Parker Non Play, Story of the Day

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Dolph N.Fan, Nov 27, 2017.

1. Dolph N.Fan

Dolph N.Fan A True Fan

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-dolphins/fl-sp-hyde-dolphins-column-20171126-story,amp.html

““I was pressing him all the time,” Gilmore said. “He couldn’t get off it. He struggles against the press. He’s a good, deep-ball guy and has great size to make plays downfield.”

This is all you need to know folks. Parker is a useless bum who’s just another long list of failed 1st round picks by Miami. His bandwagon...the one waiting on that “breakout” game should just about be empty.

2. Dolphins81

Dolphins81 Well-Known Member

They need to let him go and pay Landry. Landry is a fighter; Parker is soft *****.

bigchub22 likes this.
  3. Dolph N.Fan

Dolph N.Fan A True Fan

Yep. I was excited when Chicago drafted Kevin White instead of Parker because I knew white would be a bust and didn’t want Miami to draft him. Turns out Parker isn’t much better

Dolphins81 likes this.
  4. Dolphins81

Dolphins81 Well-Known Member

No ****! I just wish that Parker was 50% of what J. Jones is in ATL. That guy is a beast.

joenhre likes this.
  5. DefensiveEnd76

DefensiveEnd76 Football Guru

Parker is 6'3" 212 and he may as well be 4'6" and 100 pounds. He doesn't know how to use his size or play tough.

6. GreenMts

GreenMts Seasoned Veteran

Just another player we drafted hurt, who was kind of a project, and had a "high ceiling".

joenhre likes this.
  7. artdnj

artdnj Time is Now Finheaven VIP

so bench him Gase,wtf. If he was someone he didn't like he would be gone already. Give Caroo a shot if he isn't fighting for the ball. Fair is fair.

8. finmann

finmann Pro Bowler

I think you guys are being really harsh on the kid, I understand that he hasn't progressed to where we want him right now but the kid is working his tail off from all account and still needs time to develop. Eventually I believe he can be a good WR for this team.

outlawd2u and artdnj like this.
  9. gregorygrant83

gregorygrant83 A True Fan

I'm at the point I want Parker gone too, but for his best intrest not the team's or the fan's. He's not a player that's going to shine when surrounded by poor play or playcalling. In a situation where everybody else is doing their jobs at a half way decent level and Parker just has to play his part he'll be fine. In other words he's not going to lift a situation up by himself, but if everything is solid he could be a very valuable piece to an offense. Sort of feeling the same way about Tannehill. If the line, running game and playcalling are at a average or above average level Tannehill will look like a damn good qb. If the other pieces are struggling Tannehill might look average at best. There are some players that are just going to shine no matter how the rest of the team is playing. Parker might not be one of those players. At least I think it's fair to say he hasn't shown that ability yet.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2017
  10. Wildbill3

Wildbill3 Misery Loves Company Administrator Finheaven VIP Donator

Which season or how long do you give a guy who’s often injured and seems to be an interception magnet

67Stang likes this.
  11. finmann

finmann Pro Bowler

I don't know about a guy, but with Parker another year maybe 2.

12. Aquablood

Aquablood Well-Known Member

If he misses any game at all next season, he should be gone.

JakeemThe Dream likes this.
  13. BSQ

BSQ Scout Team

Maybe we should try some routes that the Patriots don't know about.

14. Good_Dylan

Good_Dylan Well-Known Member

“I knew the route. They ran the same exact route in the first quarter. They didn’t throw it the first time.

That is just the best huh? I mean even when I was a kid playing yard football I knew you had to improvise at times...Play catch with the guy throwing it down field and communicate sometimes without saying a word. These guys are like poorly programmed robots who play without emotion or natural ability.

15. outlawd2u

outlawd2u Pro Bowler

I find it hard to judge any players this season... that's how bad I think the coaching and QB play has been.

terphin likes this.
  16. daryl

daryl Well-Known Member

Seems like just a year ago that Parker caught a game-winning touchdown against the Rams. And the Rams continued their downward spiral while the Dolphins pushed towards the playoffs. Wow what a difference a year and a coaching staff makes! That’s why I think these so called rebuilding plans and “trust the process” crap is just a way to string fans along to buy tickets while the team continues to be terrible. Get a good coach, then get a good quarterback (not necessarily in that order) and success will immediately follow.

Spiff likes this.
  17. joenhre

joenhre Starter Donator

Just another wasted first round pick. Parker was looked at as a potential #1 receiver. Turns out that he is JAG out there. Would be nice to have a true #1 Alpha WR on the team but with the Dolphins terrible drafting, be it failure of the scouting department and GM or just bad luck, that will not happen anytime soon. Too many other needs on the team. Too many overpaid underperforming players on the roster.

18. DefensiveEnd76

I would give Rashawn Scott some chances. See what he can do these last few games.

19. TheWozz

TheWozz FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

hopefully the last WR we draft in the 1st round in my lifetime...

20. Stoobz

Stoobz Scout Team Finheaven VIP

"The Parker Problem" - yet another reach for a player that had a lot of questions coming out of college. Thanks, front office.

Those doubts about his abilities are amplified in the NFL and we are not seeing him improve very much.

Next year he must show vast improvement in all aspects of his game. I don't believe he will ever stay healthy as he is seemingly built like a deer.

I'm all for Carroo (or anyone really) getting snaps in place of Parker these next few games.

What do we have to lose?

21. russianbear

russianbear FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

Hard to hang a receiver for their lack of production with this sht show at QB - but now you 100% pay Landry IMO and look at WR in the draft.

Let Parker play w Tannehill and cut em loose if it’s another bust.

22. jlfin

jlfin old pro

I think the problem people have with that particular play is that Gilmore played the ball and
    Parker didn’t.
    It was an underthrown Ball, but Parker made no attempt to grab it. His feet never left the ground. It may have been intercepted either way, but Parker could have at least made an effort to bail out his QB.
    For the record, I think Gilmore is a solid CB, but not an elite one. He basically shut down Parker and to me that is unacceptable. Especially, when you factor in that this was a must win game for the Phins and meant little,to the Pats.
    There should have been a sense of urgency in this game from the entire team.
    Parker included.

23. emoticon

emoticon Rookie Finheaven VIP

The same is true for the Eagles.

24. Michigan Mike

Michigan Mike FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP Donator

You are contradicting yourself there a bit. You are in favor of paying Landry based on his play with a crap QB situation this season because he is performing but you are defending Parker because of the QB situation.

Landry has performed in all situations over the past couple of seasons and Parker has not shown that he has the ability to stay healthy and to play with any heart or passion. Even though Landry sometimes (not lately) allows his emotions to get in the way of the team and get penalties against him as a result, I will take that over a guy who won't fight for a ball or show that he actually cares.

25. emoticon

emoticon Rookie Finheaven VIP

I was thinking the same thing last night as I rewatched the game on Gamepass. On the second interception the two Patriots defenders went up for the ball aggressively and Parker just fell harmlessly backwards like a wounded deer. Absolutely no fire in him at all.

26. kingfin23

kingfin23 This is the Year

Parkers a bust. Move on

27. SabanHater

SabanHater ***** in the House!

you can't build a good team when you can't even get your 1st round picks right.

28. Dolph N.Fan

Dolph N.Fan A True Fan

Parker had Tannehill pre the initial knee injury, a better running game, and a better O-line last year and still wasn’t that impressive. Parker gets no pass. Why isn’t Stills and Landry playing like crap like he is in the same conditions?

29. Dolfan23

Dolfan23 A True Fan

Parker clearly didn't have his balance to be able to leap for the ball in the end zone [screenshots attached]. Go watch the play last night where Lebron tried to throw an alley oop to DWade and he couldn't even get up because he didn't have his balance. Gonna tell me that's because he didn't have fire? If you want to criticize him for that play you have justification that he shouldn't have been begging for the flag and should have tried to tackle Gilmore.

Seriously though when has Parker ever shown that he doesn't have fire in him? If we want to get on him for being injury prone (although he WAS playing on a bad ankle) then that's a very valid concern. But when your coaching staff calls the most basic of plays and seem to have no idea how to set players up for success and your QBs just throw **** up there it's never going to be a recipe for success. Across the board our receivers look like turds this year (save for Stills and even his year is down) compared with last season when we had a healthy Tannehill and a solid running game. Did Parker lack fire then? Early this season when Cutler was healthy and Parker was healthy and the oline wasn't putrid Parker was our best receiver especially on those You Got Moss'd plays.

vlcsnap-2017-11-28-11h20m51s255.png vlcsnap-2017-11-28-11h21m55s269.png vlcsnap-2017-11-28-11h22m16s232.png vlcsnap-2017-11-28-11h22m34s838.png vlcsnap-2017-11-28-11h23m04s474.png

30. Dolfan23

Dolfan23 A True Fan

Landry is having the worst year of his career by far, minus TD's where he's gotten a lot more opportunities, and Stills had a much better season last year.

Stills averaged 2.5 more YPC last year and had 9 TD's vs 5 this year. This is tied for the lowest YPC of his career.

31. Dolph N.Fan

Dolph N.Fan A True Fan

They’re not playing like crap though like
    Parker. 1 catch 5 yard...

32. Ren

Ren Rookie

Hyde made a good point... Is there any position on this team that has NOT regressed this year?

QB
    WR
    RB - Ajayi didn't do much while he was here, and the rest haven't since he left
    O-line - LT, C, and RT all regressed, and the guards suck
    D-line - Wake is starting to show his age, and no one else is stepping up
    LB - other than a decent game here and there, Alonzo has looked completely lost and no one else has done much more
    CB - X has struggled all year, and Tank is playing like a rookie
    S - Jones will have a play here and there, but appears much slower

About the only one that doesn't appear to have regressed is Suh.

kcbrown and Stoobz like this.
  33. russianbear

russianbear FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

No. I'm in favor of paying Landry because he has continued to perform, regardless of who's back there, and the intangibles he has. Not just because of this season. And the fact that Parker isn't showing positive signs of contribution also bodes towards me wanting to keep Landry around. IE if Parker was tearing it up, I wouldn't be so inclined to shell out huge $$ for Landry.

We don't have to decide on Parker this season (I believe), and so far I wouldn't sign him back. I am not going to point blank cut-bait with Parker because he isn't getting it done as part of our worst offense I can remember.

34. 67Stang

67Stang FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP Donator

I am wondering if Parker is gun shy from all of the injuries? He looks scared a lot of times. I broke my ankle landing on a friends foot playing basketball over 20 years ago and I still look down to see where my feet are when I am rebounding or jumping.

JakeemThe Dream likes this.
  35. DefensiveEnd76

Parker isn't an alpha male WR. He doesn't have the drive to be a great #1 WR.

36. BigNastyFish

BigNastyFish A True Fan

who's the brilliant mofo who drafted this turd?

wasn't he like a really high #1 pick?

wasn't he injured when we drafted him?

wasn't there some other good solid players we could of drafted instead?

doesn't TBum blow?

37. JakeemThe Dream

JakeemThe Dream A True Fan

We all know next year he'll have a hell of a year and proceed to leave the Dolphins for more money lol Parker can be as good as he wants. Apparently that's not as important to him as it should be. Tannehill being back will heal a lot of issues but it's sad to see such a talented receiver not care.

38. DefensiveEnd76

Parker is a big time underachiever. He'll never live up to being a #1 pick. He doesn't have "it". Seems to be satisfied with just going through the motions.

39. Phantom

Phantom Phantom Donator

He's a candy *** !!!

Dolph N.Fan likes this.
  40. TX-FinFan

TX-FinFan Seasoned Veteran

While Parker's ceiling is still high after his 3rd season you know what type of player you have. He's not an #1 WR that intimidates opposing defenses like Antonio Bryant or Julio Jones. Let him finish out his rookie deal next year and move on.