Patriots=Cheaters | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Patriots=Cheaters

PhinPhreak said:
While I agree the first SB run seemed to be helped out with some amazing luck, you can't take anything away from them this past year, they beat the 3 best teams in the league in consecutive games.

The one play that really stands out the first year (besides the tuck game) is when the Pats were playing the Bills, the game was in OT and the Pats had the ball, Patten catches a pass and gets hit so hard by Keion Carpenter he drops the ball and is knocked out cold. Clements recovers the ball at the Bills 41. Bills ball right, wrong, refs say that even though Patten is out cold his leg is touching the ball while his head is laying out of bounds, so Pats ball.

WHAT!!!!! The guy is out cold, does not have any posession of the ball but his leg is touching and that is considered possession. That is luck, if that's the rule that's the rule, but what are the odds.

Just a little earlier Price catches what very well could have been the winning TD (final score was 12-9 in OT)but the refs call him out of bounds, and of course the brain trust coach of the Bills Gregg Williams doesn't call for a review, amazing part is he was known for calling reviews all season when there was nothing to review.

To top it off, if the Bills win this game the Fins have the division and a first round bye.

Just goes to show a little luck can go a long way.

Agreed, excellent points. The Patriots were amazing this past year, they just steamrolled the entire league.

That Bills game was INSANE. Price had the TD and then Patten gets knocked out and keeps possession of the ball on one of the strangest plays I've ever seen in ANY sport. That was an excellent and exciting game for any football fan.

And if I remember correctly, the Buffalo weather played a HUGE factor, a couple of missed field goals in that game as well. Lindell was still the kicker for the Bills that year, correct??

FaninPatsyLand said:
Agreed, excellent points. The Patriots were amazing this past year, they just steamrolled the entire league.

That Bills game was INSANE. Price had the TD and then Patten gets knocked out and keeps possession of the ball on one of the strangest plays I've ever seen in ANY sport. That was an excellent and exciting game for any football fan.

And if I remember correctly, the Buffalo weather played a HUGE factor, a couple of missed field goals in that game as well. Lindell was still the kicker for the Bills that year, correct??

Yeah...the Patten play against the Bills was nutty...but I think you guys are missing what the call was. They didn't say Patten had possession...the call was that the ball was in contact with Patten who was out of bounds (unconscious basically)...therefore the ball was out of bounds...Pats ball. Again...the correct call...but very fortunate for my Pats.

burghPhinFan said:
How about McGinnest's 'hurt' leg in the Indy game, bought them time to regroup and stop Indy from driving, (funny how two of their guys were 'hurt' at the same time) hurt him so bad that he was able to sprint dwon the field after they won. I saw a couple blown no-calls in the Pats-Texans game and I think and Pats-Titans game. But screw 'em I think their time is finally over. time for the
Saban era!!

There is a differnece between cheating (breaking the rules) and a smart play that pisses people off. We've been known to call timeouts we don't have to rattle placekickers. By the way...you have the single greatest avatar and quote I've ever seen on any message board anywhere. The only one that was close was a shot of Super Dave Osborne...you have good taste in comedy my friend.

WestCoastPhins said:
the thing about the tuck rule is not that its unclear, its that it didnt exits. I dont remember that bills play, but if refs messed that up they are idiots.

OK.....uuuummmm....what?

Were they lucky in 2003 when they lost more players to injury than any other team in the NFL?

Also, that year they had the toughest schedule in the league. Including playoffs, they faced 10 teams that ended up with 10 or more wins. Despite the injuries, they finished 10-0 against those teams.

Compare that to the undefeated Dolphins team, which had one of the weakest schedules in history.

dropKickMurphy said:
which had one of the weakest schedules in history.

Link?

Also, the Dolphins didn't have home field advantage like they do today. They had to go on the road in the playoffs.

Ho-hum. It has become oh-so-fashionable-and-trendy to bash and criticize the Patriots. :shakeno:

I guess it is a lot easier to create threads stating the Pats are cheaters rather than look inward and ask your managment why you haven't even been to a Super Bowl win or lose since '84.

All good though. Sorry to interrupt.

Back
Top Bottom