Patriots LOVE-FEST... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Patriots LOVE-FEST...

FrankP

Starter
Reaction score
I don't know what feed you guys in the states are getting, but up here in Canada, we got the 'local announcer' feed for the Pats/Bengals feed...

I could not stand it anymore. Now, I am one that respects the heck out of an organisation that could win 3 super-bowls in 4 years... I just can't understand blind faith though... The comments on how the Pats are going to be AMAZING, almost UNBEATABLE this season were just driving me crazy. Comments like:
- The Pats are going to be incredible because all of their positions are set for players and coaches...no battles
--> WHAT!? No problems anywhere? No LB issues?
- The Pats are set because they only needed to improve 15%-20% to keep up and they improved ABOVE AND BEYOND that and the rest of the league has to catch up...
--> First off, what does that even mean? Second...HOW does anyone have the proof they improved by loosing 2 coordinators, the heart and soul of their defense, some other players..? They MAY have improved... but it's sure not set in stone...
- And the list goes on and on... as to how they will be quasi-unbeatable again...

Now, as I said, I respect their team a whole lot (while also not liking it a bit, since they are...well... The lucky Pats...), but come on. I'm not even jealous and I know they are the champions until proven otherwise... but COME ON... stop with this insanity of giving them their threepeat... And man-o-man are they ever 1 injury away from BIG-TIME trouble... they better keep Brady in a vault against injuries, their other QB's... Beurk. Davey is plain ol' bad and Cassel is novelty...something like Berlin doing good against 4th stringers...

Anyways... I just needed to vent... Sorry for this rambling, I just know 1 thing in sports, NOTHING is won. And I personally believe that this season, the Pats have a MILLION things to prove...

Sorry again...
I'm out...

Again, it is Oh-So-Fashionable-And-Trendy to bash and criticize the Patriots. It never ends.

:sleep:

Wagon Circler said:
A healthy amount of pats bashing is essential to a well balanced diet.

:lol: It's part of this complete Breakfast.

...along with Buffalo Burgers.

...but I agree with Dirty Water. It is fashionable to bash New England. Hell, I am fully prepared for in a few years when Nick Saban leads us to three or four SuperBowls and everyone will bash Miami.

BRING IT ON BIATCHES!!

Hey Wagon, that sig is lookin' tight! I think I may have outdone myself! :lol:

FrankP said:
I don't know what feed you guys in the states are getting, but up here in Canada, we got the 'local announcer' feed for the Pats/Bengals feed...

I could not stand it anymore. Now, I am one that respects the heck out of an organisation that could win 3 super-bowls in 4 years... I just can't understand blind faith ............................

WTF is that thing in your avatar

the pats are really really good. the announcers put them on pedestals because they used to be ignored. Really hard to hate a team that does all the right things, dont have problems in camp, and just go out and win football games. Trust me, I am working on hating them, but it is so much easier with the jets and bills.

Timmy54 said:
the pats are really really good. the announcers put them on pedestals because they used to be ignored. Really hard to hate a team that does all the right things, dont have problems in camp, and just go out and win football games. Trust me, I am working on hating them, but it is so much easier with the jets and bills.

That's just because you know your Fishies aren't in the same class as them, although the Fishies got real lucky once last year (hey, even a clock that doesn't run is right twice a day!). You think the Fishies are in the same class as the Bills and Jets, so those teams are "easier" to hate. Of course, you'll find out again this season that it ain't so.:D

A little clarification to all this, I did not 'bash' the Pats, in fact I said I really admired what they did, even though I am a Dolphins fan and can't stand it!

I said that I hated local announcers of the Pats making it as if they had nothing to prove and they should just hand the Pats a threepeat... AND, that I believe they have to prove it before I admit they are better than last year because I see some questions marks.

Also, don't believe they have ''no problems'' in training camp, they had a holdout, some scuffles, like EVERY team...they just have a hella marketing deptarment that twists all that in their favor and keep the bad vibes out...

WTF is that thing in your avatar

It's The Cheat from the homestarrunner website!

FrankP said:
It's The Cheat from the homestarrunner website!

:confused: i'm still confused, is it supposed to be an animal, pokemon or a yellow sea lion thats overweight with spots??

Da Cheat is a character from a cartoon website.....go to www.homestarrunner.com to find out more. Check out the Strongbad E-Mails.......they're works of art.

Anyway....you can't complain about local announcers praising the local team....you find that in EVERY city. I dont know of many home town announcers who AREN'T homers. Seriously.

And that holdout was really not a problem, it ended quickly and those involved refused to take it to the media and kept it behind closed doors. Thats why you can say there were no training camp issues.

Im a huge Patriots fan, Its been great being crowned a dynasty with 3 sb wins out of 4 years. but you have to understand that the patriots were an absolute disgrace before Kraft hired Bellichick. A little history. I can remember growing up as a kid listening to the radio saturday night hearing the game wont be televised from foxbourgh because the game wasnt sold out. They were that bad. Remember the toilet bowl game? 1st round picks in guys that turned out to be stiffs? Kraft even threatened to move the team to Rhode Island. The only bright spot was john hannah. Then the Patriots slip there way into the sb against the bears in 86. They got their @ss kicked in. The game was over by the second half. Then Parcells comes in brings a bunch of tallented players in and gets the team into the sb. The days before the game against the packers parcells told a reporter hed quit after the season. Of course an idiot collumnist publisized it and in my opionion messed up the pats concentration.They could have won that game. Then Parcells takes off takes curtis martin with him to the jets and screws us. bledsoe drives the team to a couple mediocre seasons before Bellichick gets hired brings weis and crennel and along comes the pats savior tom brady.

It is pretty sad how many people suck up to our organization...although you cannot blame them for jumping on the bandwagon. Most people would not like them bashing good teams.

Kinzua said:
That's just because you know your Fishies aren't in the same class as them, although the Fishies got real lucky once last year (hey, even a clock that doesn't run is right twice a day!). You think the Fishies are in the same class as the Bills and Jets, so those teams are "easier" to hate. Of course, you'll find out again this season that it ain't so.:D

Removed by mod

Back
Top Bottom