hold onto the ball is a major liability.

Just my opinion, but I suspect Grant is on the team during pre-season. BUT, . . . his second fumble will seal his fate. Not saying it WILL happen, but I don't see Gase risking wins to give Grant another prove it year.

There appears to finally be an influx of competition for back up roles on this team.

The depth and continuity are going to be vastly superior to anything we've seen recently, especially on offense.

Haha...thread about Owusu turns to all Grant talk. Owusu has a nice frame, didn't do much in college though. Maybe he can develop but it appears to be a long shot at this point.

Unless somebody steps up BIG TIME I don't lose Grant....you can't coach his mismatch potential of speed and size...too dangerous to let another team benefit...

People like Owusu can drive a coach nuts. Here's a guy who measured 6'3" 221 pounds, ran a 4.37 in the 40 and had a vertical jump of almost 40 inches at his pro day. Has the triangle numbers of a tremendous WR but really didn't do jack squat in college. He's a big time enigma.

Haha...thread about Owusu turns to all Grant talk. Owusu has a nice frame, didn't do much in college though. Maybe he can develop but it appears to be a long shot at this point.

Well he's pretty much the guy who has to outshine all the additions to WR.

Not even sure who this guy is tbh

The guy had eight catches his senior year. EIGHT!

I don't think he ever caught more than 15 passes in a season for Stanford. Not sure why he's even on the team right now

Not even sure who this guy is tbh
Well I don't now if it was true or not. But when the Huskies played Stanford they where hurting at WR. And he may of been the one they where talking about that was injured most of his time there.

Back
Top Bottom