Pather Fans hated losing Joe Berger | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pather Fans hated losing Joe Berger

CpuFan

Active Roster
Reaction score
Here are some clippings from a Panthers forum...

Berger signed by Dolphins
-------------------------------------------------------------
I hate we let this guy get away. We should have cut Kadela and kept Berger, but... whatever.

Re: Berger signed by Dolphins
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
I just so happen to be on the Dolphins site and was looking through thier roster and see Joe Berger on there. I thought it was a mistake until I read they brought in him and a CB from Jacksonville. They should of cut Kadela and kept Berger, he was better than Kadela during the preseason.

This is indeed sad news. I don't think anyone expected him to be signed away, as few teams or scouts knew about him going into draft. However, most teams have a scout watching other teams during preseason, and I'm sure this is where they decided to get him from. He has awesome potential, hate to lose him.

----------------------------------------------------------------
Darn...Saban knows what he is doing. He got Gibson too from the Steelers. Berger could have been on the roster EASILY next season.

the Berger signing sounds good to me. Now between him and Ephraim we will have 2 guys who can compete for starting next year at center.

PHINSfan said:
the Berger signing sounds good to me. Now between him and Ephraim we will have 2 guys who can compete for starting next year at center.

Where does it say Berger plays Center?

I dont have a link but i've read somewhere were even though he played RT in college they were going to bring him inside. He's 6'5 305lbs, not as heavy as coach H likes his OG. But although a little tall for center, he does have the weight for an NFL center.

CpuFan said:
Here are some clippings from a Panthers forum...

This is indeed sad news. I don't think anyone expected him to be signed away, as few teams or scouts knew about him going into draft. However, most teams have a scout watching other teams during preseason, and I'm sure this is where they decided to get him from. He has awesome potential, hate to lose him.
This quote is the best of all. Is there really a fan naive enough to believe that few teams knew about Berger going into the draft? You can darned sure bet that every team knew all about him way before the draft. The main reason he lasted to the 6th round was that he didn't play at a Div I school, but at a small college not known for producing NFL players. Berger was even at the combine, and did very well, but few teams knew about him??? LOL :lol:

We definentely need another CB, never to deep in that position.

The ongoing Saban movement continues.........Better get the picture or you will be gone soon........Joe Berger meister meister Berger. Sounds like a football player doesnt he?

Matt3w said:
If he was so great why did they let him get away?

Well for starters, he's a rookie on a team with one of the best Olines in the league, its gonna take him at least a year to contribute.

Back
Top Bottom