Passrushers of the Apocalypse | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Passrushers of the Apocalypse

tay0365

Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
To this point during this endless off-season, after FA, thedraft, and information from camp, it seems we have a lot to look forward to, aswell as the normal injury bad news to try to figure out we seem to be gettingeach year now.

Losing Pouncey is going to hurt, especially if you considerhow our schedule begins this year, but there also so many things to lookforward too this coming preseason, that if most clicks right, and Miami get atleast someone serviceable at center, this team is going to be fun.

As far as I am concerned, the way the DBs have been looking,Tannehill and Wallace finally starting to hookup, how the WRs are looking(Especially the one player that has me most excited to see…. Landry) , and evenMiller so far are things that have me very excited, but there is one group thathas me the most excited to watch this coming pre-season, and that would be theD-line.

The D-line will needto prove themselves against the run, and hopefully by some miracle having Misiin the middle will help dramatically against the run, but this group this yearI believe are going to be a terror pass-rushing. Word out of camp is thatplayers like Wake is back to his unstoppable ways, Vernon is showing last year was far from afluke, Jordan finally healthy is getting nothing but rave reviews of peoplethat have watched him, and finally Shelby after working his butt off thisoff-season looks to be in the best shape he has ever been. This is a formidablegroup pass-rushing without doubt, but then you have to consider that in themiddle Miami will have, Starks, Maimibest all-around DT that has proven to be tough very disruptive in the middle, OdrickMiami most athletic pass-rushing DT, and Mitchell who also can be a pain pass-blocking.This is without speaking about Rookies like Fede and Johnsonwho have also been talked about pretty well in camp.

This D-line I going to have to be better against the run, butagainst the pass, this group may be known as the passrushers of the Apocalypse very soon and Iam extremely excited to see how they do.

To this point during this endless off-season, after FA, thedraft, and information from camp, it seems we have a lot to look forward to, aswell as the normal injury bad news to try to figure out we seem to be gettingeach year now.

Losing Pouncey is going to hurt, especially if you considerhow our schedule begins this year, but there also so many things to lookforward too this coming preseason, that if most clicks right, and Miami get atleast someone serviceable at center, this team is going to be fun.

As far as I am concerned, the way the DBs have been looking,Tannehill and Wallace finally starting to hookup, how the WRs are looking(Especially the one player that has me most excited to see…. Landry) , and evenMiller so far are things that have me very excited, but there is one group thathas me the most excited to watch this coming pre-season, and that would be theD-line.

The D-line will needto prove themselves against the run, and hopefully by some miracle having Misiin the middle will help dramatically against the run, but this group this yearI believe are going to be a terror pass-rushing. Word out of camp is thatplayers like Wake is back to his unstoppable ways, Vernon is showing last year was far from afluke, Jordan finally healthy is getting nothing but rave reviews of peoplethat have watched him, and finally Shelby after working his butt off thisoff-season looks to be in the best shape he has ever been. This is a formidablegroup pass-rushing without doubt, but then you have to consider that in themiddle Miami will have, Starks, Maimibest all-around DT that has proven to be tough very disruptive in the middle, OdrickMiami most athletic pass-rushing DT, and Mitchell who also can be a pain pass-blocking.This is without speaking about Rookies like Fede and Johnsonwho have also been talked about pretty well in camp.

This D-line I going to have to be better against the run, butagainst the pass, this group may be known as the passrushers of the Apocalypse very soon and Iam extremely excited to see how they do.

In 2012, Wake was off the charts with 17 sacks, 23 hits, and 43 hurries on 553 chances. The other thing was him being great vs the run. If he is close to that, with the surrounding talent, this DL can be the best in the NFL.

If our DBs play even average, our pass defense should be ridiculous. We should bring huge pressure without having to blitz. Remind me, doesn't Brady struggle against that? :)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Our line was good vs the run last year if you listen to the pff unit.. The linebackers cant hit a rb in a hole... Well they cant even find a whole

Our line was good vs the run last year if you listen to the pff unit.. The linebackers cant hit a rb in a hole... Well they cant even find a whole

There was a mix. Starks was great. Soliai and Shelby were VG. OV was above average but down from the year before with many more chances. Wake was average vs VG in 2012, and Jordan was average on limited chances.

At LB, Misi was VG as always. Ellerbe and Wheeler were just horrible. At safety, Jones and Clemons had a big drop in run support.

FWIW, Wheeler did bring good pressure on the QB, and was the only one other than the DL

If our DBs play even average, our pass defense should be ridiculous. We should bring huge pressure without having to blitz. Remind me, doesn't Brady struggle against that? :)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Ding Ding Ding...There you go, give the man a Cigar. We can only hope.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ding Ding Ding...There you go, give the man a Cigar. We an only hope.

I cannot imagine any way this DL does not bring A FRAKIN TON of QB pressure. We did very well last year, and now have a healthy Wake, an improved OV. Jordan, Shelby, Odrick, and don't count out Mitchell to bring it more than Soliai. Can't wait to see tis group in action, and who better to feel their wrath than Brady on Opening Day.

They weren't as good against the run as years past, maybe it's far more hope then reality on my part, but considering Misi the only one of the LB that an take on blockers, maybe moving him to M-LB will help against the run more. Problem last year was there were far to many tackles by our LB too far after the los.

I cannot imagine any way this DL does not bring A FRAKIN TON of QB pressure. We did very well last year, and now have a healthy Wake, an improved OV. Jordan, Shelby, Odrick, and don't count out Mitchell to bring it more than Soliai. Can't wait to see tis group in action, and who better to feel their wrath than Brady on Opening Day.

If all goes well, Miami's Offense will be able to put more points on the board, and force teams to have to abandon the run and try to pass against us...That's the moment we as fans sit back and really enjoy.

Hope our O-line can somewhat keep it together.

If all goes well, Miami's Offense will be able to put more points on the board, and force teams to have to abandon the run and try to pass against us...That's the moment we as fans sit back and really enjoy.

Hope our O-line can somewhat keep it together.

We just have to put more points on the board per game IMO to make anything substantial happen. A tall task considering the condition and youth of the OL.

We just have to put more points on the board per game IMO to make anything substantial happen. A tall task considering the condition and youth of the OL.

Agreed, that O-line does scare me, I also hope Miami is able to find a consistant redzone target. Landry though shorter then you hope, because of how he fights for the ball could be a good canidate, and then there is last years pre-season redzone candidate, Armon Binns.

As history has proven, very rarely will a team score more with deep passes then how effective they are in the redzone, and we really need someone to step up. All in all our defense should keep us in games.

Someone on this defense was terrible against the run because we were 24th allowing almost 125 yards avg per game

I agree!!! This Defensive Line looks to be replenished and has the potential to be, as good as, JT, O-Gun and Trace Armstrong were; when they were wrecking havoc on Offensive Lines and QB's around the league. IF Dion Jordan can make the leap, some people think he's capable of and Mitchell is as athletic and mobile as a 4-3 DT as advertised, things could get ugly for opposing QB's around the league. IMHO it going to take better coverage from the DB's for the D-line to fulfill the expectation's being made of them. The "Speed Package" could take the defense to another level "IF" the DB's do a better job.

Back
Top Bottom