Pat Open To Trade Garoppolo | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pat Open To Trade Garoppolo

Loui F Baby

Practice Squad
Reaction score
So the Pats are open to trading Jimmy Garoppolo, I would not fall for this trick because we all have seen it plenty of time with a backup Pays QB being traded for and not panning out. I am convinced that these are system guys, they are only good in the Pats system, and yes, that included brady. These guys easily step in and its like brady never left but on another team everything they are at best average. I know that some poor team is going to trade the house for him, thank God it will not be us. [h=1]
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/news/n...oppolo-would-you-trade-for-him-162636351.html
[/h]

Makes perfect sense and a blueprint on why drafting a QB, even when you have a franchise one, is just a smart idea.

Brady is playing for at least 2 or 3 more years . . . Garoppolo is a FA after next season. His value will never be higher than it is right now. Especially with how he played this season filling in for Tom.

Now I don't know if they get a first and a 4th, but the Sam Bradford trade sure gives prescedence for New England to ask for that.

At least the team trading for Jimmy will have one cheap year . . . . but certainly an extension would get done in combination with the trade.

Of course they are and they are going to get a ton for him. Don't be surprised if it's a 1st round pick too! Will be interesting to see if he becomes another Matt Cassell

Seriously.... if someone falls for this again, then they deserve what they get. I think he will be good - just not worth what NE will want for him.

Why would anybody trade more than a 5th for this guy? In the NFL you trade for contracts, not players, and this dude won't have one once the season is over.

I expected to come in here and see someone requesting us to trade for Garoppolo; glad that wasn't the case.

It will probably be any team that signs Josh McDaniel to be their new head coach.

It's probably the perfect year to do it too since this draft is pretty thin at QB. Green Bay used to do this a lot but their QBs actually had success elsewhere. Brunell, Hasselbeck, and Aaron Brooks all traded and all had success for other teams.

Why would anybody trade more than a 5th for this guy? In the NFL you trade for contracts, not players, and this dude won't have one once the season is over.

I mean there is certainly contract leverage by trading for him right now.

If he sits as the Pats QB another year and goes on the open market, you risk a bidding war or an over inflated contract i.e. Brock Osweiller.

If you trade for him, you can negotiate a deal and Jimmy/agent would have to give back a little because if he comes in and stinks it up on a rookie contract, there will be no bidding war and his FA contract will be much less than what it could of been.

You also make the trade because this year's QB class is pretty underwhelming and Jimmy has played well with live bullets.

Again, a 1st and a 4th is rich, but not unreasonable to ask for . . . it after all is a negotiation process.

If he sits as the Pats QB another year and goes on the open market, you risk a bidding war or an over inflated contract i.e. Brock Osweiller.

If you trade for him, you can negotiate a deal and Jimmy/agent would have to give back a little because if he comes in and stinks it up on a rookie contract, there will be no bidding war and his FA contract will be much less than what it could of been.

You also make the trade because this year's QB class is pretty underwhelming and Jimmy has played well with live bullets.

Again, a 1st and a 4th is rich, but not unreasonable to ask for . . . it after all is a negotiation process.

I thought his contract expired at the end of this year. If it expires after next year then yea that makes a huge difference, still don't think he's worth a 1st though, but a second isn't unreasonable IF he has a year left, don't know.

S.O.B he has a year left, clever b*******.

If I'm running a team and the Patriots call, I am not picking up the phone. I mean, you're going to get fleeced.

When's the last time they came out on the short end?

Sorry, I know there's been some recent love for Tannebaum but I don't trust him to take that call.

1 more year on a rookie contract as a 2nd round pick is cheap. He'd basically get a 1 year tryout for a cheap price. I'm sure they Pats want a 1st for him and maybe a later pick but what they get would depend on how many bidders there are.

I have to wonder if the Pats put this info out now so they can get that pick early and start planning on the draft. My gut says they have their eye on another TE, possibly OJ Howard, given Gronks injury history. They might want some insurance at the position.

---------- Post added at 01:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:40 PM ----------

I was thinking Matt Flynn, but ok...

Flynn played for Green Bay.

Back
Top Bottom