Paul Soliai's play deserves praise | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Paul Soliai's play deserves praise

FinAtic8480

Active Roster
Reaction score
I believe something that has passed completely under the radar is the improved play of NT Paul Soliai. When Odrick went down a lot were worried because Starks would be moved back to DE and it was believed a hole would be left at the NT position, but that has not happen. Soliai has taken command on the NT position and I truly believe he will not be letting go of the starting position anytime soon. Paul's play has been great this offseason and it is really starting to show. He has proven his doubters wrong, show constant improvement each year and will only get better with experience and age. I hope this is just the beginning of better things to come from big Paul Soliai.

Great job Soliai, keep it up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice to see something positive on the board. He's played very well compared to the rest of his body of work. The thing that I've noticed most is his ability to get into the backfield rather than just taking up blockers. He's much quicker than I thought he was. I hope he continues to play this well because having Starks at DE is amazing.

Finatic I'll try, Ben Volin had it on his twitter, I'll go back and get it,

Not doubtinh you just want to read what was said.

On a side note how can some not get excited about this team with so many up and coming young players.

Glad to see Paul doing well especially in Miami.

Now, if Smith gets his act together, we could see 3 players from the real U starting for the phins.

Glad to see Paul doing well especially in Miami.

Now, if Smith gets his act together, we could see 3 players from the real U starting for the phins.

Misi is doing a good job for Miami as well and Smith has been good his last two games, good program you guys have going in Utah.

Up until this year Soliai was practically the most invisible member of our defense. That's not really a good thing as a guy his size is pretty hard to lose in the shuffle. But I agree with others who say that with him, he's not just taking up blockers, but he gets genuine penetration, which has to be a scary sight for any QB. Also, if he can hold down that NT job, we can keep Starks where will be most effective. I never liked moving him inside.

I believe something that has passed completely under the radar is the improved play of NT Paul Soliai. When Odrick went down a lot were worried because Starks would be moved back to DE and it was believed a hole would be left at the NT position, but that has not happen. Soliai has taken command on the NT position and I truly believe he will not be letting go of the starting position anytime soon. Paul's play has been great this offseason and it is really starting to show. He has proven his doubters wrong, show constant improvement each year and will only get better with experience and age. I hope this is just the beginning of better things to come from big Paul Soliai.

Great job Soliai, keep it up.

The only damn Samoan out of that 2007 class that is worth a damn. Great to see because NT is such a key position.

Back
Top Bottom