Paking Pass or other | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Paking Pass or other

dolphinfan227

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I am flying in from Cali for the Jets game and wanted to know if I should buy a parking pass or what is the best way to get to the stadium?

I can't help you but...

I am flying in from Cali for the Jets game and wanted to know if I should buy a parking pass or what is the best way to get to the stadium?

...if you find out the answer to the question please let me know! :-) I posted a thread a day or 2 after you (1st time Florida visit, from UK, Dec 2010, for Browns Game)..and that was one of the answers I would like to know (as well as a million others!). Please let me know what you decided to do, or indeed ended up doing. Thanks.

We will stay in a hotel somewhere in Miami prior to the game, but the next morning (Mon 6th Dec) we are on the road down to Key West. It may make sense (for us) to take the car to the game (no beer???) and then to find somewhere on the road to Key Largo on the Sunday night. My main point/question being (I suppose): How bad is it to get out of the parking lot and on the road south? I'm not in the habit of missing the end of any game (UK soccer) no matter what the score.

Please let me know what you think. Thanks very much.

Best wishes

Tom (York,UK)

You don't need a parking pass. There are plenty of lots for you to park in that are first come first serve. Lots open four hours prior to kickoff and all lots are $25. Blue lot DOES require a parking pass. I don't know what the blue lot passes run individually as my blue lot pass comes in the total for my season ticket package to the Hurricanes.

You may encounter some traffic after the game being an "out of towner" lol. I'm typically out of the stadium and back on the turnpike in 20 minutes. But I drive like your typical South Florida *******. Alcohol is allowed at the stadium for tailgating. Can't bring it inside the stadium (obviously...gonna have to fork out $7 per beer on the inside.

Do you need directions to the stadium?

Hey J! Thanks for that. Much appreciated. I reckon Dawn and I have figured out what to do post-Game. We'll be sat in the back of your vehicle waiting for you to put the hammer down. 20 minutes will do for us! :-)

That's good to know about just turning up and parking. Means we can decide what to do nearer the time. I'd kinda like to be there without a vehicle (we'll have a hire-car) so's that I can enjoy a beer or 3 (can't swallow too much at $7 a hit though!)..but also aware I'm driving down the Keys next morning (50 on Tues 7th Dec and staying at Key West). Must behave! I want to be there 4 hrs before the Game - 9am? Means I'll have to miss Mass (Irish Catholic) but you can say one for me! I really want to enjoy the pre-match atmosphere. If we eat and drink enough pre-Game that ought to get us pretty much through, right? What time will the Game finish? I've just booked seats. $130 each plus 'trimmings' ($12 extra on top for who know's what?)...seats: Section 110. Row 19. Was 'best available'. The price hurts but I didn't want to feel we were away from the action.

What's public transport like to and from the Stadium, or is that a crazy question? Otherwise can we jump a lift with someone on the morning (we'd pay of course)..and if so, where's best to start out. Sorry, J....just so many darned questions! The only thing I know is that there'll be sunshine, beer and sizzling meat. Am I right? Hope so. All the best. Tom (York, UK)...Manchester United (soccer) Season Ticket Holder.

Plenty of beer (Corona), plenty of sunshine for sure, and plenty of meat although tailgating at Sun Life is a bit of a bore compared to tailgating in Little Havana at the Orange Bowl. $130 for those seats isn't bad at all and I'll probably make that Browns game.

Public transportation I'm not really sure about. I've never really used public transportation anywhere I've lived although I do LOVE the MARTA system in Atlanta. Miami has something similar but it's not going to get you to the stadium. A cab ride from South Beach is probably going to cost you $20 each way so might as well drive your rental up to the Gardens and pay the $25 to park. There's a Wal-Mart right across from the stadium if you wanna wait to grab beer.

Tailgating begins at 9:00AM. Game kicks off at 1:00PM. Definitely done by 4:00PM barring overtime. Driving to the Keys from South Beach you're looking at about 45 - 50 minutes to Key Largo and about three hours all the way down to Key West. I'd suggest a nice Cuban restaurant but you might run into some rough parts of town that out of towners don't need to venture into lol. There's some very nice restaurants on South Beach. Shula's is just over on Collins Avenue. Prime 112 is right on South Beach but if you're strapped for cash I'd suggest staying away from there lol.

Hey J! Thanks for all that. Looks like we got the firm beginnings of a Plan here! Corona (at Walmart prices), meat (at Walmart prices)...sunshine...and a Rest't or 2 to Google as well. Shame we got to go through the stress of the Football Game, cos it almost sounds fun! :-) I'm gonna have to research the Orange Bowl. Apologies for my ignorance. I quite like the idea of going in 'dodgy' places (not sure Dawn would concur though). They wouldn't shoot or rob a stranger would they? Or violate him in any perverted way on his 50th birthday trip? :-) I don't actually look a 'typical' tourist. I'm not one to walk around with cameras/phones etc...and indeed if I can make one set of clothes and one shave last me the whole 14 days I may just give it a whirl! (Showering's good though...I aint a complete redneck or even brownneck). A Cuban Rest't on my birthday night (Tues 7th Dec) would be the darned Business...providing of course I don't end up a major crime statistic. My surname is Sharkey (really) and so I imagine some of the headlines (regarding my demise) could be kinda interesting/amusing! Hey! We're over 3 months away from the Trip, but it's beginning to take shape...big time. Thanks for the reassurance regarding ticket prices. You guys must all have your own Orane Farms or whatever! :-) Keep in touch. It'll be nice to have someone to bounce ideas off. I really appreciate it. May even put a (Walmart) Corona your way at the Browns game.

They tore down the Orange Bowl in 2008. Sad sad day.

And it's best if the out of towners stay out of those "dodgy" places lol. Miami goons can spot the tourists no matter how atypical you look...especially if you're white lol. Those Haitians are impulsive and wreckless. They can be dangerous. Be careful leaving the stadium as well. Gonna want to make sure you stay towards the turnpike. A few wrong turns and you can end up in some bad neighborhoods nearby.

For a moment there I thought we were almost in trouble...

They tore down the Orange Bowl in 2008. Sad sad day.

And it's best if the out of towners stay out of those "dodgy" places lol. Miami goons can spot the tourists no matter how atypical you look...especially if you're white lol. Those Haitians are impulsive and wreckless. They can be dangerous. Be careful leaving the stadium as well. Gonna want to make sure you stay towards the turnpike. A few wrong turns and you can end up in some bad neighborhoods nearby.

(With respect to:"Butch Cassidy&The Sundance Kid"...final line).

Thanks for the re-assurance J! Let me know when you're ready to start 'spooking' me! Tearing down The Orange Bowl? Shame to whole World over. The money folk won't be happy until everywhere looks and sounds the same. Named after a Financial Institution and with romantic stands named East, West, North, South etc. Let's hear it for Health&Safety. Which kinda brings us back to those guys from Haiti. Maybe I'll show a little more respect for my sat-nav and the Best Western bookings made so far. They can hardly spoil my looks, but I still feel that pain is an over-rated feeling. Catch you later J.

Thanks, for the help. I will wait and buy a parking pass at game time. Also doesn't the parking opening at 4:00 pm since the game is the Sunday night game?

Sheesh! I thought I was gonna be drinking Walmart's dry for a minute. Starting at 9am! I see the confusion here. The Brown's Game kicks off at 13.00 right? From 227's post, I figure on 2 things...

(1) There is a Sunday night Match and the Jets Game is one of those? (How did I figure that out?).

(2) I'm hoping I'm right in thinking that the tv schedule/ k.o. times are done months in advance. Is the Brown's Game likely to remain at 13.00 k.o.? Could this change? If so, how late could it change? What could it change to? Could it end up on the Saturday or Monday for instance? This would kinda wreck our Travel/Hotel plans if it were to change afterwards. (UK soccer schedules for my Team Manchester United are always changing at short notice - to suit World-wide tv - and can be almost any time of day and on any day. A complete pain when it comes to making plans). :-/

No, the games almost never change. Once in California we had a Charger game change due to wildfires but very few things can change times or days.

Thanks 227...

No, the games almost never change. Once in California we had a Charger game change due to wildfires but very few things can change times or days.

Thanks for the reassurance. That's great to hear. I can breath easily on that one. I'm going to have to follow this season from Day 1 so that it looks like I know what I am talking about! :-/ I am 5 hrs in front of Miami, meaning following a 'day-game' should be easy enough (if I can locate a channel showing it)...whereas any Sun night game would have to be watched in delay the next day. I'm embarrassed to admit that I got out of the habit of watching your football many yrs ago. Nothing wrong with the product of course. FAR from it. Just didn't have the incentive to watch. Knowing I'm going to a real Game in Dec gives me that incentive now. Really looking forward to it.

Do you belong in California or Florida? You nearly have as far to travel as I! :-)

Cheers

Tom (York, UK)

We flew out for that game in 2003. Wound up watching the game in a Hooters with the fattest Hooters waitress we ever saw. I thought they had standards.

Back
Top Bottom