Pat Kirwan Article from NFL.com | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pat Kirwan Article from NFL.com

Very old but, I agreed with it.

Bills, Jets, and Dolphins should all battle it out for the second spot in the division while New England wins it with ease.

ScottLawrence said:
Very old but, I agreed with it.

Bills, Jets, and Dolphins should all battle it out for the second spot in the division while New England wins it with ease.
Put it this way.."IF" the Fins don't win the division(notice the big "if"), They will take the second spot with easeeee....:evil:

the pats are not that good, very lucky last year and much older on defense, oline is very bad and wideouts are average it is anybodies div

fint0xicated said:
Put it this way.."IF" the Fins don't win the division(notice the big "if"), They will take the second spot with easeeee....:evil:

Eh, I disagree.... You have any reasoning?

ScottLawrence said:
Eh, I disagree.... You have any reasoning?

Just simple reasoning. I don't see the Bills winning more than 8 games this year, nor the Jets. Well, maybe the Jets will win 9, who knows. I just think the afc east title is going to be between the fins and the patsies, unlike recent years where it looked like it could be anybodys guess in the beginning. Only my opinion...it may be baised but hey, live with it :D

Pro'bly thinks the question marks are just too big in the AFC East (excluding the Dolphins, of course). I expect the Bills to make some noise alright... but truly, the Jets are screwed. That defense will be oh-so-porous...

I agree in that the AFC East is not so reachable for all anymore. We've passed the "most competitive division" title to the AFC South, IMO. Maybe the NFC East as well.

Crappy article! New England did not hammer us last year we were competitve. If we get better O-line play (which I hope would also help the QB play) we definitely have a shot. We also must win the games we should win (i.e.the Houston game last year).

Funny thing is you do not hear the jets or the jills fans saying they have a chance to win the div.

dolfanreal69 said:
Funny thing is you do not hear the jets or the jills fans saying they have a chance to win the div.

Agreed, They already know they suck.

:chuckle:

I wouldn't put anything past the Pats, Bills, or even the Jets this upcoming season. Yeah we won 10 games last season but I'll say it again - check the winning records (or lack of) of the teams that we beat - only 2 teams had winning records of 10-6 so it isn't that impressive anymore. Now for those that defended Wannstedt for his "winning record" last year, yeah a winning record against a bunch of teams with losing records! Everyone expected us to win the opening game at home against Houston and look what happened. I don't knock the Pats b/c I'd take 2 SB's in the last 3 years and be conceived as a "not very good team", especially last year when a lot of their starters missed the first half of the season or more. They lost Woody but gained a better back in Dillon than Antwain Smith ever was. They don't have a star receiver but all four are solid and each is capable of having a great game (you shut down our top 2 and we have nobody we can count on). The Bills have a chance this season to have an explosive offense again. They finally replaced Peerless with Evans (whom I wanted us to get if we drafted a receiver) and a healthy McGahee to back up Henry. The Jets finally replaced Coles with McCareins and he has a lot of upside (more than Conway did) and it seems every year that Curtis Martin is too old but yet he quietly has a good season and Jordan is a good back-up also, plus they have a good pass rush when they are healthy. I'm just saying that I feel a lot of people are taking everyone else in our division too lightly and making our record more than it really was. Here are the records of the teams that we beat:
Jets 6-10 (swept)
Bills 6-10 (swept)
Giants 4-12
Jaguars 5-11
Chargers 4-12
Ravens 10-6
Skins 5-11
Cowboys 10-6

In addition, the Ravens and Cowboys had winning records but their QB's weren't even that impressive. See what I mean, that is nothing to brag about.

Bonedoc7777 said:
the pats are not that good, very lucky last year and much older on defense, oline is very bad and wideouts are average it is anybodies div

The Pats have only gotten better and will be a power again this year.
Don't kid yourself on that. You're looking at a pretty solid team.
The Fins have a shot a knocking them off but a lot has to fall into place with the OL and QB situations. Regardless, I think it's a lock you'll see 2 reps from the AFC East in the playoffs this year.

finphan said:
I wouldn't put anything past the Pats, Bills, or even the Jets this upcoming season. Yeah we won 10 games last season but I'll say it again - check the winning records (or lack of) of the teams that we beat - only 2 teams had winning records of 10-6 so it isn't that impressive anymore. Now for those that defended Wannstedt for his "winning record" last year, yeah a winning record against a bunch of teams with losing records! Everyone expected us to win the opening game at home against Houston and look what happened. I don't knock the Pats b/c I'd take 2 SB's in the last 3 years and be conceived as a "not very good team", especially last year when a lot of their starters missed the first half of the season or more. They lost Woody but gained a better back in Dillon than Antwain Smith ever was. They don't have a star receiver but all four are solid and each is capable of having a great game (you shut down our top 2 and we have nobody we can count on). The Bills have a chance this season to have an explosive offense again. They finally replaced Peerless with Evans (whom I wanted us to get if we drafted a receiver) and a healthy McGahee to back up Henry. The Jets finally replaced Coles with McCareins and he has a lot of upside (more than Conway did) and it seems every year that Curtis Martin is too old but yet he quietly has a good season and Jordan is a good back-up also, plus they have a good pass rush when they are healthy. I'm just saying that I feel a lot of people are taking everyone else in our division too lightly and making our record more than it really was. Here are the records of the teams that we beat:
Jets 6-10 (swept)
Bills 6-10 (swept)
Giants 4-12
Jaguars 5-11
Chargers 4-12
Ravens 10-6
Skins 5-11
Cowboys 10-6

In addition, the Ravens and Cowboys had winning records but their QB's weren't even that impressive. See what I mean, that is nothing to brag about.

I agree, but we have a ton of talent. The bad part is DW he's like an anchor dragging us down. This division is tough no matter how bad each team is. I never feel good facing another AFC east team. I believe we will be the same as last year beating teams with losing records and losing to teams with winning records. This is where DW needs to make a difference as the HC and he does not. We go in to the tough games without an edge, and we come out at halftime with even less. Just say no to DW. :shakeno:

feelthepain said:
I agree, but we have a ton of talent. The bad part is DW he's like an anchor dragging us down. This division is tough no matter how bad each team is. I never feel good facing another AFC east team. I believe we will be the same as last year beating teams with losing records and losing to teams with winning records. This is where DW needs to make a difference as the HC and he does not. We go in to the tough games without an edge, and we come out at halftime with even less. Just say no to DW. :shakeno:
Ditto to you too and I also wanted to include more of my opinions regarding Wannstedt but you summed it up nicely.:)

Back
Top Bottom