Patterson Vs. Allen | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Patterson Vs. Allen

malzacher

Scout Team
Reaction score
Wanted to see who y'all really think is the better option/player for Miami? Patterson played one year and just looks raw, we've gone down that road before with raw players. IMO Allen may not be as "flashy" (some think), than Allen, but Allen looks polished and WCO ready. For Tannehill to get better, quicker, Allen is the way to go IMO.

I'm iffy on both, but if I had to pick one, I would go with Patterson. Personally I think it would be great to go with a pass rusher at 12 (or Dee Milner if he falls somehow) then trade up to the late first to get Tavon Austin.

We've seen those players in the league And they seem to not develope as well as some others. He's on the smaller side so I wouldn't take him in the first (Austin) let alone trade back up. If he falls to us in the second and your looking for playmakers, I think that would be more justified. Free agency will dictate how the draft goes.

allen is more pro ready without a doubt and fits the system. patterson is a more explosive threat that fits our system but may take a year or two to develop. would love to have them both

Neither in the first round, I think. I'm not a big fan of Allen's so I'd consider Patterson at 42 if he was still there. Probably leaning towards Banks at 12, depending on how FA shakes out.

BPA at 12 .. then if DeAndre Hopkins or Zach Ertz manages to fall to us in the 2nd round we should snatch one of them up (preferably Hopkins)

I remember this was a thread that was started about two months ago, maybe longer. Before I went with Keenan Allen due to his physicality. Now I'm going to allow myself a flip-flop and go with Cordarrelle Patterson.

I think the common pitfalls people fall into with Patterson on a first glance (and I know this because I fell into them myself) are thinking 1) He's not physical enough, 2) He's a body catcher.

It took watching all of his tape for me to dispel those myths. What you end up realizing is that he's actually very competition physically and he's got a lot of very natural wide receiver ball skills.

They held the All Star Skills Challenge recently. The wide receiver gauntlet featured Robert Woods and Cordarrelle Patterson to go with Matt Elam and Kenny Vaccaro. Patterson won by a good margin of course but what was interesting was watching him versus Robert Woods on the JUGS. It's clear Patterson's hands are on a different level.

I remember this was a thread that was started about two months ago, maybe longer. Before I went with Keenan Allen due to his physicality. Now I'm going to allow myself a flip-flop and go with Cordarrelle Patterson.

Based on what though. Just his sheer elusiveness and big play ability? Or do you see us being able to polish him up in a year or so?

Im all for drafting Patterson at any spot possible, its been a while since I've seen elusiveness like his and i want him in a Phins uni in the worst way.

Based on what though. Just his sheer elusiveness and big play ability? Or do you see us being able to polish him up in a year or so?

Based on a full account of his film showing me he's a lot more physical than I gave him credit for being, and his hands are actually very good with the possible exception of one kind of catch which I think he can work on over time.

I'd like to go with Allen and pick up markus Wheaton with a later pick.

I see so many similarities between Allen and Brandon Marshall

Even though physicality is something in Keenan Allen's favor...it's not like it was with Brandon Marshall. Marshall was an animal physically. That's why I wanted him so badly in the 3rd round that year. Marques Colston too, same year.

Back
Top Bottom