patriots play the undefeated saints next 5-0

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by MarshallFin1, Oct 7, 2013.

1. MarshallFin1

MarshallFin1 Banned Hammered

which means if we win our next game and the saints beat the pats, we tie for the division lead?

2. Nublar7

Nublar7 Retired Finheaven VIP

Our bye week throws a wrench in the ability to be tied with them. Since we don't play next week, if the Patriots lose to the Saints, they would still be in 1st place because they would be 4-2 and we would be 3-2. If we beat the Bills we would improve to 4-2 but the Patriots play the Jets on that same day. So either we would still be in second(Pats 5-2, Miami 4-2) or alone in 1st(Miami 4-2, Patriots 4-3).

3. DzakkH13

DzakkH13 Winning is a Habit Donator

We'll be a 0.5 game back if they're 4-2 and we're 3-2.
    If we beat the Bills and the Patsies be the Jest, we'll still be a 0.5 game behind at 4-2 and the Patsies at 5-2.

4. Ilovemyfins4eva

Ilovemyfins4eva A True Fan Donator

we should just worry about beating the patriots in a few weeks if we want to have a chance at the division.

however, if we somehow lost to freaking thad lewis at qb for the bills, the dolphins should not bother showing up at foxboro for that game.

5. 1972fins

1972fins Well-Known Member

The Pats already beat the Jests and the Bills even if we beat the Bills the Pats would have at least one more win in the division.
    Lets beat the Bills and worry about the Pats when we play them, I saw most of the game in Cinci and if RT played like Brady they all be calling for Moore

6. Nublar7

Thad Lews is starting this week for them, but why do I get the feeling that Matt Flynn will be starting against us?

7. DzakkH13

DzakkH13 Winning is a Habit Donator

That would be a great move.....for us!

8. MarshallFin1

beating the pats for us is never easy, but who knows, maybe new Orleans will show us how its done.

---------- Post added at 04:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:31 PM ----------

we need to just run over buffalo, get our rhythym back.

9. joenhre

joenhre Starter Donator

I wouldn't count on the Patriots losing to the Saints. There is a good chance that they will be 6-1 when the Dolphins play them. Which is one reason why winning that Baltimore game was so important. If the Dolphins beat the Bills in two weeks they COULD still be playing for first place in the division. If they had beaten Baltimore they WOULD be playing for first place.

If the Dolphins fail to to improve their blocking up front I really wouldn't worry about what the Patriots or any other team is doing because the Dolphins won't be sniffing the playoffs.

However if the Dolphins do improve their blocking up front then things will be a whole lot different. The Patriots have a tougher schedule the rest of the way. So the Dolphins will have a shot at the Division if they can just improve their offensive line and get healthy on defense. Just hope that losing the game against the Ravens doesn't come back to haunt us.

10. Ilovemyfins4eva

Ilovemyfins4eva A True Fan Donator

agreed. although i deff think the saints have the ability to beat the pats in foxboro, the pats rarely lose 2 games in a row. also, the saints r not the same mighty offense they r inside there dome, and it is possible gronk maybe coming back this week.

truth is, we need to take care of business vs the pats for any chance at the division. we lost to the ravens, so now we cant afford to drop a game vs teams such as the chargers, panthers, bills or jets for example.

split with the pats, and we can afford to lose 1 more game outside of that. otherwise, we r looking at wildcard or nothing.

we dolphin fans like to say how our toughest part of the schedule is done with, and while thats true, after this week, the pats will have already played the saints, falcons, bengals ( who we still need to play) went to buffalo which will not be an easy game in late december especially if manuel is playing.

all i know is that if we were to lose to buffalo the week following our bye, this place is going to be insane in a bad way and no one would be able to blame them.

11. finfan54

finfan54 A True Fan Donator

pats put up 6 points on cincy w/ an overrated andy Dalton. brees will chew upnew England.

12. realdolphin

realdolphin Starter

well the referees did it again by not calling 3 interference plays on Julio jones and not happy with that they called offensive pass interference WTF !!!!!!! this league is screwed. the jets are 3-2 also.

13. MarshallFin1

if someone gave me 1000$ to bet on this game il put everything on the saints to win it. Jimmy graham, drew brees, sproles, coltston, too much firepower on that saints offense as we have learned.

14. Nublar7

hmm

15. DuderinoN703

DuderinoN703 I can get you a toe Finheaven VIP Donator

Good thing that never happened

16. Roman529

Roman529 Moon Runner / The 3 AM Crew

The Pats cheated the Saints out of a win. In the final two minutes the refs missed a Pats defensive player lining up in the neutral zone plus a blatant holding call.....but the Saints played "not to lose." Oh well...only two unbeatens left and they play each other twice in the AFC West.

17. DolfanAdam

DolfanAdam Scout Team

Serious question after watching this game, does anyone else find the Patriots success ratio to be a tad fishy? I'm not gonna bother digging up stats, but just from watching their games over the last decade I think the law of averages would preclude any team from pulling as many wins out of their *** at the last second as these guys do. No matter how many injuries or personnel changes they encounter they still dominate. Even without Brady they went 11-5 with Matt Cassel, you put Cassel with KC and now Minnesota and he stinks it up in both cities. Literally the only consistent piece of the puzzle has been Bill Belichik, except you look at his time coaching in Cleveland before he arrived at NE, and his overall record was 36–44, he had only 1 winning season there.

I often feel like I'm watching something scripted, it feels like every NE game is built to give them the ball with 2 mins on the clock, even in the last few weeks, from the video replay machine not working, to a BS unnecessary roughness call, and not seeing Brees call for a timeout yesterday, it seems like EVERYTHING sways in their favor. Literally the only way they seem to lose is if the team playing them dominates them in such a way that the refs can't make their "officiating" look realistic. I hope I don't sound like I'm wearing a tin foil hat here, but honestly can you think of any other team with as many last minute miraculous wins? It feels like a Stallone movie where he survives a million impossible jumps out of exploding buildings...this kinda stuff just doesn't happen in real life. I'm convinced Kraft has Goodell on his pay roll or something.

18. MarshallFin1

saints had the game won, it was the safe bet but upsets happen what u going to do.

19. mrbunglez

mrbunglez Reading Is Fundamental Donator

There were so many iffy calls in that game against the saints it isn't even funny.

The one I clearly remember was when Brees called a timeout before he threw that Int. And the refs didn't even bother stopping play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

20. elite14eva

elite14eva Yashu Mane!!! Donator

what about when brady threw the ball & the ball clearly hit the ground?

21. z926538

z926538 Rookie

The big point to take out of the Pats beating the Saints isn't that the Pats won. It is that they were competitive with the Saints while the Dolphins were not. There are a handful of elite teams in this league. The Pats and Saints are on that list. The Dolphins, in spite of Jeff Ireland's gazillion dollar free agent spending spree, are not.

22. J. David Wannyheimer

J. David Wannyheimer 5 Years of Posting Excellence. Finheaven VIP Donator

The Saints, like the Seahawks, are on another level when they are at home, and pretty beatable on the road. Those two teams definitely have some Jekyll and Hyde dynamic going on.

Right now the Denver Broncos are clearly the best team in the NFL, and it's not even close. They will play anyone anywhere and be the better team.

The only question is whether or not Peyton Manning will go all Peyton Manning in the playoffs in bad weather again.

23. dolpns13

dolpns13 Chest Rockwell is my hero Donator

Take into account the venue. Has the Ratriots played in NO, its pretty much a guarantee that NE gets beat, and maybe handidly