Patriots lose Dont’a Hightower for season to torn pectoral | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Patriots lose Dont’a Hightower for season to torn pectoral

Maybe our luck is finally turning. We need to win tonight. Pats best Defensive player out for the year

The year we finally sweep them will be cause for celebration. Still in the running this year....by default at least, but seems mote possible than in recent years...especially if it turns out we have a QB that can actually run an offense.

I hate to say it but I think they'll still win the division easily and get deep into the playoffs. Bellicheet and Brady will come up with something to combat that big loss. That being said I won't cry if they if they fall to second or third place in a Division I just don't see it.

Last edited:
Injuries don't matter to them. Plug the next guy in and go. Won't affect them at all. Never does.

that's a big loss...gonna insert McClellan in his place probably

hightower has played mostly on the los this year though...

Injuries don't matter to them. Plug the next guy in and go. Won't affect them at all. Never does.

Nope. Losing Gronk hurt. Edelman hurt. 3 Olsen hurt. The question is how much. Losing Hightower will hurt against good Os. Not so much against bad Os.

It never easy when you lose a star player but they just keep on winning. They could be 3-4 and won games that seemed lost at one point or another. Till we beat them and win the division I'm not counting them out

Ozzy rules!!

The Pats are to some extent enjoying smoke and mirrors similar to the Dolphins' success this year, in that they've surrendered an opposing passer rating of 103.8 (the Dolphins 102.9), which is third-worst in the league and has been associated with a 4-12 regular season record on average since 2004. The loss of Hightower doesn't stand to help that any, of course.

The difference with the Patriots, however, is that their offensive passer rating is 108.3, which is also uncannily high and explains their winning record. Tom Brady is in essence overcoming their defensive ineptitude.

The Dolphins on the other hand are suffering through an offensive passer rating of 78.1, and so the fact that they have a record similar to New England's is truly remarkable.

Really sucks we don't have stability at QB. This year is WIDE open!! I truly believe we're undefeated with Ryan at QB. Stranger things have happened. Moore can rally a team. He's done it before let's see what he's all about tonight. Sucks for Donta but finally the Pats have to deal with serious talent lost.

Back
Top Bottom