Paul Pasqualoni and Syracuse ties... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Paul Pasqualoni and Syracuse ties...

AJW42083

Starter
Reaction score
After all the recent news and reading into Paul Pasqualoni's prior experience I got to thinking... Kelvin Smith our 7th round pick from last year went to Syracuse and played for him for 3 years. Then while looking through the roster I noticed that he is not the only one, but Will Allen also played for Paul P at Syracuse before being drafted in the first round by the Giants in '01.

I found some interesting articles... here is an exerpt from Kelvin Smith after he was drafted last April...

(On how the adjustment to playing inside was his last two seasons at Syracuse and how making the adjustment to the outside will be for him) – “It’s not going to be hard at all. I was coached by Paul Pasqualoni, who now works for Dallas. He taught me a lot my first three years at Syracuse about playing outside. He made me a very physical linebacker and being able to work in space. I’m used to it. I can play inside and out. It’s not going to be a hard change for me, if I would have to do that.â€

and the whole article can be found here... http://www.miamidolphins.com/newsite/news/top_story.asp?contentID=5148&lid=5148

Does anyone else feel that after, atleast what I feel was a solid year by Will Allen he might even be better this season? Does this open a door for Kelvin Smith to step up or was he a late round filler? Thoughts?

and just as a random fact... Rob Konrad and Morlon Greenwood were both drafted out of Syracuse while Paul P. was coaching there...

I lived in Syracuse while Paul P. coached there. My parents still live in Syracuse and I visit often.

One thing I know about Coach Pasqualoni is that he was NOT a likeable guy. His recruiting suffered because he could, at some times, be very cold and unforgiving.

But one thing he was, I'll tell you, is an incredibly hard worker.

This guy bleeds football and will work his butt off to make the team better. He might not be the players favorite, and wasn't that great of a head coach, but I'm willing to bet he's going to be a great, hard working defensive coordinator for hopefully years to come.

Back
Top Bottom