Pending 2018 Free Agents | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pending 2018 Free Agents

Actually think Brendel, Young, Smith, Davis and maybe Larsen or Asiata would make for great depth on the o-line. Now If you had that group behind a decent starting 5 I would have no worries up front.
Good afternoon Brother. I think some of these guys will surprise you like Davis. I also want to see more Brendel, less of Pouncey, and see what Asiata brings next year.

if these guys are starting then it's 4-12

Disagree, they have already proven plenty, and potentially can be better.

Obviously I am not saying just give them the job, or just count on them to be starters next year, but after bringing quality linemen to compete, let those two prove themselves.

You guys can re-sign Sam Young to your team, my team doesn't need him.

He's played enough.

I believe that Davis has been very good and Brendel did a great job in that Falcons game. We're not bringing in 5 new starters for the O-line. I'd rather play them than count on Pouncey and James once again

Ozzy rules!!

I wasn't saying bring in 5 new starters... Tunsil is your starting left tackle and unless James' market value is much higher than expected he's likely your starting right tackle. I would sign free agent Xavier Sua-Filo at one guard and draft a guard in the first or second round as well. If you have decent guard play it would make moving on from Pouncey easier, if that's the plan.

We should move on from Pouncey anyway, he's not very good anymore. As far as drafting a guard with our first pick, it just wont happen. James has missed half the season twice already and he's not worth 9mill a year. I'd bring in a free agent for sure that can step right in as one of the guards.

Ozzy rules!!

we don't need William Hayes at that price, (Harris,Wake,Branch are decent & we could draft a developmental DE or keep working on Malveaux)

but I would like this list to be resigned the rest can all be new blood.

-Landry
-Damien Williams
-Parkey
-Fede
-Young
-Brendel
-Aikens

Young has started 19 games in 9 seasons with 4 teams
will be 31 next season...Career back up at best
This is true. And we should keep him around, as such. Just pointing out he doesn’t suck doesn’t mean we don’t realize he is what he is

Walt Aikens, cornerback
Nate Allen, cornerback
Lamin Barrow, linebacker
Jake Brendel, center*
Jermon Bushrod, guard
Jay Cutler, quarterback
John Denney, long snapper
David Fales, quarterback**
Anthony Fasano, tight end
Terrence Fede, defensive end
Williams Hayes, defensive end
Neville Hewitt, linebacker**
Mike Hull, linebacker*
Jarvis Landry, wide receiver
Jordan Lucas, cornerback*
Koa Misi, linebacker
Matt Moore, quarterback
Cody Parkey, kicker
De’Veon Smith, running back*
Anthony Steen, center/guard*
Michael Thomas, safety
Alterraun Verner, cornerback
Damien Williams, running back
Sam Young, tackle

Yep....Special Teams aces are overrated imo. In today's game, S/T is all but extinct as far as returning and covering kicks. Time to get away from keeping players on the roster strictly for what 4-5 plays a game?

Juwuan James is easily replaceable. Pouncey needs to re-structure or take a pay cut. With avascular necrosis of the hip, it’s unlikely any team would invest more than the vet minimum on a one year deal. He and his agent have to know that. Miami has all the leverage IMO.

I would let pretty much every one of those guys walk. Try to keep Denney, give him the chance to retire as a Dolphin. Maybe try to keep Brendel, Steen and Young to let them battle for depth. Try to keep either Aikens or Thomas for special teams. I would still try to re-sign Landry. I would re-sign Parkey.

I would also get rid of Pouncey, Thomas, and Timmons. Also try to re-sign James at a reasonable contract, if he balks let him walk as well.

Yep....Special Teams aces are overrated imo. In today's game, S/T is all but extinct as far as returning and covering kicks. Time to get away from keeping players on the roster strictly for what 4-5 plays a game?

Over-rated by some. There's a reason almost every team, if not every team, keeps a few aces

Back
Top Bottom