Pat Open To Trade Garoppolo | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pat Open To Trade Garoppolo

Of course they are and they are going to get a ton for him. Don't be surprised if it's a 1st round pick too! Will be interesting to see if he becomes another Matt Cassell
Sounds like something Buffalo would do - jettison Tyrod and trade for a first for a stiff.

1 more year on a rookie contract as a 2nd round pick is cheap. He'd basically get a 1 year tryout for a cheap price. I'm sure they Pats want a 1st for him and maybe a later pick but what they get would depend on how many bidders there are.

I have to wonder if the Pats put this info out now so they can get that pick early and start planning on the draft. My gut says they have their eye on another TE, possibly OJ Howard, given Gronks injury history. They might want some insurance at the position.

---------- Post added at 01:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:40 PM ----------

Flynn played for Green Bay.

I would have to think any team making that trade would essentially throw a Tannehill type of deal his way. Not really touch the last year of the deal, but have a signing bonus and extension completed as a rule of the trade and give themselves outs 2 years into the deal.

Easy for people to compare him to Cassel or Flynn . . . but I think he's a much better prospect than both. Cassell performed admirably in 2008, but his offensive line, defense and offensive playmakers "blew away" anything Jimmy had to work with and the AFC East teams played the easiest schedules in the NFL that year. Jimmy showed quick decision making and a quick release while in there . . . and some real solid mobility/improvistion skills. I think Pats record would be really similar had he played the entire season.

After Deshaun Watson, not sure any of the guys are better than Jimmy.

Well I wouldn't say they got value out of the Chandler Jones trade.

2nd round pick for a non QB on the last year of his rookie deal is definitely value.

Pats really know how to play the game in this "salary cap league". Of course it helps when you are confident in your ability to draft and replace.

Of course they are. This is what they do, they build up their backup QBs and when they flash signs of greatness they trade them. They never seem to pan out on other teams tho

A 1st and a 4th???? Hahahahaha!

What does this have to do with the Dolphins?

A 1st and a 4th???? Hahahahaha!

I know it sounds crazy, but if you are about to spend a first on a QB in this draft anyways . . . . why not spend that on Jimmy G? Only 25 and has been in the league for 3 years and learned behind the greatest QB in NFL history. I'm really not loving this draft for QBs.

You probably can get away with just a 1st. He looked real poised in preseason and in the regular season . . . really was impressive.

If Jimmy G is worth a 1st and 4th, Matt Moore is worth a 3rd

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Maybe Dought can fetch a 3rd round pick?
Seriously, the Pats draft QB's to improve their stock and then get a top pick for them because of their winning ways.
The Fins should do the same.
Draft guys with the physical tools and them coach them up.

Maybe Doughy can fetch a 3rd round pick?
Seriously, the Pats draft QB's to improve their stock and then get a top pick for them because of their winning ways.
The Fins should do the same.
Draft guys with the physical tools and them coach them up.
The QB crop in 2017 isn't that impressive.

2nd round pick for a non QB on the last year of his rookie deal is definitely value.

Pats really know how to play the game in this "salary cap league". Of course it helps when you are confident in your ability to draft and replace.

The 61st pick in the draft for a premier 26 year old pass rusher is hardly value. The whole reason you take a guy in the first round is so you can sign him to a second contract.

Your also confusing their ability to stock pile picks with actual success at making those selections.

Scott Pioli made one amazing draft pick 17 years ago and it's still paying dividends. Let's not pretend like they've swindled the rest of the league for years.

The Pats overall success in the draft since 2010 has been as good as most, if not better, especially considering they are drafting at the end of the round every year.

By 'swindling', they do seem to win in most of their trades.

If AZ gave up their 2nd rd pick for Chandler, that pick would currently be the 43rd.

Back
Top Bottom