Penalties are on Gase and are a joke.......Fix it!!!!! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Penalties are on Gase and are a joke.......Fix it!!!!!

NYC#1finsfan

Active Roster
Reaction score
Don't tell me that the penalties are not on the head coach because they most certainly are. Gase has not properly taken control of the undisciplined play nor has he held anybody accountable and that is on him. Time to wake up, get your head out of that play calling sheet and address the problem and get it fixed.

Gase is not the head coach... notice who threw the red flag

Really? Last time I checked Adam Gase was the head coach. And Kenyan Drake, our starting running back threw a helmet belonging to a Buffalo Bills player across the field while Jarvis Landry head-butted an opposing player. Sounds like total control to me?:pompus

Seems Gase just draws up plays and calls them. Everything else is on the assistant coaches. So hold them accountable for the penalties.

I think Gase is still evaluating the team. He has openly stated that the team is full of malcontents with bad work ethics. I fully suspect that the way he plans on fixing it is by getting rid of a lot of players.

I think Gase is still evaluating the team. He has openly stated that the team is full of malcontents with bad work ethics. I fully suspect that the way he plans on fixing it is by getting rid of a lot of players.

Not buying that. He's been in the job 2 seasons now. The penalties all season have been poor and at no point was there any obvious improvement. I don't trust him to have a clean house. This is the guy that thought Cutler was worth bringing in and worth $10 million.

You do realize that penalties are a league wide issue right? I won't deny that there needs to be more discipline but Gase, hell any head coach, can only be only be responsible for so much when the officiating sucks major balls.

You do realize that penalties are a league wide issue right? I won't deny that there needs to be more discipline but Gase, hell any head coach, can only be only be responsible for so much when the officiating sucks major balls.
I would accept that if we were middle of the pack when it comes to penalties. But we’re second worst. For the 2nd year in a row.

I would accept that if we were middle of the pack when it comes to penalties. But we’re second worst. For the 2nd year in a row.
Like I said, there is room for improvement. But the bad officiating more than likely accounts for decent percentage of it.

As for Gase he really can't be everywhere at once. Still though he can do a few things to help rein it in. One would be to hold his coaches responsible. Firing a few coaches for their units getting too many penalties would be one way to drive it home that he is sick of it. Another would be to demand longer practices or fine players for every penalty they commit or get too many in a game. And if they can't do that then whomever has a penalty during the game has to scrub the bathroom after a game or practice.

Don't tell me that the penalties are not on the head coach because they most certainly are. Gase has not properly taken control of the undisciplined play nor has he held anybody accountable and that is on him. Time to wake up, get your head out of that play calling sheet and address the problem and get it fixed.

I totally disagree. If I have heard something once, our players have heard it a hundred times. These are grown men. Not kindergarteners who need everything explained to them on a daily basis. They know what's up. Ask a player who is responsible for the penalties. I would bet you won't hear them say it's on the coach.

An undisciplined team falls right at the feet of the head coach. Just about every teams fan complain about the refs, and they do suck, but we have a chit load of pre snap penalties. That's not the refs fault.

I was thinking about this in the shower today. Don't ask i have no idea why. I haven't looked i'm sure someone will tell me but i think after our 4 and 2 start when we looked flat and Gase called everyone out. I could imagine him saying something like play with intensity and I know that doesn't mean penalties but there is a fine line sometimes. Men are playing for their jobs and who knows he ( Gase ) could have said I would rather have a penalty then come out looking lifeless.

Just a thought could be wrong.. Thought I would share.

Happy New Year. Maybe 2018 will be the year of the Fins.

Back
Top Bottom