Parcells' act has worn thin with Cowboys | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Parcells' act has worn thin with Cowboys

BAMAPHIN 22

FinHeaven Elite
Reaction score
I'm starting to wonder how badly this will all end for Bill Parcells. His brief tenure with the Cowboys is already taking misguided turns -- there's no way he can seriously consider Drew Bledsoe as the answer for what ailed a 6-10 team last season -- but there will certainly be more decisions that will leave us shaking our heads. Call it intuition. The unquestioned faith Parcells inspired in so many other franchises isn't in Dallas right now.

Aside from the emergence of Julius Jones and Jason Witten, what has gone right for the man in the last 12 months? The additions of Vinny Testaverde and Keyshawn Johnson didn't exactly ignite the offense last season. Parcells also passed on an opportunity to find a veteran cornerback in free agency, which didn't help when the Cowboys were defending the pass. More recently, Parcells has given no indication he's interested in giving young quarterback Drew Henson a shot at valuable experience. Now Bledsoe is a possibility to join the team, a move owner Jerry Jones reportedly doesn't support.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/writers/jeffri_chadiha/02/22/chadiha.parcells/index.html

What's up with the Tuna?.,,,,,he is trying to recycle has-been QB's...1st Vinny and now Drew Bledsoe. :roflmao:

Another long year for the Boys. :D

Dallas has no chance now, he has now downgraded to the worst starting QB in the NFL. I have to wonder if Bill has actually watched tape of Bledsoe. It's not that Bledsoe is bad he is HORRIBLE! and has been since about '99 w/ the exception of a good first half in 2002. What the heck is Bill thinking?

I think that after this year Parcells will either quit or be fired. Both Jones and Parcells dont really like each other anyway and Jones wants henson to start will Parcells want to bring in a vet to control his offense.

PhinFan0202 said:
Ty Law just became available, Bill's window of opportunity has just been blown wide open.

It doesn't matter, the 70s Steelers could come back in their prime and they still couldnt win w/ Bledsoe at QB.

Remember when Bledsoe was traded to Buffalo and all the Bills fans were talking about their "future Hall of Famer"? :lol: Maybe he can get a job cleaning windows at the Hall or shinning the busts but he won't be a member. A high first round pick for an old Bledsoe...biggest theft since a Steve McQueen movie.

If he walks away after this year...his time in Dallas will be a greater disservice than it will be a good thing for the direction of the cowboys.

hes been there for two years... give the man a chance... he knows bledsoe and thinks he will work better in his type of offense than anyone else... and i would LOVE to see bledsoe do good in Dallas because i want to prove to the bills fans that the bills suck in general and cant blame it on the QB

I agree, the Parcells era in Dallas and probably the NFL will end after this season, one way or the other. Even if the Cowboys somehow have a good season, Parcells will quit after saying he has done his part by pointing the Cowboys in the right direction.

Back
Top Bottom