``Pat White, no question, is our most improved player. He's a quarterback now.'' | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

``Pat White, no question, is our most improved player. He's a quarterback now.''

I find it odd that a supposed moderator would hijack a thread about Pat White and turn it into a bash / question Ricky thread. I think Ricky is a team leader. He has learned from his mistakes, and last year when Ronnie went down, who did the "TEAM" count on. Ricky. You may still want to hold a grudge from 5+ years ago, neither the FO or his teammates hold that same grudge. Obviously, because the guy gets tested regularly, so far he has chosen football over his past. Again, as a dolfan, I hope that what Rick says is true, I hope for his sake and the teams sake, Pat White has greatly improved.

I don't live in utopia. I live in the real world. All 42 years of my life I have. I have grown to understand that excuses are bull****, and we all make choices that dictate how life for us and those around us is going to go. We have a greater responsibility than self. Our ID based desires are secondary to what the people that depend on you need.

Heh heh. Couldn't help but think of this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjF93E4LjlA

What's invalid about your prism is labeling his motives & actions using that idealistic, puritanical value system. 'Pot vs team'? The man went on a quest to find an identity he could live with. More precise is to say he chose escape over being trapped in misery. Whether any big picture exonerates him or not is irrelevant to me, frankly. Ricky is interesting. What bothers me is your crusade to oversimplify a stereotype at him instead of seeing there are things to learn from Ricky if one looks closely. And I won't let others blindly follow that path w/out having my say about it.

I find it odd that a supposed moderator would hijack a thread about Pat White and turn it into a bash / question Ricky thread. I think Ricky is a team leader. He has learned from his mistakes, and last year when Ronnie went down, who did the "TEAM" count on. Ricky. You may still want to hold a grudge from 5+ years ago, neither the FO or his teammates hold that same grudge. Obviously, because the guy gets tested regularly, so far he has chosen football over his past. Again, as a dolfan, I hope that what Rick says is true, I hope for his sake and the teams sake, Pat White has greatly improved.

I'm not a supposed moderator. I AM a moderator, and I adjudicate quite well, thanks very much. I am opinionated and outspoken. I often take the side of the undereprestented and argue the point to the exasperation of others.

If you don't like that, tough luck for you, buddy ro.

Notice how you use terms like "hope". I hope too. Until I see proof positive, I'm not going to trust. Hope and faith are two different things that mean much the same thing in context, but are two different things that mean very different things in reality.

Are you starting to get it now?

I too hope that Pat White has improved. I don't see how he can help but improve.

What's invalid about your prism is labeling his motives & actions using that idealistic, puritanical value system. 'Pot vs team'? The man went on a quest to find an identity he could live with. More precise is to say he chose escape over being trapped in misery. Whether any big picture exonerates him or not is irrelevant to me, frankly. Ricky is interesting. What bothers me is your crusade to oversimplify a stereotype at him instead of seeing there are things to learn from Ricky if one looks closely. And I won't let others blindly follow that path w/out having my say about it.

What's puritanical about it? In life you make choice A or choice B. All the contributing things are just background noise.

Overcomplication and lending character to one for the very fact that we don't quite get what they are about doesn't fly with me. I think that doubt is just as valid a choice as trust.

We can talk about paths.

One path leads to pot and ID.

One path leads to team, responsibility, and family.

Ricky took one path consistantly. It's not hard math. It's not really about drugs at all. It could just as well be about video games, motorcycles, reading, or any other direction.

When one does the math, one finds out that Ricky has chosen poorly. Excuse me if I don't think of him as a sage.

My opinion is valid. I love how once I go after Ricky, EVERYONE drops out of the sky to attack me, bash my character, etc. I'm a bad guy, and Ricky is a good guy.

Bull****.

I don't live in utopia. I live in the real world. All 42 years of my life I have. I have grown to understand that excuses are bull****, and we all make choices that dictate how life for us and those around us is going to go. We have a greater responsibility than self. Our ID based desires are secondary to what the people that depend on you need.

I'm not bashing you. I dont have a problem with you or your character, I am just trying to understand where your coming from. At the same time you support Jason Taylor though. Which makes no sense, because he is the biggest primadonna I have ever seen. Not training for Dancing with the stars? Everything is ONLY about him and him only. The fake exterior he carries around like he cares about the team anymore is all a bunch of bs. Don't get it wrong, Jason going to Jets is one of the biggest ego-driven actions I have ever seen.

I'm not a supposed moderator. I AM a moderator, and I adjudicate quite well, thanks very much. I am opinionated and outspoken. I often take the side of the undereprestented and argue the point to the exasperation of others.

Notice how you use terms like "hope". I hope too. Until I see proof positive, I'm not going to trust. Hope and faith are two different things that mean much the same thing in context, but are two different things that mean very different things in reality.

I too hope that Pat White has improved. I don't see how he can help but improve.

Really could not give a frog's fat ***,just surprised. I think it is great to be outspoken and opinionated. Confrontational? I guess it just works for you. Ricky has had no problems for over 3 years, I hope that continues.

I'm not bashing you. I dont have a problem with you or your character, I am just trying to understand where your coming from. At the same time you support Jason Taylor though. Which makes no sense, because he is the biggest primadonna I have ever seen. Not training for Dancing with the stars? Everything is ONLY about him and him only. The fake exterior he carries around like he cares about the team anymore is all a bunch of bs. Don't get it wrong, Jason going to Jets is one of the biggest ego-driven actions I have ever seen.

That's fair and I appreciate your point.

I am talking about ID, and not ego. I think Ricky Williams has very little ego. That's part of his problem in his process. He'd rather be alone in life, I think.......though that's just me taking a flyer that's pure opinion.

I support JT because a player shouldn't be treated like a piece of meat. Would Parcells stand for a contract offer circumventing his agent and made on a post it note? I don't think so. Why is it ok for Parcells to be dealt with through an agent, whereas it's not ok for JT?

As a man, sometimes you have to stand up, and go "No. It's not ok." And resolve the situation.

I think JT did just that.

id rather have white then chad p i mean he's younger has way more years on him and can develop to be a good player. if i was the dolphins ill sign chad has a coach because he wont see any playing time anyways but then again if henne gets hurt he can carry us into the playoffs. but all and all it cant hurt us to keep white.

i dont understand why everyone throws this guy under the bus.. he wasn't very good last year but, he was also changing his delivery. with pat white in the game miami scored touchdowns... He's our brad smith.. why not keep him as a 3rd quarterback? at least he can do something.. he isn't going to be a starter but, i dont care what anyone says, he's a winner.

Because, this is Finheaven, land of overreaction. He was a freakin rookie last year and everyone wants to throw him under the bus. Lame. Give him a chance.

Back
Top Bottom