Pacman Jones | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pacman Jones

uk_dolfan

Proud Tua Cultist
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/...-bengals-dallas-cowboys-miami-dolphins-030316

The Miami Dolphins recently hired Vance Joseph as their defensive coordinator after two seasons as the Bengals' defensive backs coach. Jones credits Joseph as one of the two people (former Bengals corner Terence Newman being the other) who really taught him how to study film and apply what he learns there on the field.

"I would think V.J. would be interested," Jones said. "He's taught me a lot and he knows I know everything in the system. He knows I'm a football guy. If I'm a betting man, I would think he'd try to bring me in there."

Even Jones thinks we will try sign him

Thoughts on this potential signing?

I think he is cheap and would be an upgrade over even Grimes from last year. Yes he had an issue in the playoffs last year... but he actually played well in that game

Dude is a **** head. I'd much rather have Leon Hall or Nolan Carroll.

---------- Post added at 12:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:57 PM ----------

pac.0.0.0.gif

Really torn about this one. Let's say probably wont be the first call I would make, also heard Dallas may be open to bringing him back.

Dude is a **** head. I'd much rather have Leon Hall or Nolan Carroll.

---------- Post added at 12:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:57 PM ----------

pac.0.0.0.gif

nutcase, but a good corner, cheap and proven in our exact system

Not a fan but whatever. Seriously rather just keep Grimes, draft VHIII and maybe VJ gets the best out of Taylor while developing Lip and BobMc.

I would support the signing...
* Knows the system
* Could jettison Grimes
* Played better than Grimes last season
* Has an edge to him. More edge players needed

On a 2 year cap friendly deal sure. Need one more if grimes is gone. Hope he stays though

He is an ass but this team needs a little attitude on D. Rather have him than Grimes at this point

Yes. Try and trade Grimes or cut. Sign Pacman, Carroll & Thurmond

As far as value goes in the CB market, Pacman will be second to none. SCLSU he's six times the player Carroll is. It really isn't close. I get that people hate him because of the rep he got early in his career...but he hasn't been arrested for 5 years. He's a #1 CB entering and identical system. Huge upgrade over Grimes.

Great cover corner. He's a hothead. We wanna sign the new PF King in Vernon might as well keep status quo

Everyone saying that Jones is a nutcase... is he a 100 percent certified 24/7 nutcase like Mr. Miko and his shrinking violet bride, Grime?

Cause if not, you're winning twice by hiring Jones: On the field and off.

LD

"I would think V.J. would be interested," Jones said. "He's taught me a lot and he knows I know everything in the system. He knows I'm a football guy. If I'm a betting man, I would think he'd try to bring me in there."

No, Jones, you've never been a football guy. You have always been a Pacman guy first and foremost. Your history of "me first" and the fact that you didn't care much for studying film until recently validate that.

Having said that, the dude has talent, if he doesn't let himself get in the way. I would be interested if he's the best talent available, but there would have to be some accountability in his contract and at a bargain price.

My concern, though, is that these knuckleheads that claim to clean up their act always seem to fall back to their old ways when they come here and get exposed to the S. FL lifestyle.

Is he good? Sign him. **** the distractions. I'd be fine with an albino giant that's 8 feet tall and 600 lbs playing any position on the field if it means Miami wins.

Back
Top Bottom