Patriots RELEASE AJ Francis | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Patriots RELEASE AJ Francis

I'd mentioned it when they'd first signed him... this was info gathering, he and the OL kid they also picked up from us.

I had the over under at 10 days, can't recall the exact date he signed with them, but wasn't far off it.

Hope this was all planned and he comes back to the Fins, shakes Ireland's hand while saying mission accomplished!

I always wonder how that process works

"Hey kid, welcome to NE! Why not tell us everything you know about Miami's playbook?"

Do these players actually cooperate with this? Especially if you're someone that would be lucky to make a roster, wouldn't the years of this kind of stuff be evidence to them that they're just being used? Dan Carpenter in the span of a month has played for 3/4th of the AFC East, don't these guys get they're being played?

But... But.... But I thought he was a future pro bowler??? Why would Billy boy release him? How could he let that talent go?

Ireland probably won't even give Francis a second thought. He'd probably rather re-sign someone like Ryan Baker for the 500th time.

No one ever said Francis was a future pro bowler. The hoopla surrounding his release was more about the Starks and Soliai situation at the end of the season, where both are F/A. With AJ showing promise in camp, he was some sort of insurance against losing either one or both of them. With the antic's of Soliai's agent David Cantor today, you now would think those fans up in arms over the release of Francis had some good reasoning behind the anguish, considering the teams cut down moves. Whatever the reasoning behind his release by the Patriot's, at least it may give Miami another chance to get him on the PS to continue his development and possibly help add depth for 2014 and some protection against F/A.

Last edited by a moderator:
I always wonder how that process works

"Hey kid, welcome to NE! Why not tell us everything you know about Miami's playbook?"

Do these players actually cooperate with this? Especially if you're someone that would be lucky to make a roster, wouldn't the years of this kind of stuff be evidence to them that they're just being used? Dan Carpenter in the span of a month has played for 3/4th of the AFC East, don't these guys get they're being played?

Good question. I always wondered the same. I wonder if the new iPad playbooks have some sort of anti-sharing encryption?

I would ps squad him. Worth a project

Back
Top Bottom