Pauline: Fins seem "locked" in on Lamp at 22 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pauline: Fins seem "locked" in on Lamp at 22

Rhoadsy13

Starter
Reaction score
http://draftanalyst.com/da-draft-buzz-april-22-latest-word-miami-cincinnati

"Several people I’ve spoken with believe the Miami Dolphins are locked in on guard Forrest Lamp in Round 1. If a highly rated pass rusher is still available at pick 22, they may pass on Lamp and look for a guard in the second round.
The two names I’m hearing associated with the team in the second frame are Dorian Johnson and Isaac Asiata. If they land Lamp in the first round, sources tell me pass rusher becomes a priority on Day 2."

I'm torn on this, would love to shore up our OL but there is some good talent at DE & LB which would be nice to help the D.

I am starting to think the Dolphins leaked all of this Lamp talk to throw everyone off of there defensive selection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If the Dolphins take Lamp then NO WAY IN HELL they pick up the 5th year option on JuWuan James for next year at almost $9 mill as you can then swing Lamp to right tackle after this year and have a much cheaper right tackle and get a guard next year to fill in for Lamp or develop a guard you take later in this years draft.

That's the ONLY way taking a o-linemen in Rd 1 makes sense

I am starting to think the Dolphins leaked all of this Lamp talk to throw everyone off of there defensive selection.

Agreed

We need a 4-3 end and a linebacker. Bad.

---------- Post added at 09:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:31 PM ----------

Agreed

---------- Post added at 09:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:31 PM ----------

Agreed

---------- Post added at 09:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:32 PM ----------

Holy multiple posts batman

If the Dolphins take Lamp then NO WAY IN HELL they pick up the 5th year option on JuWuan James for next year at almost $9 mill as you can then swing Lamp to right tackle after this year and have a much cheaper right tackle and get a guard next year to fill in for Lamp or develop a guard you take later in this years draft.

That's the ONLY way taking a o-linemen in Rd 1 makes sense

Even though it's not my top choice, it makes sense because OG is a huge need and Lamp is a potential star there with versatility to cover OT in a pinch. What DOESN'T make sense is allowing a solid RT to walk and create yet another offensive line need. He'll get his 5th year pay or better yet, they'll sign him long term and we can possibly go at least one goddamn year without using a high pick on the ****ing o-line.

Are there any reliable sources a week before the draft?

That said, the logic is pretty sound in getting a pass rusher and guard early.

Lamps arms are too short to be an OT in the NFL.

Definitely too short!

ac211f31787322665d9e2e2f5d1b4ecf--steampunk-halloween-steampunk-diy.jpg

Pretty simple...Barnett available at 22, that's your pick, and if not it's Lamp. If both are gone, then it gets complicated. This is not conjecture, it's fact.

Well **** the Dolphins seem to need to spend a first round pick on every decent lineman. What happens next year when they need another guard? Another first round draft pick? When will it end?

Answer: when the Dolphins are actually able to get late round OL starters that aren't trash or respectable free agents without overpaying (front office has totally missed on both of these)

Pretty simple...Barnett available at 22, that's your pick, and if not it's Lamp. If both are gone, then it gets complicated. This is not conjecture, it's fact.

Nah, if both are gone, and so are Haason Reddick and Reuben Foster (more than likely), my pick is Charles Harris.

We need pass rush and he's the most polished in that range.

Back
Top Bottom