Peja Stojakovic Signs with New Orleans Hornets | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Peja Stojakovic Signs with New Orleans Hornets

Vlad Radmonovich signed with the Lakers today as well. He should give them a nice outside scoring presence which should help alleivate the TRIPLE teams Kobe gets.

Rumors abound that they are in the mix for Al Harirngton on a S & T.

Samphin said:
Vlad Radmonovich signed with the Lakers today as well. He should give them a nice outside scoring presence which should help alleivate the TRIPLE teams Kobe gets.

Rumors abound that they are in the mix for Al Harirngton on a S & T.

Harrington is most likely to either sign with chicago or be part of a deal to the knicks that would send the hawks stephon marbury :wink: :wink: :wink:

Vlad should help kobe, but hes going to be an off the bench player at best cause he cant defend a bank with a machine gun :chuckle:

Why would Al Harrington sign with the Bulls? There's no future for him there.

As for the Hornets, how stupid. They were building a nice, young team there and now they're overpaying one of the league's most worthless players. Peja is a pure jumpshooter now, he's proven that he is nothing more and he won't show up for the team when it counts the most. I wouldn't give him more than the MLE.....

Blueprint said:

As for the Hornets, how stupid. They were building a nice, young team there and now they're overpaying one of the league's most worthless players. Peja is a pure jumpshooter now, he's proven that he is nothing more and he won't show up for the team when it counts the most. I wouldn't give him more than the MLE.....

Come on man, he's one of the best shooters in the NBA.

Also, look beyond basketball. Look what the city of New Orleans needs.

A big name. An all-star.
This is a boost for the team and the city in it's revitalization.

Good for Peja and the city of New Orleans.

Chris Paul is going to be that model citizen/All-Star that the city needs.

I think that Peja will bring them down with nothing but disappointment. I just can't stand the idea of such a lazy individual getting all that money. Hell, Jared Jeffries works harder, and he won't get nearly as much..

Blueprint said:

p1_alharrington100-1.jpg

Al Harrington
Atlanta Hawks Possible suitors: Bulls, Knicks, Pacers
Leader in clubhouse: Bulls This versatile wingman with the ability score in the post, shoot from outside and defend will be in hot demand. At age 26, with his best years seemingly ahead of him, he should command a deal starting at around $10 million per year. The Hawks, with a crowd in the perimeter, almost certainly will look to fill their holes at point guard and/or center by using Harrington in a sign-and-trade. The Bulls, who desperately need a big guy who can score a little in the post, could be willing partners. Or how about Harrington, a New Jersey native who once played for Isiah Thomas with the Pacers, going to New York in a sign-and-trade for former Georgia Tech star Stephon Marbury?

Bro you know better then most how gifted of a pg chris paul is...what he really lacked last year was someone to take some pressure off of him. Despite Peja being just a pure jump shooter he'll still add 15-20 ppg which will be perfectly enough with paul leading the way :wink: :wink: :wink:

Blueprint said:

I think that Peja will bring them down with nothing but disappointment. I just can't stand the idea of such a lazy individual getting all that money. Hell, Jared Jeffries works harder, and he won't get nearly as much..

I disagree and agree with you here...worthless no, he'll add 15-20 ppg which is what that team needs to take pressure of chris paul while there two rookies cedric simmons and hilton armstrong develop in the nba. Lazy is the right word to describe peja though...The guy doesnt play defense at all, and doesnt rebound for a guy his size. All he'll do is add points, better then what they had though...also he is being overpaid for what hes adding

Blueprint said:

even the best passer needs people to pass to. Every team needs a player like peja who can stretch a d and knock down open j's. It allows your big men to be more effective especially when its a sf cause thats usually the player who comes to help in double team situations so obviously having a scorer at the 3 is huge. As much as anything its a philosophical question on how you structure a team as a GM and only a few players have a sweeter shot then peja. Yeah they probably overpaid but so did the Lakers to get vlad for the same exact reason and peja is a far better player.

Jared Jefferies dont score 20ppg a night, hes lucky to get 6-8 many games.

Buddwalk said:
Harrington is most likely to either sign with chicago or be part of a deal to the knicks that would send the hawks stephon marbury :wink: :wink: :wink:

Vlad should help kobe, but hes going to be an off the bench player at best cause he cant defend a bank with a machine gun :chuckle:
:lol: they said that about morrison on ESPN. didnt they?

So basically the Pacers traded Artest for nothing? Great move.

Harrington for Marbury straight up?

I know the Knicks aren't going to get equal value for him, but damn. Harrington would be good to stick in there beside Curry and Frye.

That would mean Isiah would be trusting Franchise to run the offense, that or he thinks that Nate is ready.

Back
Top Bottom