Parcells: Taylor is 'pretty much off the market' | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Parcells: Taylor is 'pretty much off the market'

BAMAPHIN 22

FinHeaven Elite
Reaction score
Dolphins football operations boss Bill Parcells didn't promise that defensive end Jason Taylor wouldn't be traded away, but this morning Parcells came just shy of saying the six-time Pro Bowler was no longer available for other teams to acquire.

Parcells said the Dolphins haven't come close to trading Taylor and would have to be blown away by an offer to consider it.

Parcells, making a promotional appearance for Gatorade at Bayfront Park, was asked directly if Taylor was off the market.

"Nobody's ever off the market," Parcells said with a smile. "I don't mean it that way. I'm not trying to be facetious."

He then paused for a few moments and offered a measured response.

"I would say pretty much off the market,'' Parcells said. "For me to say that we are looking to do something, that'd be wrong. We're not looking to do anything."

Asked if Taylor would be in a Dolphins uniform on opening day, Parcells said, "I'm hoping."

"He's a good player, and I think I'm speaking for the organization - we'd like to have him back playing,'' Parcells said, echoing comments made Wednesday by head coach Tony Sparano. "That's really what I've got to say about that, right there.''

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/dolphins/content/sports/epaper/2008/06/05/0605finstaylor.html

Bad time of year to get offers.

The interested parties all had their chance on draft day and all they did was throw lowball offers at the Phins trying to steal him at a bargain basement price.
I'm glad the Phins stuck to their guns.
J-ville gave up a 1st and 2 3rds to draft an unproven commodity in Harvey. This is a team that is on the cusp of contending for a championship and they could have gotten a sure thing in JT for a 2nd rd pick.

Back
Top Bottom