Patriots inch ahead of Miami Dolphins with offseason moves | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Patriots inch ahead of Miami Dolphins with offseason moves

BAMAPHIN 22

FinHeaven Elite
Reaction score
The chase for a playoff spot and the AFC East title went to the final game last season, when the Dolphins leaned across the tape just ahead of the annoying, unrelenting Patriots.

But the race for division preeminence that seemingly was won during the last week of the 2008 season somehow continues as we celebrate the spring of 2009.

The Dolphins, again competitive and relevant after quenching a seven-year playoff drought, have not been allowed a victory lap after winning last season's race. The Patriots stripped the Dolphins of that honor because someone failed to inform them their pursuit should cease in the offseason.

http://www.miamiherald.com/1190/story/950585.html

Yay, they sign every FA available, just like every offseason, what's new?

umm.. this is every year.. the pats sign every vet free agent available.. we look to the draft..

the patriots in IMO were already a far better team, Brady back in the mix easily puts them ahead, fred taylor although older should thrive in that O. Also Moss Welker Galloway and te Watson are keaps and bounds ahead of our wr/te. They have a great oline and there D is one of the best as well, so for them to say inch ahead of us is an understatement and lets not forget one of the best minds in football calling the shots. I am a phin fan till the end i hate the patsies, just calling it how i see it

The Patriots were a better team imo last year, but definitely beatable. They signed some FA's, but they also don't have the youth Miami has. The fact that they had to sign those FA's is proof that they have holes just like everyone else. We had 5 starters who were rookies last year. Those guys will be better this year, and we will probably add a few more rookies starters this year. Anything is possible, and I'm looking forward to being the underdog again.

We'll see if losing Pioli will hurt them in the draft. We have a top notch front office now, so I think Miami can make some strides there.

Wow, shock and awe yet another garbage article from the herald.

It's all good. Karma has caught up with that team. First the tape/cheating incident, and now the Larry Izzo steroid thing. Brady will be rusty, and who knows how the knee will be. The took a big risk letting Cassel go. It could get ugly, quick for them, and they still have old LB's.

It's all good. Karma has caught up with that team. First the tape/cheating incident, and now the Larry Izzo steroid thing. Brady will be rusty, and who knows how the knee will be. The took a big risk letting Cassel go. It could get ugly, quick for them, and they still have old LB's.

I could not agree more with you about Cassel. Thhey are taking a big risk not keeping him but I dont think they could afford to hold onto him either it was entirely too much money to have wraped up in one postion. They would not of been able to "inch ahead of us" in FA if they would of kept him.:rolleyes2:

I hope all their signings work out and Brady comes back healed because they are going to need all that and more, if they are going to try to compete with the 2009 Dolphins.

Ya, Izzo is a Jet now, but was a Pat when the roid thing was going on.

Back
Top Bottom