Pat Watkins | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pat Watkins

Dolfan4life34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I am hearing great things about this kid but while watching thegame last night i noticed he is extrememly lanky and real small in size wat do you guys think about him i havnt seen him much and he definatly at 6'4" to add bulk to his frame is he a solid pick for us and wat round will he go in this is his scouting report

Height: 6-4 | Weight: 200 | 40-Time: 4.50
clear.gif

Official Bio

clear.gif
Strengths:
Has tremendous size with long arms and the frame to add more weight...Is a very good athlete...Mobile and has excellent range to make plays sideline-to-sideline...Smart and a leader on the field...Great leaper who knows how to go up and get the ball...Will support the run...Still has some upside and potential.

Weaknesses:
Must hit the weight room and get stronger...Needs to bulk up...Not overly physical or explosive despite his size...Inconsistent...Struggles a bit and gets turned in man coverage...Has some minor durability concerns...A bit of an underachiever who didn't always play up to his ability...Only two years of starting experience.

Notes:
Top recruit coming out of high school...Could be chosen earlier than he should based on workouts...From a physical standpoint he would seem to have all the tools you look for and is exactly what the pros are looking for in a safety today.

being a noles fan i can tell you that he is no ed reed but he can be a good saftey in the nfl due to his size and long range. also he his a great special teams player, and i hope the fins can pick him up in the 3rd or 4th.

oh and about him being lanky, he is not scared to jack you up as you saw last night.

Back
Top Bottom