Patriots are low on draft picks while the phins are loaded with picks | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Patriots are low on draft picks while the phins are loaded with picks

phinatic1399

Diehard Phinatic!
Reaction score
PATRIOTS:
First round:
Own
Second round: Own
Third round: Own
Fourth round: None (traded away to Tampa Bay in Aqib Talib trade)
Fifth round: None (traded away to Washington in Albert Haynesworth trade)
Sixth round: None (trade away to Cincinnati in Chad Johnson trade)
Seventh round: Own, Tampa Bay's (acquired in Aqib Talib trade)

So basically they have a 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and a 7th while we have a 1st, 2nd, 2nd, 3rd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 6th, 7th

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-..._/id/4733604/re-setting-pats-2013-draft-picks

Numbers look good now but I'd bet Belichick gathers a few more in trades and on draft day.

He sucks at drafting anyways. Not sure where his fame for drafting started, guy may be good trading picks for more picks but is not that great at drafting.
Chubbs

He's fantastic at establishing value for each and every one of his draft picks, and that is fine, but I think Belichick is realizing this draft simply isn't that talented.

Miami would absolutely be better off trading away their extra picks for future picks. Or trading up for quality players. I'm just not seeing the depth from 30-90 that I saw in 2010 and 2011. Granted, some of the guys I really liked have far from "panned out" so maybe it can go the opposite this way as well...

but I'm really hoping we trade our extra 2nd for a future 1st, or our extra 3 for a future 2.

He's fantastic at establishing value for each and every one of his draft picks, and that is fine, but I think Belichick is realizing this draft simply isn't that talented.

Miami would absolutely be better off trading away their extra picks for future picks. Or trading up for quality players. I'm just not seeing the depth from 30-90 that I saw in 2010 and 2011. Granted, some of the guys I really liked have far from "panned out" so maybe it can go the opposite this way as well...

but I'm really hoping we trade our extra 2nd for a future 1st, or our extra 3 for a future 2.
LOL this has nothing to do with him analyzing the talent of this draft. He is not that smart, stop giving him that much credit.

He keeps trading his picks because he realizes his team is not as good as he thought and is trying to makeup for his poor drafting by trading for players.
Chubbs

He sucks at drafting anyways. Not sure where his fame for drafting started, guy may be good trading picks for more picks but is not that great at drafting.
Chubbs
Took the words right out of my mouth. He does suck at drafting. With all those picks he's had his defense should have been reloaded a long time ago. He can't draft Wrs and it took him drafting like 6 TE before he hit in Hernandez and Gronk..

Took the words right out of my mouth. He does suck at drafting. With all those picks he's had his defense should have been reloaded a long time ago. He can't draft Wrs and it took him drafting like 6 TE before he hit in Hernandez and Gronk..
he hit a homerun with Gronk and Hernandez but thats about it really. Even his drafting of Spikes is nothing spectacular, SPIKES was a 1st round talent and people got to finicky with his lack of speed, More shame on the rest of the NFL then anything.

Here is

Would be interested in the progress of Mallett right now....hmm....

As for our strategy, I would encourage trading one of our (2) 2nd's & one of our (2) 3rd rounder picks this year for a 1st and a 2nd next year.
That is fair value that would give us 2 1st's and 2 2nd's the following year.
Then I would trade one of those....and so on and so on.
Build the future through the draft.

Ol' Billy blew my theory right out of the water. They continued to trade back and pick up extra 1st in the next year and I thought they would sit on those until this year and trade up to take a QB in round 1, a guy like Barkley to sit behind Brady for a few seasons before he heads into the sunset but they used them both up last draft so my theory was shot to hell.

One position belicheck can't draft is CB. He's taken a fair few of those and recents years and his D still blows. If our draft this year goes the same as it looks last years is going there's going to be a lot to like. I really like the way this team is building. And i really give Ireland a lot of credit for this past draft and for getting great value for Davis.

I am sure they will get comp picks or something in the future...

Sent from my DROID Pro using Tapatalk 2

Chubbs

I'd have to agree w/ Chubbs on this.

Bill Belichick's drafting sucks. You take away the Tom Brady pick from 12 years ago, and the Pats are an average team at best. He struck gold w/ Brady and gets credit for that, but it doesn't mean he's a great drafter. He's had tons of misses over the years. Every year he accumulated all these picks and most of his moves didn't net him anything.

He did great w/ the TEs and has a keeper in Chandler Jones and possibly Hightower, but look at all these other high draft pick misses going back the last 6 years: Ras-I Dowling, Jermaine Cunningham, Taylor Price, Pat Chung, Ron Brace, Darius Butler, Brandon Tate, Tyrone McKenzie, Terrence Wheatley, Shawn Crable, Kevin O'Connell, Brandon Meriweather, Laurence Maroney, Chad Jackson, and David Thomas. ALL of these guys were picked between Rounds 1 - 3. And the jury is still out on Tavon Wilson (a total reach this year) and Jake Bequette from this year's draft and Shane Vereen and Ryan Mallett from last year. Brandon Spikes was a 2nd round pick and only plays on running downs...how's that any better than Koa Misi?

The Patriots success all these years is due to one primary reason: Tom Brady.

Back
Top Bottom