"Patriots run at perfection two years ago renders the '72 Dolphins less relevant" | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"Patriots run at perfection two years ago renders the '72 Dolphins less relevant"

beck2ginn4TD

Scout Team
Reaction score
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_y...slug=ms-thegameface121109&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

"Yet a part of me will always adore the ’07 Patriots, because Tom Brady(notes) and the boys did us a great service for which we should all be grateful: By obliterating the mystique of the perfect season, the Pats rendered the 1972 Miami Dolphins far less relevant. And that, football fans, is a beautiful thing."

"And still, for all of the improbability of the situation, there’s a decided lack of noise coming from South Florida: No Mercury Morris rapping. No Bob Kuechenberg yapping. No Don Shula spewing out sour grapes or talk of Bob Griese, Dick Anderson, Nick Buoniconti and company getting ready to pop champagne."

Michael Silver=*******

What the hell is he crying about? Sounds like a pissed off girl

This is one of the dumbest things I've read in a long time and we really find some dumb stuff sometimes:rolleyes2:

There were perfect regular seasons before the Dolphins too in the 30s and 40s, Bears and Giants I believe. The Patriots fail made it that much more relevant. If the Saints and/or Colts go the regular season unbeaten get ready for tons of Mercury and the Gang, the Greatest team in NFL history:)

I don't understand this guy. Teams have come undefeated before the 1972 Dolphins but they didn't win the Super Bowl or a Championship. Not sure if I have the years correct but I think 1948 or 1949 the Browns went undefeated, they were not part of the NFL at that time though. And I believe the 1942 Bears were undefeated but lost to the Redskins in the Championship game. So if anything, the Patriots' 2007 season resembles more like the 1942 Bears than the 1972 Dolphins.

That's the significant difference about the 1972 Dolphins compared to the Patriots, the Bears, and the Browns. The Dolphins' actually won the Championship.

/edit
Just checked to see how accurate my post was. It was the 1948 Browns. And I completely forgot about the 1930 Bears, they were 13-0 and lost to the New York Giants in the championship game.

imo, as good as the '07 patises were, the fact that even they couldn't seal the deal makes what the Dolphins did even larger.
these patsy fans can rationalize and revise history in their own minds all they want, but that season will remain as one of the biggest choke-jobs in history
before that game, I accepted the possibilty of someone joining the '72 Dolphins in perfectville. I felt if they could do it, they deserved it. but with all the whining and disrespect since then, I'm happy to rub it in their faces even more.

wow, the 72 dolphins team less relevant ?

is it really hard to see the difference between 17 - 0 superbowl champ and 18 - 1 superbowl losers ? ???

**** him

During the NE v Miami game this past weekend, this radio show host from NE sitting in the 409 section just behind me was trash talking the Dolphins. I was trashing back at him.

"You should be kissing our rings," he said as NE went up 14-0 at the beginning of the 2nd quarter.

"I'll tell ya what," I responded. "I'll kiss that really awesome undefeated season ring. Who's got that ring?"

The fin fans laughed and applauded.

Then I added..."That logo on your hat of the Patriot bending over...nice timing on wearing that, by the way...."

It makes it more relevant!!! It showed just how difficult it is too achieve the entire goal...which includes the SB...not just the regular season!!! If a team like the ones the Pats had could do it...then it shows just how difficult it really is.

The writer is a moron...have him call Mercury and he can explain it to him...

I almost always find whining about what sports columnists write to be childish and silly, but in this case... wow. What a petulant, inane bit of Pats-licking drivel that is.

His point seems to be that the Pats' SB failure has shown that an undefeated season COULD be done, therefore the 72 Fins' achievement isn't such a big deal. The truth, of course, is that the Pats glorious failure just underscores how tough it is go close the deal.

And I say this as someone who enjoys our team's 17-0 distinction, but think many Fin fans make far too much out of it.

Note to Michael Silver: 18-1 is just another Super Bowl loser, nothing less and nothing more. Get over it.

Hmmmm, ask yourself if those 2007 Pats will be remembered for all of those games they won, or the one they lossed. End of F-ing story. Why hate, you just end up looking, well....., like this guy.

I suspect his real problem is that the 72 vets get on his nerves with the champagne toasts and all that. I guess I can understand that, but he's made himself look like an *** by claiming the SB-choking loser Pats have anything to do with it.

And the thought of another SB with an undefeated team, putting the Fins old-timers on TV all over again for two weeks, must be driving him nuts.

Whoever wrote this is a complete *******! You know nothing about football if you make statements like this! Do some research and learn about the history of the teams before you make idiotic comments about past events.

wait a minute now 7 years ago the media was making a big deal about the 72 season and now they want it the other way. I want to say this anti dolphins proaganda was started by some ******* patriots media people not by Mercury or Shula.

ALL THE DOLPHINS WANTED WAS REPSECT AND THEY GOT SNUBBED CONITUOUSLY.

THE MEDIA created this frenzy but some pats fans have gotten jobs in high places so now they want to demonize the dolphins because of their jobs allow it.

the dolphins seriously need to get some former fins into the media so we can defend our team or this will get worse.

Back
Top Bottom