Pass Defense and Pass Rush | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pass Defense and Pass Rush

Frank B

Starter
Reaction score
Has anyone noticed that a lot of our problems on defense stem from the fact that our pass rush just isn't getting the job done? The aggressive, blitzing scheme that has been installed is not working because we don't have a lot of players that are effective blitzers. In the last few games, many teams have been running max protect blocking schemes against us and giving their receivers time to work against our weak secondary. Until our players learn to time and disguise their blitzes to increase the element of surprise, teams are going to be very effective converting on passing downs.

I think we ought to start showing blitz and back out of it a lot more now. We have teams expecting the blitz to the extent that we can back out of it and probably start picking off a lot of passes in short zone coverages. So instead of seeing Travis Daniels get burned by quick slants on blitzes, we'd see Channing Crowder stepping in front of those and taking them to the HOUSE.

Frank B said:
Has anyone noticed that a lot of our problems on defense stem from the fact that our pass rush just isn't getting the job done? The aggressive, blitzing scheme that has been installed is not working because we don't have a lot of players that are effective blitzers. In the last few games, many teams have been running max protect blocking schemes against us and giving their receivers time to work against our weak secondary. Until our players learn to time and disguise their blitzes to increase the element of surprise, teams are going to be very effective converting on passing downs.

I agree. I think if our d-line steps it up, that would make it much easier on our so-so secondary.

Frank B said:

I actually don't think that all. The other teams' O can run a one second route and our DB's would still manage to lose the WR.

Back
Top Bottom