Pauline: Browns & Fins lining up a deal if Elliot available at pick 8 | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pauline: Browns & Fins lining up a deal if Elliot available at pick 8

When I say move up all the way, I mean to highest available spot, and if a team that drafted a QB this year ends up at the top, then they very well might trade out, especially if they will be getting a top 5 pick in return, and if the Browns can move up to 2nd with a team like that drafting 1st, that's just as good.

I fully expect the Browns to be picking top 5, and they can overpay to move up with all the picks they've acquired/possibly yet to acquire.

The only reason this theory popped into my head was the fact that they traded out of a "QB" spot this year, but Jackson may be flying on the JJ approach to drafting, get as many picks as possible, which I also think is a very good strategy.

First of all, I take any rumors this whole week with a BIG grain of salt, as it's smokescreen central for most teams all week. But if there is any thought of moving back up to 8 to get anybody, I surely hope we are not giving up a 2nd round pick in any year. I understand the analogy of that pick(s) being given up for the two players we got, but let's not forget the contracts that came with them and the potential risk that Philly didn't want anymore. I think a 3rd or later would be ok, but 2nd round picks (with the number of holes we still have) would be something we regret for a while. Not sure we are going to fill those much needed positions with late rounders and hope (oh, and weight-lifting).

was really dumb not resigning Miller

Transformers-Smokescreen-Autobots-www.transformerscustomtoys.com_.jpg

That is a picture of a transformer named Smokescreen. He turned into a car. This is all I have to add to this thread.

[video]https://youtu.be/8LQftYK2n8o[/video]

This must be historic... Has any team every trading back and then back up to the same draft slot in NFL draft history?

2Oj6Ao4v0QN32.gif

Sure:

Movies_DraftDay_Poster.jpg

^^^ still an upgrade over Tannenbaum

Forgive me for having missed the other previous 38 threads on Elliot. But the naysayers claim, and perhaps rightfully so, that you can get a RB in any round. But all the genuine experts actually involved in NFL and college scouting (not just forum warriors) say he's the next big thing. Well...perhaps any back works IF you have a solid line though, right?? When was the last time we had a solid line to make a mediocre back look even above average??

Maybe we should have kept Miller but not for that price and it's a moot point anyway. Why are so many people ready to jump off a bridge at the possibility of drafting what could be an absolute stud?? With a new coach that brings a lot of promise for the offense I would think that's an exciting prospect.

Now, I don't pretend to know as much as you guys do. I'm just a loyal fan since birth but I'd really like to know why so much disdain at that possibility. I personally would be damn excited to see this move.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forgive me for having missed the other previous 38 threads on Elliot. But the naysayers claim, and perhaps rightfully so, that you can get a RB in any round. But all the genuine experts actually involved in NFL and college scouting (not just forum warriors) say he's the next big thing. Well...perhaps any back works IF you have a solid line though, right?? When was the last time we had a solid line to make a mediocre back look even above average??

Maybe we should have kept Miller but not for that price and it's a moot point anyway. Why are so many people ready to jump off a bridge at the possibility of drafting what could be an absolute stud?? With a new coach that brings a lot of promise for the offense I would think that's an exciting prospect.

Now, I don't pretend to know as much as you guys do. I'm just a loyal fan since birth but I'd really like to know why so much disdain at that possibility. I personally would be damn excited to see this move.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Because we have bigger holes then at running back thats why. Our pass rush is a injury away from being non existent. We have holes all over the secondary. The O line is still a mess and a injury away from again being a turnstile.

Running backs are not the same thing like 15 years ago.

C.j Anderson/Ronnie Hillman, can't even name you the walk on New England used in the super bowl, Marshawn Lynch, Ray Rice, Ahmad Bradshaw/ Brandon Jacobs, James Starks.

Those are the running backs that won the past 5 years. Lynch was the lone first rounder and the defense in that game destroyed the Broncos. It's just a new age, it's just not smart to use a high pick on the position with the highest risk of injury and the shortest lifespan in the league.

Back
Top Bottom