Pats Wide Receivers... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pats Wide Receivers...

LibertineOneThree

There's no S in McDaniel.
Club Member
Reaction score
Who are they going to cut?

Presumably, Moss, Stallworth, Welker, Washington and Either Caldwell or Brown are pretty safe. That would leave either Reche Caldwell or Troy Brown and Jabar Gaffney teamless.

Who do you think will make the final squad and what teams will the cut players wind up on?

Were did you get this info
TroyBrown - Still a FA and just had a Knee surgery .
Washington - you mean the WR who kept dropping balls in the minicamp last week?.

that leave Moss,stallworth ,Wes,Cadwell,Jabbar - current WR in pratice and the pats do carry 5 WRs.Cadwell the No1 guy in minicamp w/jabbar as they most familar with brady and i see them either 1 always on the feild during game situations wih others thrown in.

In camp Moss was lining up in slot a bit and wes was running along the sidelines in certain formations .stallworth is the fastest WR by far .
Predictions= Washington Cut
Troy Brown =when is ready comes in due to injury or IRed.

Don't forget Chad Jackson, their 2nd round pick last year from UF.
The guy tore his ACL in 07 in Jan against the colts. He will be in IR atleast for a while as the recovery period is atleast a 10-12 months , i would guess IR in 07 season.

The guy tore his ACL in 07 in Jan against the colts. He will be in IR atleast for a while as the recovery period is atleast a 10-12 months , i would guess IR in 07 season.

Probably not IR because his injury should not take as long as ACL normally do. The tear was only slight so he had surgery almost immediately (normally you have to wait several months for the swelling to go down) which should make his recovery that much quicker. Apparently he should have the OK to start running this month. I wouldn't be suprised if he was ready for the season but I think they will put him on PUP anyway because we have so many wide recievers and there is no need to rush him. My wide receiver roster:

Moss
Stallworth
Welker
Caldwell
Gaffney

PUP:
Chad Jackson
Troy Brown

Troy Brown is likely to retire he may also join the team as a coach.
Caldwell and Gaffney know the system the best right now. Stallworth, Moss, and Welker are locks. Jackson will be on PUP for the first 6-8 weeks then he may play or go to IRL. Washington is the bubble guy he may not make the team.

Washington's a guy who I feel has pissed a TON of talent away.

Watching him in College, I was damn near amazed at how fluidly he ran his routes and his explosive breakaway ability. I thought, and still think, the guy can be a decent NFL Wideout if he only pulls his head out of his rear end.

Also, he just signed a 5 year deal with the Pats. I think he's safe and Gaffney's on the block.. That's just me though.

The latest reports have said that it was not a complete tear of his ACL, and Jackson should be able to make it back for at least part of training camp. Even so I wouldn't be shocked if they put him on the PUP list for the first 8 weeks of the season, seeing that they shouldn't have any reason to rush him into games.

I think Caldwell stays just because he has worked with Brady and Belichick likes him.

Don't forget, Caldwell looked 10 times better than Washington at Mini-camp. It's only one camp but over the long haul thety all have to earn a spot, that includes Moss. If there is one thing B.B has proved, that is he keeps the best "players", not names, unlike like alot of teams.

If Chad Jackson comes back healthy, he gets an auto in at the #5. I don't think they are willing to cut him after trading up for him in the '06 draft.

Back
Top Bottom